Author Topic: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!  (Read 26174 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: West Palm Beach - Predictions - Updates - RESULTS~!
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
OMG her legs are CRAZY!  If she wants to stick to figure she will have to stop all leg training and start marathon training instead (though this won't help her upper body)!!! 

Maybe she should cross over to bbing :)
Jennifer

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2007, 10:27:29 AM »
Aren't there weight limits?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
Aren't there weight limits?
LMAO. not so much
Elevate Your Image.™

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
OMG her legs are CRAZY!  If she wants to stick to figure she will have to stop all leg training and start marathon training instead (though this won't help her upper body)!!! 

Maybe she should cross over to bbing :)

I Agree!....................(her body is obviously more genetically "suited" for bodybuilding)

why fight nature?!?!?!?!??!

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
We'll get video up on the NPC athletes sometime tonight, so reserve judgement until you see the clips as the competitors look a little different when you take away the stage camera lighting (which can exacerbate certain features) ;).  We advise some athletes to make the move from figure to bodybuilding (not too often but it happens) but in this case we really think that Shona can and will be successful in figure ....

I Agree!....................(her body is obviously more genetically "suited" for bodybuilding)

why fight nature?!?!?!?!??!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »
We'll get video up on the NPC athletes sometime tonight, so reserve judgement until you see the clips as the competitors look a little different when you take away the stage camera lighting (which can exacerbate certain features) ;).  We advise some athletes to make the move from figure to bodybuilding (not too often but it happens) but in this case we really think that Sonya can and will be successful in figure ....

Actually FigureRX we know "Shona" personally and yes, she can most certainly be successful in figure, but like Jennifer stated she has to pull back from training her legs so much.  I actually see her in the gym.  She trains at the same time as I do.  I know what she does and she busts her ass on her legs.  They are unbelievable to say the least and she's worked hard for them, BUT if she is to continue she needs to back away from training them so hard. 

Jennifer, Shona actually did a bbing show (MuscleMania) where she took first place.  I don't know why she has decided to pursue the figure side over bbing.  It may be that she is having trouble putting on size, not sure.  But she definitely has the legs of a bber. 

Oh and wicked beautiful hair.  Man, I wish I had her locks.  :)
:D Weee

MFITCHICK21

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »
We'll get video up on the NPC athletes sometime tonight, so reserve judgement until you see the clips as the competitors look a little different when you take away the stage camera lighting (which can exacerbate certain features) ;).  We advise some athletes to make the move from figure to bodybuilding (not too often but it happens) but in this case we really think that Sonya can and will be successful in figure ....

I was at the Southeastern on Oct 6th helping the girls out backstage. I saw Sonya on stage and although she does have great legs , shes a little to much for what they want in figure. Sonya has some outstanding body parts but in figure your body should have a natural flow to it and one or two bodyparts shouldnt stand out from the rest .  I think she needs to decide if she wants to be a FBB or figure and train accordlingly.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »
Her name is Shona.  Shona Pryce.

MFITCHICK21

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
Her name is Shona.  Shona Pryce.

My bad I just saw what Figure RX typed  :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »
That's ok.  I just want to make sure if she is recognized SHE is recognized.  :)

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »
Sorry guys we fixed

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »
We'll get video up on the NPC athletes sometime tonight, so reserve judgement until you see the clips as the competitors look a little different when you take away the stage camera lighting (which can exacerbate certain features) ;).  We advise some athletes to make the move from figure to bodybuilding (not too often but it happens) but in this case we really think that Shona can and will be successful in figure ....

This woman has amazing wheels and they are every bit as ripped off the stage lighting.

No offense Stephen as I know what you're doing is a lot of work and people appreciate it, but what qualifies you to advise women to do figure over bodybuilding?

Elevate Your Image.™

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
This woman has amazing wheels and they are every bit as ripped off the stage lighting.

No offense Stephen as I know what you're doing is a lot of work and people appreciate it, but what qualifies you to advise women to do figure over bodybuilding?

YEAH!........................ ...........what he said!

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »
We advise some athletes to make the move from figure to bodybuilding (not too often but it happens) but in this case we really think that Shona can and will be successful in figure ....

Who the hell is Figure RX? Is this some sort of management or training group. 
I've never heard of them. 

Amazing, only people I see on their site is Danielle Roulleau and Beth Horn.  Does Beth even compete anymore?
Has this guy/group trained IFBB pros or NPC national level competitors for some time.

I just don't get how these folks just pop up out of no-where and become "experts".

Looks like another JC Schmuck-Fest site to me!

Sorry JC, you do actually post some good pics of competitors and do a good job of covering the shows...

Which brings me to my point...what the heck is FigureRX supposed to be????

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »
I've never heard of them. 

Amazing, only people I see on their site is Danielle Roulleau and Beth Horn.  Does Beth even compete anymore?
Has this guy/group trained IFBB pros or NPC national level competitors for some time.

I just don't get how these folks just pop up out of no-where and become "experts".

Looks like another JC Schmuck-Fest site to me!

Sorry JC, you do actually post some good pics of competitors and do a good job of covering the shows...

Which brings me to my point...what the heck is FigureRX supposed to be????

Shmoe??........................ ........

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2007, 12:57:41 PM »

Shmoe??........................ ........

If the shoe fits....

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
Hi guys, you can read all about our corporate structure and our current and future goals in the "About Us" page on our site.  Everything is laid out pretty clearly there.  We have a team of trainers who help write our contest articles and of course there is always a mix of personalities and preferences as well, since figure tends to be a subjective sport.  We're not claiming to be experts, we're just keeping at it and expressing our opinions like everyone else on the board.  We just call it like we see it and hopefully we all learn more as we cover more.  ;)  

As far as Shona, as we said we think she can be an asset to the figure stage if she moves in that direction and we hope she will.  Obviously we tend to support a little more muscle in figure as long as the other necessary qualities are there, and we know that some will not agree with that assessment.  One of the athletes on our figure team, Lindsey Cope, will be somewhat of a test case next year as far as pushing the envelope at the national level because we think she has all the main figure qualities but she carries more muscle.  Sometimes it's obvious when an athlete should move to bodybuilding ... but we also like to see some athletes stick to figure if their heart is in it and fight for the direction of the sport!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »
Again no disrespect here, but it sounds like you advise women based on what YOU like. It's one thing to offer an opinion, but entirely different when "advising" others, especially when presented as a "potential sponsor". If that's not the case, I'd be curious to hear why you think Shona would do better in figure on the next level.

After seeing Shona in person, her wheels are that of a bodybuilder and if she brought up her upper body, she'd be a threat in bodybuilding. Plus she'd bring an attractive look to the female bbing stage. It's ultimately her call but she's an example of a woman who will most likely get frustrated with her placings or what she has to do to be successful in figure. What I mean by that is what someone else mentioned. She'll have to stop training her legs to bring a match to her uppper body. That defeats the purpose why most of us train. Who wants to compete and not spend time in the gym? I know two pros who are facing the same thing - they've had to stop training to try and loose muscle and bring what the judges are looking for.

Hi guys, you can read all about our corporate structure and our current and future goals in the "About Us" page on our site.  Everything is laid out pretty clearly there.  We have a team of trainers who help write our contest articles and of course there is always a mix of personalities and preferences as well, since figure tends to be a subjective sport.  We're not claiming to be experts, we're just keeping at it and expressing our opinions like everyone else on the board.  We just call it like we see it and hopefully we all learn more as we cover more.  ;) 

As far as Shona, as we said we think she can be an asset to the figure stage if she moves in that direction and we hope she will.  Obviously we tend to support a little more muscle in figure as long as the other necessary qualities are there, and we know that some will not agree with that assessment.  One of the athletes on our figure team, Lindsey Cope, will be somewhat of a test case next year as far as pushing the envelope at the national level because we think she has all the main figure qualities but she carries more muscle.  Sometimes it's obvious when an athlete should move to bodybuilding ... but we also like to see some athletes stick to figure if their heart is in it and fight for the direction of the sport!!
Elevate Your Image.™

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
Again no disrespect here, but it sounds like you advise women based on what YOU like. It's one thing to offer an opinion, but entirely different when "advising" others, especially when presented as a "potential sponsor". If that's not the case, I'd be curious to hear why you think Shona would do better in figure on the next level.

After seeing Shona in person, her wheels are that of a bodybuilder and if he brought up her upper body, she'd be a threat in bodybuilding. Plus she'd bring an attractive look to the female bbing stage. It's ultimately her call but she's an example of a woman who will most likely get frustrated with her placings or what she has to do to be successful in figure. What I mean by that is what someone else mentioned. She'll have to stop training her legs to bring a match to her uppper body. That defeats the purpose why most of us train. Who wants to compete and not spend time in the gym? I know two pros who are facing the same thing - they've had to stop training to try and loose muscle and bring what the judges are looking for.

Spot on (as usual!)
if it looks like a bodybuilder,smells like a bodybuilder............. .........it is a bodybuilder!!!

telling someone "don't train!......you could do well in Figure"  is ludicrous

FigureRX

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2007, 01:46:29 PM »
I agree with you Isaac, no disrespect taken.  We always lay out the pros and cons, and one of the first things an athlete has to ask about herself is how she wants to train, and how she feels about herself.  Ultimately it's an individual decision.  For our part, we are working toward acceptance of different types of physiques within figure and I think we are seeing more of that.  More options for athletes to look like *they* want to look.  I think there's more muscle at the top of the pro figure placings this year than there was last year at this time, and that's great to see.  We're very pleased to see the trend since the Europa. 

After seeing Shona in person, her wheels are that of a bodybuilder and if she brought up her upper body, she'd be a threat in bodybuilding. Plus she'd bring an attractive look to the female bbing stage. It's ultimately her call but she's an example of a woman who will most likely get frustrated with her placings or what she has to do to be successful in figure. What I mean by that is what someone else mentioned. She'll have to stop training her legs to bring a match to her uppper body. That defeats the purpose why most of us train. Who wants to compete and not spend time in the gym? I know two pros who are facing the same thing - they've had to stop training to try and loose muscle and bring what the judges are looking for.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
I agree with you Isaac, no disrespect taken.  We always lay out the pros and cons, and one of the first things an athlete has to ask about herself is how she wants to train, and how she feels about herself.  Ultimately it's an individual decision.  For our part, we are working toward acceptance of different types of physiques within figure and I think we are seeing more of that.  More options for athletes to look like *they* want to look.  I think there's more muscle at the top of the pro figure placings this year than there was last year at this time, and that's great to see.  We're very pleased to see the trend since the Europa. 

It (muscle) is more accepted at the Pro Level, but all I am hearing from at the Amateur Level is less is more, which is proven time and time again at these competitions.  Which is why I, personally, made the transition to bbing from figure.

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »
These people are giving out advices on competing? A 20-something competitor who can't get herself into shape and her sugardaddy investment banker.

All this we talk you'd swear the guy has a hamster in his pocket or is it mouse? Denny Crane! Master of the house.

Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
THat guy is Figure-R/X ?!?!??!?!?!?!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »
THat guy is Figure-R/X ?!?!??!?!?!?!

HATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2007, 06:55:46 AM »
OMG her legs are CRAZY! 

Maybe she should cross over to bbing crushing :)

Fixed.