Author Topic: Kaz looking huge (old pics... many added)  (Read 44676 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Kaz looking huge (old pic)
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgiGNyx8N7w

Turn up your speakers a little. ;D

One more. The bar bend is very cool. They don't do it anymore... because nobody can do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVOMnwIz2SI

maybe they like pecs more these days.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2007, 07:05:49 PM »

Powerlifting and Bodybuilding. ;D

Ferrigno actually "Guest posed" at the Nationals that year. It was very funny. Nobody knew why he was there, and everybody wanted hm to stop. ;D
a

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
Met him at Club Industry in Chicago a few years ago...he was a prick.  He was a spokesman for Strive equipment at that trade show.  Like the others have said, he was still a big guy.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »
The pic is from the Worlds in Gothenburg 1983.

The biggest guy in that pic is the guy with the back towards the cam, Lars Hedlund. Didn't compete, injured his knee while competing in WSM I believe.

From what I've been told, weighed 400 lbs @ cerca 6'5''ish at his biggest, seen pics of him with SHW's of that era, totally dwarfed them.

Bigger than Kaz, but obviously Kaz was a better strongman competitor.

The guy farthest to the left is some weird guy, who always acted the back spotter @ the Worlds, for years. Had glasses that made him look like a pimp. Or a serial killer. Anyone knows his name?
The big black dude is John Gamble, winner of the 275's. Thick as a brick, especially the traps.

Also looks like RDC and Mike Bridges.

Here ya go... That's Brian Smith from London England in the red jacket behind Lee. Brian came over to act as the platform manager at the big meets back then. He did an awesome job of being prepared for the lifters and dealing with them in extreme circumstances when they weren't always at their friendliest. He wore the shades to keep the glare from all the camera flashes from distracting him. -Some old caption somewhere

John Gamble... Trained with him many times. John Gamble was Ronny Coleman, before Ronny Coleman was Ronny Coleman. ;D Gamble's physique was nuts! Absolutely crazy. I'll try and find some pics. He was a coach at Virginia and I think he's still with the Dolphins.... I think.

Edit

John Gamble:
1981-1983.... University of Virginia
assistant strength coach
1984-1993... head strength coach
1994-2005... Miami Dolphins
strength and conditioning coach
2006-present... Director of Player Development

T-
a

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »
Here ya go... That's Brian Smith from London England in the red jacket behind Lee. Brian came over to act as the platform manager at the big meets back then. He did an awesome job of being prepared for the lifters and dealing with them in extreme circumstances when they weren't always at their friendliest. He wore the shades to keep the glare from all the camera flashes from distracting him. -Some old caption somewhere

John Gamble... Trained with him many times. John Gamble was Ronny Coleman, before Ronny Coleman was Ronny Coleman. ;D Gamble's physique was nuts! Absolutely crazy. I'll try and find some pics. He was a coach at virginia and I think he's still with the dolphins.... I think.

T-

fuck man. do you know uncle mendelweisz too?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
Here ya go... That's Brian Smith from London England in the red jacket behind Lee. Brian came over to act as the platform manager at the big meets back then. He did an awesome job of being prepared for the lifters and dealing with them in extreme circumstances when they weren't always at their friendliest. He wore the shades to keep the glare from all the camera flashes from distracting him.

John Gamble... Trained with him many times. John Gamble was Ronny Coleman, before Ronny Coleman was Ronny Coleman. ;D Gamble's physique was nuts! Absolutely crazy. I'll try and find some pics. He was a coach at virginia and I think he's still with the dolphins.... I think.

T-
yeah you're right Tommy, Gamble was the strength and conditioning coach at Virginia and then went to the Dolphins, don't know if he's still there though, awesome 275'er for awhile.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »
fuck man. do you know uncle mendelweisz too?

Somewhere, I have a picture or two of Brian Smith, Brian's wearing those silly sunglasses. He's overseeing the bar being loaded for a big squat. There's a guy standing behind Brian Smith waiting to lift that bar. That guy is me. A long time ago.
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
I know for a fact kaz is a big dude, so  you must be A BIG ASS #### shit.

Not sure if this is a compliment or you are making fun of me.  Has anyone seen or have one of his Feats of Strength posters.  It is really neat.  He sent me one several years ago and I lost it.  It has a collage of his lifts and then a complete list of all his records.  A very cool poster.  And he does rep Strive.  Now the only time I see him is at shows.  He has a very nice wife too.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2007, 07:41:21 PM »
Not sure if this is a compliment or you are making fun of me.  Has anyone seen or have one of his Feats of Strength posters.  It is really neat.  He sent me one several years ago and I lost it.  It has a collage of his lifts and then a complete list of all his records.  A very cool poster.  And he does rep Strive.  Now the only time I see him is at shows.  He has a very nice wife too.
i had the poster along with his three little thin training books, he autographed all three, the poster had maybe 10-12 pictures on it and a big list of his accomplishments on it.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »
http://vintagemusclemags.com/magCover.php?0;5;8;pl;Powerlifting+USA

John Gamble cover photo. I can't display the image. If anybody can help, more power to ya. ;)
a

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:21 PM »
awesome shot.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
a

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2007, 07:57:01 PM »
This fucker is strong ;D, the weights are in kilos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BqxEfB5-Lv8

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2007, 07:58:06 PM »
awesome artwork on that Kaz cover, now that's talent, that kind of shit makes me jealous, i was never much of an artist.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
Thanks SF!

Here's the link to many old Powerlifting USA covers. Just hit scan and the cover shows up.
(For those who don't know, Powerlifting USA is and has been, the premier powerlifting publication, in the US for last 30 years.)
http://vintagemusclemags.com/mags.php?c=167

There's a great cover shot of 6' 6" 425 OD Wilson. :o
a

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »
hahahahahha, holy shit my old friend Jay is in there!!! :D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »
That dude's shredded. Some cool covers huh?
a

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2007, 08:08:20 PM »
That dude's shredded. Some cool covers huh?
hahahhahaa, that's Jay Rosciglione who was a record holder in the APF at 165, we used to train together now and then at my old gym, this was 6-7 years ago but that cover is from 81 or so when he was a young guy, fuccker squatted 765, pulled 700 and benched around 405-410, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »
Kaz Now

What happened to his shins? Did he trip and fall?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »
holy shit. :o

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Kaz looking huge (old pics... many added)
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »
Ya. That's a real 6' 6" 425 pounds. Look how little he makes the bar appear. ;D

I love the cover caption: OD Wilson... The nightmare continues. ;D

"I don't know what them Icelanders be eatin', but I need to go over there and try some of that, you know what I'm saying?"    -OD Wilson
a

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2007, 08:44:06 PM »
This fucker is strong ;D, the weights are in kilos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BqxEfB5-Lv8

What a Great comedy! hahaha

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »
Thanks SF!

Here's the link to many old Powerlifting USA covers. Just hit scan and the cover shows up.

http://vintagemusclemags.com/mags.php?c=167

There's a great cover shot of 6' 6" 425 OD Wilson. :o
what an awesome source. that pic of OD is one of the crazier pics ive seen lately, holy shit what a monster

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Kaz looking huge (old pics... many added)
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 09:15:01 PM »
Glad you liked it.

Isn't that OD Wilson pic crazy. He makes that bar look like one of those preloaded 60 - 70 pound bars, that gyms have in a row on a rack.  ;D

If he hadn't left, I think OD Wilson could have weighed 450-470 and totalled in the low 2500's. Raw.
a