Author Topic: Dorian -three weeks out: 1993  (Read 89099 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Dorian -three weeks out: 1993
« Reply #575 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »

how does the COLOUR change the fact that the vascularity and detail were miles ahead of anything dorian ever presented?

you are quick to discount an adjusted pic, but you fail to explain why a pic adjusted for colour changes everything displayed in the pic.

Hulkster, changing the contrast of a pic makes the obvioulsy causes a difference in the visibility os separations, veins, etc, in the muscle. However this is besides the point. The issue is that you can't trust a picture that has a dozen different contrasts because you can choose the contrast that adds most impressiveness. In any case, the problem I have with those pics is that the lighting helped Ronnie's separations and striations tremensously, which is not the case for Dorian. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #576 on: December 08, 2007, 02:44:45 AM »
  Bump for this thread! 8)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #577 on: December 08, 2007, 02:57:28 AM »
Peter McGough read this thread.

It's a shame he doesn't post here though, I've read some great stories he posted about Dorian over on IronAge.
Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #578 on: December 08, 2007, 06:30:15 AM »
 :o

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2008, 06:31:30 AM »
This is pretty good. Three weeks pre-olympia 1993

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2008, 05:36:31 AM »
This is pretty good. Three weeks pre-olympia 1993

I think this a great post. When you consider that in 93 nothing like this monster had ever been seen before , you realise the change it signified.
O

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2008, 06:34:06 AM »
even ronnie in relatively bad shape (2000) has a taper and proportion that kill dorian:

Agreed.

Look at at how Flex looks onstage with Dorian, Flex looks almost as good yeah? I know the perspective is different in the 2000 shot but aas we know from all the 2000 shots Ronnie clearly dominates the whole stage from the front, including a bigger Flex, who doesn't even come close. From the back we know how close the Yates/Coleman comparison would be, but one thing is for sure that regardless of the probable dryness disadvantage, Ronnie's glutes are still more ripped than Dorian's at about 7 pounds heavier. But, as Hulkster says, the sheer taper and muscular shape are what's absolutely insane. Next generation quads prevent those wide delts, lats and massive arms from creating a top-heavy look on what was once a naturally narrow structure. Chest is no comparison. That's bodybuilding, personified and exemplified by Ronnie for 8 consecutive titles.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »

Agreed.

Look at at how Flex looks onstage with Dorian, Flex looks almost as good yeah? I know the perspective is different in the 2000 shot but aas we know from all the 2000 shots Ronnie clearly dominates the whole stage from the front, including a bigger Flex, who doesn't even come close. From the back we know how close the Yates/Coleman comparison would be, but one thing is for sure that regardless of the probable dryness disadvantage, Ronnie's glutes are still more ripped than Dorian's at about 7 pounds heavier. But, as Hulkster says, the sheer taper and muscular shape are what's absolutely insane. Next generation quads prevent those wide delts, lats and massive arms from creating a top-heavy look on what was once a naturally narrow structure. Chest is no comparison. That's bodybuilding, personified and exemplified by Ronnie for 8 consecutive titles.

Excellant post. You've pretty much nailed it there.

Bottom line is:

Dorian was good (for a while)

But ronnies better.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #583 on: February 14, 2008, 07:03:04 AM »
The Nasser of 96-2001 shits on both Coleman and Yates. For me it was the best combination of mass and flow ever seen. Greatest ever physique I seen.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #584 on: February 14, 2008, 07:13:47 AM »
he's absolutely flawless with the exception of a slight gut

Just in time for Valentine's, the kid's in love. :-* :-* :-*

That video reminds me how much of a blocky fire-hydrant the construction worker was. Thick with minimal tapers by classic BB standards. Nasser was better.

Tapers & size ND can only salivate over but never admit.
&feature=related

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »
no doubt yates was a great BB but he had many flaws

weak biceps
flat chest
lack of outer quad sweep
blocky waist and large obliques

Ronnie kills him without a doubt

the best yates 1993 vs the best ronnie 1998 or 2003

COLEMAN REIGNS SUPREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #586 on: May 28, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »
The Nasser of 96-2001 shits on both Coleman and Yates. For me it was the best combination of mass and flow ever seen. Greatest ever physique I seen.

This account may have actually been Nasser himself

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #587 on: May 29, 2020, 05:27:20 AM »
Dorian Yates was a beast. When Haney beat him he came back the next year light years ahead of that package he bought against Haney. He paid a big price like Coleman for all that heavy lifting.  Sometimes I think Vince Taylor has it right. Lift for endurance instead of strength.  Still can't believe that Vince tore a bicep with a 15lbs dumbbell.  Which method will take you into your advanced years in better health?  Lifting heavy or training for muscular endurance like Vince Taylor?

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #588 on: May 29, 2020, 08:31:15 AM »
You're damn right ! untanned , no oil no contest lights and he crushes anything Ronnie ever shown even 2003
Thats right. Where are the untanned offseason Ronnie pics... 😒😉

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #589 on: May 29, 2020, 09:23:19 AM »

This account may have actually been Nasser himself

;D ;D ;D