Author Topic: BEST POSTWORKOUT CARB DRINK???  (Read 7568 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: BEST POSTWORKOUT CARB DRINK???
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2007, 04:53:49 AM »
You might be slightly allergic to lactose which is why they suggested an isolate. Plus you are switching to Waxy Maize as your post workout carb, right? Sometime the old Maltodextrin and Dextrose carbs made me gassy.

What I do is put in a shaker Whey Isolate (40 g.) and Waxy Maize (60 g.) and keep in the locker. After my workout, go to the fountain and fill er up. Drink it before I even get to the front door. Then I eat about an hour later.

Good luck bro, in my 18 years of this, I found I am always tweaking and adjusting my supps and diet. After all these years of eating all this fucking food, my intestines must be a wreck. Which is an old guy like me is doing more enzymes, probiotics and greens.  :D

hey b i was just wondering what is the reasoning behind the 60 grams of waxy maize?? just curious

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »

hey b i was just wondering what is the reasoning behind the 60 grams of waxy maize?? just curious

I never bought into the 2:1 ratio of carb to protein post workout. I found that too much carb powder post workout bloats me a bit and I want to make sure I eat within an hour of that shake. I have used up to about 80 g. of waxy and did not get that bloat but was also getting a touch chubby so backed it down to 60g recently.

I also weigh 220 lbs at about 12% BF(C'mon, it is the holidays, ok!!) and want to store all those carbs as glycogen, not bodyfat. My midsection is feeling tighter since I backed it to 60g.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »
my question is what determines how much you need?  i was going with 30 grmas or so of dextrose and now that ive got the waxy maize i need 60 grams of that?  or was i underdoing it with the dextrose to begin with?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »
my question is what determines how much you need?  i was going with 30 grmas or so of dextrose and now that ive got the waxy maize i need 60 grams of that?  or was i underdoing it with the dextrose to begin with?

30g. would be a good start, then adjust from there. Depending on how big you are, 30g. might be too little.

I personally did not like Dextrose as it made me bloated because it gums up in your gut. The good thing with Waxy is that is exits your stomach fast, no bloat.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2007, 05:07:32 PM »
well so far ive been doin 60 grams of waxy and its alright i mean it settles well alot better then dextrose....but i was thinking about cutting it to 30 grams and see how i feel....ive been taking it now for 4 days and i like it and i feel fuller not in the stomache but in thew muscle groups i worked that day or even the day after it seems..i cant wait for my whey isolate to get here and see how much better that is compared to regular whey concentrate...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »
well so far ive been doin 60 grams of waxy and its alright i mean it settles well alot better then dextrose....but i was thinking about cutting it to 30 grams and see how i feel....ive been taking it now for 4 days and i like it and i feel fuller not in the stomache but in thew muscle groups i worked that day or even the day after it seems..i cant wait for my whey isolate to get here and see how much better that is compared to regular whey concentrate...

Good stuff man!! Keep it up and if you feel the same on 30 as opposed to 60, stay with the lower dose. You will be saving $$$ . ...but if you start flatening out, go back to 60g.

From your other posts, sound like you do not do well with Milk so the Isolate will be great for ya'  :)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »
yea im hopin so thanks for the tips bro

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »
one bag of frozen green beans equals roughly 30 grams of carbs. the same amount of broccoli yields pretty much the same amount of carbs. so two, maybe three bags of green beans/broccoli will be plenty to replenish glycogen. and by replenishing with either of those, you are doing much more than just eating carbs...the broccoli is an extremely potent estrogen blocker, fiber will remove any fat sitting in your digestive track, and both contains tons of vitamines and minerals wich will help you digest and utilize whatever protein you eat post workout a million times better. rice, oatmeal, or anyother type of carb wont do any of that for you. plus...they dont allow you to eat a big amount of food...and for a hungry person(like myself) being able to eat large quantities of food is necessary. very necessary..

WOW you got owned! 30g of veggies? You a crazy bitch if you think that veggies are going to help you in replacing 'simple carbs' Dude google the fucking veggies and see what type of carb index they are. then when your educated come back and say 'sorry' to all the people who you told to eat veggies after a workout.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2007, 11:14:15 AM »

WOW you got owned! 30g of veggies? You a crazy bitch if you think that veggies are going to help you in replacing 'simple carbs' Dude google the fucking veggies and see what type of carb index they are. then when your educated come back and say 'sorry' to all the people who you told to eat veggies after a workout.
when did i say veggies were a simple carb? i made my point perfectly clear that the best carb option is a COMPLEX FIBROUS carb. there is absolutely no need to replenish glycogen so quickly....not unless you have the fastest metabolism in the world and you train with extreme volume... then i could see the carbs as necessary for staving off muscle tissue catabolism...but for 95% of people..you do not need to get fast acting carbs post workout.