Author Topic: Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett Set For M-1 On 4/11?  (Read 15177 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett Set For M-1 On 4/11?
« on: January 25, 2008, 03:29:08 PM »
Aleksander Emelianenko (12-3) will next fight April 11 for the upstart M-1 Global organization, and the Russian expects his opponent to be Josh Barnett (20-5).

News of the potential bout was posted on Emelianenko’s official website at www.alex.mixfight.ru.

The as-of-yet-unannounced M-1 Global event is expected to take place in Chicago.
Z

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett Set For M-1 On 4/11?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:36:44 PM »
that should be a pretty good one there
irongearco.com

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 07:03:48 PM »
They already fought, Josh handled his ass, Catch wrestling > Aleks.  It's crazy how you can train with Fedor everyday and still have holes that big in your game (Aleks,Zentsov).
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
I still say if Aleksander was in the UFC for the last 3 years he'd be top dawg !

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
is this rematch necessary?

E
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03:34 AM »
its another m1 bullshit matchup they need to put josh against fedor
and where the hell is mark hunt hiding? he hasnt been fighting since 2006  >:(
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »
its another m1 bullshit matchup they need to put josh against fedor
and where the hell is mark hunt hiding? he hasnt been fighting since 2006  >:(

They aren't going to risk Fedor losing before the potential Fedor/Randy showdown, they have begun hyping it up and him losing to Josh would just mean two steps backwards for the young company.  If this fight goes through, it has the potential to be one of the most meaningful fights in MMA history, which would in turn cement M-1 as a more permanent threat to the UFC and the other Big org's, and if it's such a bullshit match up then why did you bother making a thread about it instead of just putting it in the MMA news thread?
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 03:22:40 PM »
They aren't going to risk Fedor losing before the potential Fedor/Randy showdown, they have begun hyping it up and him losing to Josh would just mean two steps backwards for the young company.  If this fight goes through, it has the potential to be one of the most meaningful fights in MMA history, which would in turn cement M-1 as a more permanent threat to the UFC and the other Big org's, and if it's such a bullshit match up then why did you bother making a thread about it instead of just putting it in the MMA news thread?

because i had a feeling it would be discussed and it was

maybe they shouldnt have fedor fight semmy either, last time they fought he couldnt finish him
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 03:55:40 PM »
because i had a feeling it would be discussed and it was

maybe they shouldnt have fedor fight semmy either, last time they fought he couldnt finish him

Nope, he just took him down at will and beat his face in for three rounds.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Waah waah bullshit M1 matchup waah waah. The irony is that it's better than any HW fight the UFC has put on in two years.

M1 for LIFE!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:59:55 AM »
Nope, he just took him down at will and beat his face in for three rounds.

Bottom line - he couldn't finish him!

Let's see if Fedor dares to stand with Semmy, 3 years in a row k-1 champion!

I doubt he got the balls! I bet he's gonna be scared like a little bitch and look for a take down as quick as possible!
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 05:59:48 AM »
Waah waah bullshit M1 matchup waah waah. The irony is that it's better than any HW fight the UFC has put on in two years.

M1 for LIFE!

"You are the reason Berzerkfury dosen't come here anymore, good for him, he's sticking to his guns.  Ask him why he dosen't come here anymore and i'm willing to bet cash that his answer will have your fat name in it somewhere. " - ChuteBoxe

:D
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 03:09:53 PM »
"You are the reason Berzerkfury dosen't come here anymore, good for him, he's sticking to his guns.  Ask him why he dosen't come here anymore and i'm willing to bet cash that his answer will have your fat name in it somewhere. " - ChuteBoxe

:D

And what?  I said that in refrence to your accusations and name dropping in an argument that you couldn't win, you were trying to say that Bf lives in the MMA board, when in reality he barely comes here and I said you were the reason.  Let's see what his answer is.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
And what?  I said that in refrence to your accusations and name dropping in an argument that you couldn't win, you were trying to say that Bf lives in the MMA board, when in reality he barely comes here and I said you were the reason.  Let's see what his answer is.

haha looks like he isnt "sticking to his guns" so what the hell you talking about?  :D 
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »
haha looks like he isnt "sticking to his guns" so what the hell you talking about?  :D 

He was once a regular poster here, now he just pops in to insult you and your threads, like I said good for him.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
He was once a regular poster here, now he just pops in to insult you and your threads, like I said good for him.

Good observation. That's exactly what he does. I'm really in his head.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
Bottom line - he couldn't finish him!

Let's see if Fedor dares to stand with Semmy, 3 years in a row k-1 champion!

I doubt he got the balls! I bet he's gonna be scared like a little bitch and look for a take down as quick as possible!

You are using a fight that happened 6 years ago to gauge how a potential fight will go now, let me put that in perspective.  6 years ago Randy Couture got his ass handed to him twice consecutively (Ricco Rodriguez and Josh Barnett), respectively ,now he is the UFC heavyweight champ.  6 years ago Bj Penn lost to Jens Pulver now he is lightweight champ.  That was Fedor's debut in Pride and he hasn't been beaten since then.   MMA is about exploiting your opponents weaknesses and using your strengths to do so, and if Semmys' happens to be his ground game, then hey , common sense says go that route, it's called a game plan, fighters use them all the time, but you should know that right with all of your years of attending UFC's and cage fighting and muay thai experience ::)
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »
You are using a fight that happened 6 years ago to gauge how a potential fight will go now, let me put that in perspective.  6 years ago Randy Couture got his ass handed to him twice consecutively (Ricco Rodriguez and Josh Barnett), respectively ,now he is the UFC heavyweight champ.  6 years ago Bj Penn lost to Jens Pulver now he is lightweight champ.  That was Fedor's debut in Pride and he hasn't been beaten since then.   MMA is about exploiting your opponents weaknesses and using your strengths to do so, and if Semmys' happens to be his ground game, then hey , common sense says go that route, it's called a game plan, fighters use them all the time, but you should know that right with all of your years of attending UFC's and cage fighting and muay thai experience ::)

MMA is also about putting on a show. In fact it's so important that part of the rules are about it. So as a fan, that's what I'm hoping for and the only way for that to happen is if Fedor have the balls (and care enough about the fans) to stand and trade with Semmy.
Z

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 06:00:58 PM »
You are using a fight that happened 6 years ago to gauge how a potential fight will go now, let me put that in perspective.  6 years ago Randy Couture got his ass handed to him twice consecutively (Ricco Rodriguez and Josh Barnett), respectively ,now he is the UFC heavyweight champ.  6 years ago Bj Penn lost to Jens Pulver now he is lightweight champ.  That was Fedor's debut in Pride and he hasn't been beaten since then.   MMA is about exploiting your opponents weaknesses and using your strengths to do so, and if Semmys' happens to be his ground game, then hey , common sense says go that route, it's called a game plan, fighters use them all the time, but you should know that right with all of your years of attending UFC's and cage fighting and muay thai experience ::)

Your absolutely right.  Not only did BJ beat Pulver, he destroyed him.  A lot can change with time
A

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 06:11:40 PM »
MMA is also about putting on a show. In fact it's so important that part of the rules are about it. So as a fan, that's what I'm hoping for and the only way for that to happen is if Fedor have the balls (and care enough about the fans) to stand and trade with Semmy.

According to you, you should only stand and trade. If Semmy really cared about the fans then he would go to the floor with Fedor as you seem to think that's the only thing that Fedor does. FUCK CAN WE GET SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE THIS FOOLS SPOT AND HELP ME MOD THIS BOARD... RON PLEASE GIVE ME SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! I'M NOT ASKING FOR TO MUCH.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
According to you, you should only stand and trade. If Semmy really cared about the fans then he would go to the floor with Fedor as you seem to think that's the only thing that Fedor does.

Don't make things up. Never said that. As for Semmy, he's the underdog coming into this fight. Fedor is the topdog, the superior fighter and the more well rounded one. People in general can't be very happy with what he's done the last few years (and neither should he be) so for that reason he should do a bit of trading with Semmy. (according to you this is likely to happen as you disagree with me on the part that Fedor mostly take it to the ground, I hope you're right)
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »

You are a moron, plain and simple.  What rules in mma say that you can't take someone down at will and beat on them for three rounds?  Some fans like seeing beatifully executed take downs and ground and pound, it's not like he just laid on top of him and did nothing.  If those rules you speak of actually exist, we would have never heard of guys like Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Josh Koscheck or Sean Sherk (there are plenty more).  All of these guys (I don't really care for a few of them) have one thing in common, they are or were at the upper tier of the sport because of fan demand and the fact that they kept winning.  Tito and Hughes are still pretty marketable, people buy the PPV's and they still win every once in a while.  Do they care about you're fat opinions? no, because almost nothing you say that is MMA related makes any sense whatsoever.  If you like stand up so much go to a kickboxing forum and bore them to death with your meritless insight.
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:34 PM »
You are a moron, plain and simple.  What rules in mma say that you can't take someone down at will and beat on them for three rounds?  Some fans like seeing beatifully executed take downs and ground and pound, it's not like he just laid on top of him and did nothing.  If those rules you speak of actually exist, we would have never heard of guys like Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Josh Koscheck or Sean Sherk (there are plenty more).  All of these guys (I don't really care for a few of them) have one thing in common, they are or were at the upper tier of the sport because of fan demand and the fact that they kept winning.  Tito and Hughes are still pretty marketable, people buy the PPV's and they still win every once in a while.  Do they care about you're fat opinions? no, because almost nothing you say that is MMA related makes any sense whatsoever.  If you like stand up so much go to a kickboxing forum and bore them to death with your meritless insight.

No Chute he is a kickboxing king yet he knows little about the ground. Other then when his dad put him on the ground and told him "tell the teachers we were wrestling when you got these rug burns." No wonder Bluto doesn't like the ground game. Sends him back home to dad.. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
You are a moron, plain and simple.  What rules in mma say that you can't take someone down at will and beat on them for three rounds?  Some fans like seeing beatifully executed take downs and ground and pound, it's not like he just laid on top of him and did nothing.  If those rules you speak of actually exist, we would have never heard of guys like Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Josh Koscheck or Sean Sherk (there are plenty more).  All of these guys (I don't really care for a few of them) have one thing in common, they are or were at the upper tier of the sport because of fan demand and the fact that they kept winning.  Tito and Hughes are still pretty marketable, people buy the PPV's and they still win every once in a while.  Do they care about you're fat opinions? no, because almost nothing you say that is MMA related makes any sense whatsoever.  If you like stand up so much go to a kickboxing forum and bore them to death with your meritless insight.

Pretty much everybody feels the way I do. Take away the ground game and you got K-1 or Boxing some of the worlds most popular sports. Take away the stand up you got Submission Wrestling - good luck getting people to pay $40 PPV for that  ::)

And I don't care much for the names you mentioned, and neither does anyone else on the MMA board (as a matter of fact, Koscheck was mentioned by 5 people on here as the most boring UFC fighter! Tito 3 times! and Fedor once!) so much for "fan demand"
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »
No Chute he is a kickboxing king yet he knows little about the ground. Other then when his dad put him on the ground and told him "tell the teachers we were wrestling when you got these rug burns." No wonder Bluto doesn't like the ground game. Sends him back home to dad.. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Who says I don't like the ground game? Only you Sincity, only you.
Z