Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 85027 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »

I get that too...I'm smaller than her, actually.  At least I think I am!

I don't think that will be the case when she's in contest shape. 

She has muscular thighs but other than that I don't think she really looks like a bodybuilder. I think Kelly Ripa looks more muscular than her with better muscle separation!
E

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »

NO, I said that I look less muscular than the Beast when I am off-season, so that would make ME the fatty.   ;D

Is there something "ripitupbaby"?  ::)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
hahahaha  Kelly Ripa, oh brother.   ::)

:)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2008, 09:11:46 AM »
hahaha...at this point we are both lil fatties :)

and Danielson I dwarf many of the little figure girls, some of the bigger girls that don't do as well in National Level shows are more my size but 2 years ago I was told by Sandy Ranalli (sp?) head judge at most national level shows that I am TOO big to be a figure competitor.  DOn't foget the past few years they have really cut back on the muscle, ESPECIALLY the leg muscle of figure girls. 

You going to be at the Arnold?  See for yourself  :)

But no I am not a HUGE bber, nor will I ever be...there is only so much muscle I can add in a year, more then anything I will hopefully be a bit leaner on stage and bring up some of my weak points from last year.
Jennifer

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
hahaha...at this point we are both lil fatties :)

and Danielson I dwarf many of the little figure girls, some of the bigger girls that don't do as well in National Level shows are more my size but 2 years ago I was told by Sandy Ranalli (sp?) head judge at most national level shows that I am TOO big to be a figure competitor.  DOn't foget the past few years they have really cut back on the muscle, ESPECIALLY the leg muscle of figure girls. 

You going to be at the Arnold?  See for yourself  :)

But no I am not a HUGE bber, nor will I ever be...there is only so much muscle I can add in a year, more then anything I will hopefully be a bit leaner on stage and bring up some of my weak points from last year.
I smell another trophy coming your way, Jen  ;)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »
i can tell you  few things...the Beast has one of the most amazing backs i have ever seen, and she has definatly put on some gooooooood size this year.....she looks great, and is more then definatly a BBer....i know that

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »
hahahaha  Kelly Ripa, oh brother.   ::)

Kelly Ripa looks good for an older lady and she stays in shape year round. Any girl can diet down for 2 months a year, Kelly stays lean all the time. Why U hatin ???

E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »
Kelly Ripa looks good for an older lady and she stays in shape year round. Any girl can diet down for 2 months a year, Kelly stays lean all the time. Why U hatin ???

Kelly Ripa is beautiful and looks fantastic, but she doesn't look more muscular than Jenny.  Jenny has 30 pounds on her, and they are 30 good pounds. 

Brutal photoshopping on the first and third pic too...  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2008, 08:56:45 PM »

Kelly Ripa is beautiful and looks fantastic, but she doesn't look more muscular than Jenny.  Jenny has 30 pounds on her, and they are 30 good pounds. 

Well, I would have to see them next to each other. I am not knocking The Beast btw, she just doesn't look overly muscular to me, which isn't a bad thing considering she's a girl and all :P How come Kelly Ripa is lean year round and all the BBing girls look all bloated most of the year? It seems like BBers would want to put their best foot forward all year to me, especially considering how vain girls are about putting on weight etc.
E

John Stutz

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 02:31:07 AM »

If by "brutal" you mean "highly skillful" I concur!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 04:39:42 AM »
Well, I would have to see them next to each other. I am not knocking The Beast btw, she just doesn't look overly muscular to me, which isn't a bad thing considering she's a girl and all :P How come Kelly Ripa is lean year round and all the BBing girls look all bloated most of the year? It seems like BBers would want to put their best foot forward all year to me, especially considering how vain girls are about putting on weight etc.

LOL yes, I meant highly skilled photoshopping  ;D

Kelly is lean year round because she weighs about 90 pounds.  She doesn't have much muscle at all.   You can't grow muscle without a little body fat.

Do you think that the Beast looks bloated most of the year?  You saw her 12 weeks out pics and said she looks nice and lean....a size 4, in fact.  So what's your point?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 06:33:10 AM »
Let's not forget when the Beast was on CNN!! :)

R

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 06:35:34 AM »

LOL yes, I meant highly skilled photoshopping  ;D

Kelly is lean year round because she weighs about 90 pounds.  She doesn't have much muscle at all.   You can't grow muscle without a little body fat.

Do you think that the Beast looks bloated most of the year?  You saw her 12 weeks out pics and said she looks nice and lean....a size 4, in fact.  So what's your point?

Kelly looks to me like she is close to 100 pounds. No Beast doesn't look bloated(I don't know what 12 weeks out means but I am assuming she doesn't get any heavier than that?), but she doesn't look nearly as lean as Kelly and from listening to you and Beast talk it seems like both of you are happier when you are leaner so why not have more willpower like Kelly and be ripped year round? I understand about gaining a little fat to put on muscle, and looking in contest shape year round would be gross and unhealthy, but  being lean like Kelly is obviously doable so I don;t understand why everyone doesn't do it :) Btw, now I am not talking about Beast or even just females for that matter, it has always bugged me how even male bbers get all sloppy for most of the year. I never saw the point of only looking good 2 months out of the year personally.

Kelly Ripa on David Letterman
Just in case you missed David Letterman on Thursday, April 29, I thought I tell you about Kelly Ripa's (ex-Hayley) appearance. Dave was mesmerized by her slim looks and set out to guess her weight! Later in the program, a scale appeared and Kelly allowed the world to see that she weighed 108 lbs. Not to let her be the only one, Dave stepped on the scale to weigh 190 lbs. and Paul Shaffer weighed in at 175 lbs. Dave also brought up that he had always thought that soap stars had large heads...Kelly admitted that she was always told by the wardrobe department that she did have a large head. As you watch AMC today, take a look at your favorite star--do they have a big head?
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 06:36:22 AM »
Let's not forget when the Beast was on CNN!! :)

Kelly is on ABC right now! :P
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 07:14:52 AM »
LOL I had no idea the Beast was on CNN...that's awesome!   :D

I guess it all depends on perspective...Yes, I think Jenny and I both feel better when we are leaner, and we do a good deal of bitching about being fatties...at least I know I do.   ;D

But that's just because we've seen ourselves soooo lean that anything else starts to look and feel fat.  Personally, I'd guess that I look "good" (meaning I am personally happy with the way I look) at least six months out of the year, even if I bitch about it 10 months.  And for us FBBs, even when we are feeling fat and gross, we still tend to hold fat better than the average person because we still look trained and have some semblance of a decent shape.

And it IS all about perspective.  I've posted some pics here of what I look like at the peak of my off-season when I am feeling my absolulte fattest, and alot of people prefer that look A LOT more than the super lean look.

Kelly Ripa pretty much always looks the same...she's not trying to change her physique all the time and see what she's capable of in terms of challenging herself physically.  Part of being a BB is constantly changing your physique and trying to improve it over time.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2008, 07:25:46 AM »
LOL I had no idea the Beast was on CNN...that's awesome!   :D

I guess it all depends on perspective...Yes, I think Jenny and I both feel better when we are leaner, and we do a good deal of bitching about being fatties...at least I know I do.   ;D

But that's just because we've seen ourselves soooo lean that anything else starts to look and feel fat.  Personally, I'd guess that I look "good" (meaning I am personally happy with the way I look) at least six months out of the year, even if I bitch about it 10 months.  And for us FBBs, even when we are feeling fat and gross, we still tend to hold fat better than the average person because we still look trained and have some semblance of a decent shape.

And it IS all about perspective.  I've posted some pics here of what I look like at the peak of my off-season when I am feeling my absolulte fattest, and alot of people prefer that look A LOT more than the super lean look.

Kelly Ripa pretty much always looks the same...she's not trying to change her physique all the time and see what she's capable of in terms of challenging herself physically.  Part of being a BB is constantly changing your physique and trying to improve it over time.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Most women I know want to look their best all year, I see them in the gyms every morning worrying about those last few vanity pounds etc. Yet the girls who are really into the way they look, the bbers, they are content with only looking good 6 months out of the year. That means that half the year they don't like the way they look! I have a friend, Meathead, who does that type of thing, puts on like 20 pounds in the winter or whatever. One time he was going to a concert and he told me he wasn't excited about it cuz he wasn't in "concert shape"! Even he, a man doesn't like doing certain things while he is not lean. Doesn't it kill you ladies carrying around extra fat? I just don't get it. Btw, stop hating on Kelly Ripa :P
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »
It just doesn't make any sense to me. Most women I know want to look their best all year, I see them in the gyms every morning worrying about those last few vanity pounds etc. Yet the girls who are really into the way they look, the bbers, they are content with only looking good 6 months out of the year. That means that half the year they don't like the way they look! I have a friend, Meathead, who does that type of thing, puts on like 20 pounds in the winter or whatever. One time he was going to a concert and he told me he wasn't excited about it cuz he wasn't in "concert shape"! Even he, a man doesn't like doing certain things while he is not lean. Doesn't it kill you ladies carrying around extra fat? I just don't get it. Btw, stop hating on Kelly Ripa :P

LOL @ concert shape.   ;D

Don't forget that a little extra fat and water makes a person much stronger too.  I wouldn't be benching big if I was keeping myself in a caloric deficit. 
I have a feeling I could outbench Kelly Ripa by a few pounds. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »

LOL @ concert shape.   ;D

Don't forget that a little extra fat and water makes a person much stronger too.  I wouldn't be benching big if I was keeping myself in a caloric deficit. 
I have a feeling I could outbench Kelly Ripa by a few pounds. 

Well, you have an excuse to get all rolly-polly, cuz you are doing that bench contest and being strong is more important to you then looking lean. But I am referring to the women who actually do care about looking lean and fit, yet they look like shit half the year just to put on some extra muscle. It just doesn't make sense to me to gain so much weight for half the year, especially considering how vain most women are(not you though cuz you want to bench big :P)
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 08:07:06 AM »
Well, you have an excuse to get all rolly-polly, cuz you are doing that bench contest and being strong is more important to you then looking lean. But I am referring to the women who actually do care about looking lean and fit, yet they look like shit half the year just to put on some extra muscle. It just doesn't make sense to me to gain so much weight for half the year, especially considering how vain most women are(not you though cuz you want to bench big :P)

OH I'm vain alright...otherwise, I wouldn't bitch about being a fattie half the year.   :P

It's all about tradeoffs.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:20 AM »
We always assume that bodybuilders look like the pix they take around contest time which is lean and mean and quite frankly, their best. Once that offseason rolls around you'ere looking at a different person, bloated faces, etc.  It's so startling to see someone like a britt Miller who looks great in most of the photos you see, looking like a linebacker most of the year. I know it's hard work getting that size (gear included) but I'll take Kelly Ripa year round. I am a fan of BB but I just can't understand why a female would do the things they do to their body for very little.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2008, 08:50:59 AM »

OH I'm vain alright...otherwise, I wouldn't bitch about being a fattie half the year.   :P

It's all about tradeoffs.

I know you are, I was joking. My point is that Kelly is super old yet looks lean all year. Don't you think that people like her make women bbers look bad by comparison when she walks around looking better than them for most of the year? This really confuses me.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »
I know you are, I was joking. My point is that Kelly is super old yet looks lean all year. Don't you think that people like her make women bbers look bad by comparison when she walks around looking better than them for most of the year? This really confuses me.

NO because it's all relative, and I personally think she looks a bit skinny and borderline anorexic, although she's gotten A LOT better ever since she got so much bad press for being nothing but a bag of bones.  The pics you posted were clearly after she made an effort to put some weight on when everyone was giving her hell for being an anorexic. 
Not many people find that super lean look very attractive, and I would bet that alot of guys would prefer a curvy, off-season bodybuilder who is cute in the face to a super skinny chick with ribs showing and 7 inch arms.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2008, 09:11:05 AM »

NO because it's all relative, and I personally think she looks a bit skinny and borderline anorexic, although she's gotten A LOT better ever since she got so much bad press for being nothing but a bag of bones.  The pics you posted were clearly after she made an effort to put some weight on when everyone was giving her hell for being an anorexic. 
Not many people find that super lean look very attractive, and I would bet that alot of guys would prefer a curvy, off-season bodybuilder who is cute in the face to a super skinny chick with ribs showing and 7 inch arms.

I agree that many people don't prefer that look, my point is that she stays lean year round, and I was wondering why female BBers don't have her willpower.  I think that if Kelly can do it at her age then there is no reason for female BBers to get fat in the offseason. Like I said before, I don't see the point of looking good for half the year, why not stay relatively lean all year and then really cut up for contests?
E

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2008, 11:44:11 AM »
Well a big part of the reason we don't stay lean all year round is we have different goals then Kelly Ripa.  She is getting a fat paycheck for staying very lean and in the spotlight...we are trying to put on muscle and prepare our bodies and minds for the dieting season.  In my off-season I don't get completely ridiculous like putting on 50 pounds and even though I joke about being a fatty I am still well under 20% bodyfat even at my worse.  Normally I put on about 20 which allows me to eat pretty freely, train very hard and enjoy my life.  I actually like my off-season look, I love my butt when it is full and thick...I personally wouldn't want to look like Kelly Ripa in the on season or off season, I like all of my looks better then being very skinny.

Not that I don't enjoy my life when I am dieting but it is strict and regimented...the reason I diet so hard is for the ultimate goal of looking good on stage and competing...

These are all off-season shots...

One more thing....
Part of the reason you may think we look so bloated in the off-season is because most all of our pics are taken when we are at our leanest and dehydrated...the people with the prettiest on stage faces have the biggest/fullest/fatest faces off season regardless of being a bber.  People just get use to seeing them thinned out so it looks worse then it actually it.  We also just look bigger because of the underlying muscle even though we are leaner then an average person. 
Jennifer

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
What a cute couple!
R