Poll

4 (28.6%)
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread  (Read 85154 times)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
Re: The Beast's 2008 Contest Thread
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »
Jen you look great.  the diet and cardio do seem a bit excessive at this point, but like you said....Dave knows what he is doing.  you look fantastic at 8 weeks, just like Rip said.  dont worry young lady.  I know it is a big shock with all of that coming at once......But I know you can work it out.  You have my 100% faith, if that means anything.

You are gonna rock, as you already do.  Your back looks amazing, shoulders look great, bi's and tri's look bigger then i have ever seen them on you.  And you're quads.....wow....i cant wait so see those when you get on stage.  YOU ARE FREAKING AMAZING.

ok...that being said.  you know if you need anything.....just hit me up....encouragment, someone to yell at...whatever....you know how to get ahold of me....

additionally.  you are an intelligent young woman, and you know you're training.  it would not be whining if you emailed him back your thoughts.  if you feel something is not right, or all three changes at once is too much.  ask him.  you know your body......ask yourself this.....how many show's have you done?  how many shows has he done your prep?  you know your body better then anyone.  it would not be whining....it would be double checking.......

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Beast, girl, you are looking Awesome!!!  Great improvements in the past few weeks!! I love the side chest pose in the first group of pictures, and the front lat spread shot....great quads!! And you look so pretty in your Arnold pics! 

There is a guy at one of the gyms I work at that is working with Palumbo.  I think he is 5 weeks out and is ripped...but still pretty big and full.  I think you will be just fine, but I also don't think it's a bad thing to ask questions.  At least he might be able to give you an explanation that will ease your mind.  With the whole process being such a mental game, you don't want to be doubting anything.

But again, I think you look GREAT!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2008, 08:02:41 PM »
good luck w/your prep beast. Listen to dave he's a genius when it comes to this shit. i guarantee you'll look your best ever.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »
The next 6 weeks will tell Beast.  Im guessing Dave has you still taking in a normal amount of sodium and he usually does till the last few days.

You have a while yet to go as you get tighter you will start to look bigger.  The cocktails/alcohol are done right?

Keep pounding the protien.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2008, 04:02:31 AM »
The next 6 weeks will tell Beast.  Im guessing Dave has you still taking in a normal amount of sodium and he usually does till the last few days.

You have a while yet to go as you get tighter you will start to look bigger.  The cocktails/alcohol are done right?

Keep pounding the protien.

Beast can blame the last round of cocktails on me if she wants...it couldn't have done anything but good at this point.   ;D

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2008, 04:39:18 AM »
Jen you look great.  the diet and cardio do seem a bit excessive at this point, but like you said....Dave knows what he is doing.  you look fantastic at 8 weeks, just like Rip said.  dont worry young lady.  I know it is a big shock with all of that coming at once......But I know you can work it out.  You have my 100% faith, if that means anything.

You are gonna rock, as you already do.  Your back looks amazing, shoulders look great, bi's and tri's look bigger then i have ever seen them on you.  And you're quads.....wow....i cant wait so see those when you get on stage.  YOU ARE FREAKING AMAZING.

ok...that being said.  you know if you need anything.....just hit me up....encouragment, someone to yell at...whatever....you know how to get ahold of me....

additionally.  you are an intelligent young woman, and you know you're training.  it would not be whining if you emailed him back your thoughts.  if you feel something is not right, or all three changes at once is too much.  ask him.  you know your body......ask yourself this.....how many show's have you done?  how many shows has he done your prep?  you know your body better then anyone.  it would not be whining....it would be double checking.......

That is the sweetest most supportive post I have ever read. 

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »
Thank you sooooo much everyone.  Seriously this helps me keep going, I have never been one to give up so that isn't really a question but your support makes the days go by a little faster and easier.  Obviously this isn't an easy thing to do and although I would love to alter what he gives me because I feel like it may be a bit much for my body I am not planning on changing a thing.  If I do who will really know how my body is responding. 

If anything all the changes Dave made shows that he actually looked at my pics and altered what he was doing based on my progress.  I did email him and basically just tried to get more info on the changes and as expected he told me that this is what he believes I need to do to bring in my A game.  That being said if I walk on stage in 8 weeks and I feel I have sacrificed too much muscle or over trained I can adjust it for next year.  When I help girls prep I tell them to follow what I say exactly because if they start "adjusting" who the hell knows that works and what doesn't.

Yes other then my little mishap I have been done with the drinky for weeks now...and my sodium intake hasn't been altered.  That is one thing I have never understood, altering sodium levels before the end of the diet so thankfully I think Dave and I are on the same page there...

I am lucky to have you all and to have my boyfriend.  Thank you for being there for me...I am sure I will need you in the next couple months!! 

Jennifer

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »
Jen, you look great in your latest pics!  Striations are visible in your shoulders int the side tri shots.

Buy some new music.

You can get through this and you will.

"You can and you will."

R

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
Things are going pretty well, workouts aren't suffering as much as I had feared...yet :)  Been hitting my cardio and have been consistent on the diet and have dropped another 1-1.5 pounds this week.  Actually I am a bit surprised it wasn't more although it is hard to tell day by day...you should be able to tell by the pics.  Going to take pics after my workout tonight and will hopefully get them posted tonight, I have my fingers crossed as to what Dave will say...don't think it will help but it can't hurt!

Sunday is my next scheduled high fat day so I am really looking forward to that and my bf and I are going to the Improv tonight so my mind should be a little preoccupied. 

Have a good day kids!
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »
Hey all, here are the pics from Friday.  I was holding a bit of water and knew this...only droped about a pound and was at 128.5...this morning I woke up and my body had reregulated and I was down 2 more pounds so at 126.5.  I think I will be about 126 by the end of the week...
Jennifer

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:39 AM »
wow u look so good, You are beautiful. You have a smoking hot body. WOW :o

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »
Thanks Jedi :)  Not sure if you are joking because these pics look like crap!  But I suppose I will take all the compliments I can get even if I have no makeup on, hehehe
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »
Yes and still a fat ass  :(  I do think that my pics this week may turn out a bit better plus all my tanner has worn off so I am again super white (although I am trying to tan a lil bit to get a base)
Jennifer

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Thanks Jedi :)  Not sure if you are joking because these pics look like crap!  But I suppose I will take all the compliments I can get even if I have no makeup on, hehehe

No I wasn't joking. You look very beautiful and your body is really hott. You are a really sexy chick.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2008, 11:35:05 AM »
No I wasn't joking. You look very beautiful and your body is really hott. You are a really sexy chick.

Are you providing relief for bernies absence?  ???

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
Bernie's not absent, and Jedi's a sweetheart.  :)

Looking good Jenn...lots of separation in your legs and back!!!!

Can I borrow your bicep veins?  I won't be giving them back though.   :P
:)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »
jen, you look great.

your arms look bigger then i have ever seen them, you back is freaking unreal, and your lats from the front...oh my.

i know you are going blow the minds of all those in attendance at the show.

you are freaking awesome.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:08 AM »
Thanks everyone :)  Today I have legs and then really I only have 6 leg workouts left so the countdown has started...I can definitely get through this.  Got up this morning and did 60 minutes on the stairmill...got another 35 after legs.

After I sent my pics this weekend Dave and I were going back and forth about my weight and most likely the fact that my hammies are still being stubborn.  He was pushing his supplements and probably a bit frustrated about me not taking them and we didn't really focus on my training, he didn't change my cardio or diet for this week so I am still at 95 minutes.  It was a bit frustrating being told that I need to take a certain fat burner to get results, I just disagree with this and think that I am going to come in better then I have ever been come 6 weeks from now.  I still have quite a bit of time and not all that much to lose.  Maybe he is comparing me to girls who are bigger and leaner then me, running other stuff but so far I am happy with the results even though the past week on the new diet has been mentally difficult.  Just have to keep my head up and keep on going.

This past week I didn't go down on the scale as much as I probably should have because I was retaining a bit so hopefully on Friday my body will show more results because I am telling you all, this diet can suck it.  Hope to be about 127 or under by Friday...Dave mentioned wanting me to lose 2 pounds a week, this does seem like a bit much to me as it would put me at 115 for my show-before even dropping water...I suppose only time will tell and I am not to focused on my weight just that I am seeing results.

Love you guys, thanks again for the support!!!

Jennifer

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
Jenny,

Dont get hooked on how much you weigh. Im going to have to totally agree with palumbo. You need to come in as lean as possible, you'll look so much bigger onstage the leaner you are, it wont even be funny. He just wants u to be super shredded, cos if u have the best conditioning on stage that day, the judges will have no choice but to reward you.

Also, his fat burner probably is the best on the market. Ask blockhead if u dont believe me. It increases your daily calorie expenditure by about 10-15% which is a huge amount when the weight loss has halted. And since u stated that your weight loss has slowed down, it would be a perfect time to add in a fat burner.

Good luck Jenny, just listen to Dave, he knows his shit, you'll be in the best shape ever, dotn worry

Flexington :)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:31 PM »

If you don't want to use 'Lipolyeze' or his 'Somalyeze' because of the usnic acid in it then I suggest you go to FitRx over there on Irving by Teddy's shop and pick up 2-3 bottles of BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL's 'Lean Out'. Very similiar to Daves' non-stimulant fat-burner just without usnic acid. I would run 3-4 capsules with all of your solid meals.

At bed-time I would also take it and add 2mg of melatonion with it. Around the clock 24-7, we never close fat mobilization.

Hell...I'd run 3-4 capsules before cardio.

Just STOP being such a damn fundementalist and second guessing everything. You are your own worst enemy sometimes. Dave isn't pushing you to make $$$...he'll probably give them to you for cost. He just knows that you need all the help you can get outside of an audience CONSTANTLy telling you..."youre awesome...you look great, way to go...youre hot...you rock". You feel me?

I am telling you this because it is ME and it is my duty because it is YOU.

Now...never ever ever ever justify, skip, shorten or disagree with how much cardio he prescribes and like Nike...'Just Do It'. Run 'Lean Out' hard and run it consistently. Go NOW over to FitRx and pick em up. 2-Dialed In before morning cardio. No other caffeine products outside of that. Not even coffee or tea unless it's Green Tea. No more DIET Cokes. No more RESPECT. 9-11 carbs. 2 shakes a day and you got almost 20g of carbs just RELEASING insulin all over the place making shedding bodyfat even harder. No DOMINATE unless it's ZERO (not 2g, 3g 6g...) carbs. Use his Isolyeze or IsoPure. ZERO CARBS! Z-E-R-O.

Think about how bad you want total seperation of your glutes and hams and then some. As Chuck Sanow always asks his clients..."How Bad Do You Want It? "
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »

Also, his fat burner probably is the best on the market. Ask blockhead if u don't believe me. It increases your daily calorie expenditure by about 10-15% which is a huge amount when the weight loss has halted. And since u stated that your weight loss has slowed down, it would be a perfect time to add in a fat burner.

Flexington :)

No offense, you know I like you but where did you get this information?  Usnic Acid is what Dave pushes when he talks about his fat burner...now usinc acid has been around for over 100 years-heres the thing, if something WORKS and works well then more then 2 products in the supplement industry would use it.  Other companies have played with it and fallen victim to lawsuits or realized it wasn't the active ingredient that was working in the product.  I have done quite a bit of research on the ingredient and I just don't think it is "the answer."

Also I stated my weight loss hasn't halted but that I had a medical procedure done earlier last week and knew my body was reacting to it and holding water.  I am listening to Dave, I just don't think a fat burner is the answer.
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »
Thanks Shane and I know you are in my corner.  In all seriousness all I have to do is add cAMP and I am already taking everything else in that fat burner.  And I can add melatonin...

Not a fundamentalist, I do like to know what I am taking and why...
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »
Thanks Shane and I know you are in my corner.  In all seriousness all I have to do is add cAMP and I am already taking everything else in that fat burner.  And I can add melatonin...

Not a fundamentalist, I do like to know what I am taking and why...
Thatta' Girl! Handle your buisness before buisness handles YOU, kiddo! Holla at your boy!

To everyone els...

As THE BEAST is approaching 3rd base why don't you all grow a sack and be a little bit critical of her. Tell her what she needs to work on. Remind her of her flaws. I am not saying to throw her under a bus and through the ringer but I am saying to HELP her by offering constructive criticism. She'll listen. She's a big girl.

Block!
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »

As THE BEAST is approaching 3rd base why don't you all grow a sack and be a little bit critical of her. Tell her what she needs to work on. Remind her of her flaws. I am not saying to throw her under a bus and through the ringer but I am saying to HELP her by offering constructive criticism. She'll listen. She's a big girl.

Block!

Especially if you want to critique my posing...I can use all the help I can get because I am doing this part on my own and I will probably have my boyfriend or Shane help me out a bit as it gets closer....
Jennifer

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
Thatta' Girl! Handle your buisness before buisness handles YOU, kiddo! Holla at your boy!

To everyone els...

Block!

Kinda scared to, Beast sounds a bit on edge.  :-\  Jump right in with the critiques bro.