Author Topic: Increased gun control in the future? 2nd amendment repeal?  (Read 7703 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Increased gun control in the future? 2nd amendment repeal?
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 07:03:36 AM »
So based on your idiotic theory, i shouldn't be proud of my country right. I should be a citizen of the world. I guess all the people trying to get to this country from all over the world are mistaken.

You have misunderstood me. I didn't say be a citizen of the world; I said be an individual. Express pride only in those things you have personally accomplished, not your place of birth or any other arbitrary silliness. Be a citizen of yourself.

One's nationality is an artificial construct, just as nations themselves are artificial constructs; be a man of yourself, expressing pride only in your own deeds, not those to which you hold no claim.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 07:04:22 AM »
lol i dont know about NYC being the greatest city in the country, but i guess thats a matter of perspective, I too have traveled quite a bit throughout the country and the world, not as much around the world but ive been to a few countries outside of north america and I agree that everybody should see other cultures and countries. It helps bring perspective to your own culture and helps you realize that different cultures arent screwed up or backwards just different than our own, I think the problem with alot of people is that they judge other people by their own standards not the standards of the person their judging. Where do you live now trap?

South Korea.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »
I've served in uniform since I was 17....my family has fought in every war since WW1. I've had relatives in the Russian, German, British and ANZAC armies. My relatives served on both sides in WW2....My cousin walked out of the Chosin. My dad did 2 tours in Nam as well as my uncle. I had a cousin with the Marines in Desert storm. And I've been in since....I've done my part for my country....my personel accomplishments as well as most of my families' have been tied to the well being of this country. Self -interest is great I guess but somebody has to provide safety and security...somebody has to fight fires...police cities...give of themselves in order to provide for the public good. Pride in ones country is a great thing.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:26 AM »
I've served in uniform since I was 17....my family has fought in every war since WW1. I've had relatives in the Russian, German, British and ANZAC armies. My relatives served on both sides in WW2....My cousin walked out of the Chosin. My dad did 2 tours in Nam as well as my uncle. I had a cousin with the Marines in Desert storm. And I've been in since....I've done my part for my country....my personel accomplishments as well as most of my families' have been tied to the well being of this country. Self -interest is great I guess but somebody has to provide safety and security...somebody has to fight fires...police cities...give of themselves in order to provide for the public good. Pride in ones country is a great thing.

Pride in one's country leads to nationalism, feelings of superiority and ultimately as we saw in Nazi Germany living horror.

I never said you cannot have pride in being in the military; maybe you have gunned down the most enemies in your unit or blew something important up. One can express pride in these things.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
I've done neither....but pride in ones country does not lead to Nazi'sm unless ur in Germany in 1931. We've had pride like that in this country since it was founded. I'd say we're doing fine. U love New York...let some Parisian disparge NYC and I bet ur accent and NY pride would come out in a minute. I travel all over the place....I never try to be the ugly American....
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
Silly statement.

NYC has the largest population.
It is the financial centre of the country.
It is the cultural centre of the country.
It is the artistic centre of the country.
It is the cullinary centre of the country.
It is the place most tourists visit when they come to the USA.

There isn't another city in the country that can compare with it.

You have a bunch of beaches in Honolulu, so what?

::)  People save their entire lives just to spend a week or two in Honolulu.  It is probably the most diverse city in the country.  It is the most beautiful spot in the country and one of the most beautiful spots in the world.  The air is clean.  The people are awesome.  The violent crime rate is extremely low.  There isn't another city in the country that compares. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
And its ur city...my city has the Red Sox and Fenway park. ;D
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
Silly statement.

NYC has the largest population.
It is the financial centre of the country.
It is the cultural centre of the country.
It is the artistic centre of the country.
It is the cullinary centre of the country.
It is the place most tourists visit when they come to the USA.

There isn't another city in the country that can compare with it.

You have a bunch of beaches in Honolulu, so what?
you should refer to my post above b/c you again are making the same mistake many do, NYC may be the greatest city in the country to YOU but others dont judge their greatest city on those criteria. Ever heard of a little town called New Braunfels, small po dunk little town here in Texas thats my greatest city

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »
And its ur city...my city has the Red Sox and Fenway park. ;D

Yeah but I don't follow baseball, outside of UH baseball.   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »
::)  People save their entire lives just to spend a week or two in Honolulu.  It is probably the most diverse city in the country.  It is the most beautiful spot in the country and one of the most beautiful spots in the world.  The air is clean.  The people are awesome.  The violent crime rate is extremely low.  There isn't another city in the country that compares. 

I think you are overlooking a little place called Cudahy, Wisconsin population 16,000.  The city that was in the Guiness Book for the most bars/taverns per capita in the world....or as we called, "dead man's walk."

My hometown.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:24 AM »
I think you are overlooking a little place called Cudahy, Wisconsin population 16,000.  The city that was in the Guiness Book for the most bars/taverns per capita in the world....or as we called, "dead man's walk."

My hometown.

[chuckle]   :)  I don't drink so they don't count.  :)  Do you guys have a beach? 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2008, 10:13:45 AM »
Pride in one's country leads to nationalism, feelings of superiority and ultimately as we saw in Nazi Germany living horror.

I never said you cannot have pride in being in the military; maybe you have gunned down the most enemies in your unit or blew something important up. One can express pride in these things.

I agree.

Americans should be proud to have the Constitution, and at one time a government that followed it.

We should be proud of our individual liberty that is supposed to be protected by government.

Rallying behind the Federal Government, and yelling GO USA! is just mindless bullshit for those that need an icon to follow.

That kind of behavior does far more damage to our freedom than anything else, because people don't question what is in front of them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »

My hometown.
lol awesome thats my next road trip

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:17 AM »
I agree.

Americans should be proud to have the Constitution, and at one time a government that followed it.

We should be proud of our individual liberty that is supposed to be protected by government.

Rallying behind the Federal Government, and yelling GO USA! is just mindless bullshit for those that need an icon to follow.

That kind of behavior does far more damage to our freedom than anything else, because people don't question what is in front of them.

nobody is saying to blindly follow the government, all were saying is that pride in ones country, community and extended family is a good thing without pride in ones country there are no public outcries when things go wrong as in government as well. Our pride in our country is what leads us to want to make it a better place without pride nobody would give a shit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »
nobody is saying to blindly follow the government, all were saying is that pride in ones country, community and extended family is a good thing without pride in ones country there are no public outcries when things go wrong as in government as well. Our pride in our country is what leads us to want to make it a better place without pride nobody would give a shit

Agree.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »
Agree....funny how we all love our home towns. America collectively is our homw town...and we shouold do what we can to make it better. Its way to big to agree with everything that happens...but by and large America works....generally speaking if we diagreed like this on all the points we do....in some of the 3rd world shitholes we see on the news, we'd be all trying to kill each other.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »

Pathetic...

The USA wouldn't be the USA without NYC. You think Honolulu is more diverse than NYC? Are you smoking crack?!

Do you smoke too much weed or something? Been living in Jebus land too long?

Pathetic...if you can't see the difference..... ::)
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »
I see alot of concrete on one hand and warm ocean on the other.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2008, 05:01:31 PM »
I see a difference.  THe first two pics are of a place that seems like a great place to live.  The second two pics  are of a place that looks like a concrete hell.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2008, 05:10:38 PM »
I see a difference.  THe first two pics are of a place that seems like a great place to live.  The second two pics  are of a place that looks like a concrete hell.

Right?

Then all of you non-NYCers should shut the fuck up about 9/11; we were the ones who actually knew people and experienced it. My mother was almost killed.

Once again; financial centre of the world and country, cultural centre, artistic centre...and the list goes on...Honolulu=beaches on a big dormant volcano...

I guess if you have no interest in culture, cuisine, world shaking financial events and are only interesting in sitting on the beach all day...well Honolulu is for you ::)
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
Its NYC I get it....see ur defending ur home...sort a what this argument was all about in the first place. I like NYC. Its big and not managable but if u want it..u can find it there. Something to be said for a good Italian bakery or slice of pizza...bet u can't get that in Seoul. I prefer Boston..easier to get around...and my baseball team wins..can't be said for my football team.  ;D
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
Right?

Then all of you non-NYCers should shut the fuck up about 9/11; we were the ones who actually knew people and experienced it. My mother was almost killed.

Once again; financial centre of the world and country, cultural centre, artistic centre...and the list goes on...Honolulu=beaches on a big dormant volcano...

I guess if you have no interest in culture, cuisine, world shaking financial events and are only interesting in sitting on the beach all day...well Honolulu is for you ::)
lol irony is great  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
lol irony is great  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

What irony? There was none.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
What irony? There was none.

just seems like a lot of pride in your comments

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »

just seems like a lot of pride in your comments

No pride. Just matter of fact statements. NYC is the financial centre of the country; that is a fact for example.
I hate the State.