Author Topic: MY TRIP TO the ARNOLD CLASSIC  (Read 7604 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: MY TRIP TO the ARNOLD CLASSIC
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 01:47:55 AM »

Hey MATT.. it was nice meeting u and u LOOKED BIG MAN.... for sure not less that 190-200 :o  

ah i felt to small being around you and all the pro's, yeh i was around 215lbs at the arnolds, lighter now that iv started my diet.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 01:48:46 AM »
your trip...as a spectator

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 06:26:37 AM »
Dexter, Phil & Kai all had the similar Physique type … so does Sami … so let’s say sami comes in like last year … anything less than 4th would be unsatisfactory …

I mean why not … of course getbiggers don’t agree with this statement … but think of it …

3rd pic is 5 weeks out at a guest posing in Kuwait

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 06:33:32 AM »
Dexter, Phil & Kai all had the similar Physique type … so does Sami … so let’s say sami comes in like last year … anything less than 4th would be unsatisfactory …

I mean why not … of course getbiggers don’t agree with this statement … but think of it …

3rd pic is 5 weeks out at a guest posing in Kuwait
Very difficult to say so. BBing is very relative. Every good pros look like champs when they stand alone.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:59:50 AM »
Freeman looks like he is ready to kill!! :(
Spirit of Truth

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 07:32:44 AM »
With all due respect Sami,

Standing next to all those pros, you got dwarfed..  That being said, I'd definitely like to see you try your local through the NPC and hopefully earn a pro card.  I see your Arnold visit as a reality check.  Those guys in whatever the name of that other organization in which you were competing were nothing close to a pro.  Shit, Lee was the only pro that would show up in what appeared to be 4 weeks out condition to each show and just take it hands down and with respect to Lee, he doesn't necessarily crack the top 5 at the Arnold or even Olympia too often..

"1"

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 08:02:52 AM »
with respect to Lee, he doesn't necessarily crack the top 5 at the Arnold or even Olympia too often..

"1"

Arnold Classic 6th

Arnold Classic 4th

Olympia 6th
Arnold Classic 4th

Olympia 6th

Olympia 7th

Olympia 8th

Arnold Classic 7th
Olympia 6th

Some People think that pros are gods … and when along comes a young guy with 6 years of training under his belt and kicks every ones ass … people say that they are being pushed and veterans attack them for not having enough muscle maturity … exactly what happened with Wolf and Heath … you guys still didn’t see Sami next to other pros at his best condition nor did you see Sami in person if you do you will know what I am talking about … and once he stands next to other pros in contest shape you will see what I am talking about

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 08:06:08 AM »

… you guys still didn’t see Sami next to other pros at his best condition nor did you see Sami in person if you do you will know what I am talking about … and once he stands next to other pros in contest shape you will see what I am talking about

Reread what you just wrote, I've helped you find the oddity, or contradiction for you.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »

Arnold Classic 6th

Arnold Classic 4th

Olympia 6th
Arnold Classic 4th

Olympia 6th

Olympia 7th

Olympia 8th

Arnold Classic 7th
Olympia 6th

Some People think that pros are gods … and when along comes a young guy with 6 years of training under his belt and kicks every ones ass … people say that they are being pushed and veterans attack them for not having enough muscle maturity … exactly what happened with Wolf and Heath … you guys still didn’t see Sami next to other pros at his best condition nor did you see Sami in person if you do you will know what I am talking about … and once he stands next to other pros in contest shape you will see what I am talking about

Dude,

You only proved my point!  In eleven years Lee has only cracked the Arnold top 5 twice and from 97-2007 has never cracked a top 5 Olympia spot.  Again, Lee can wipe the floor with Sami, he is by all means a true IFBB pro, but for you and Sami to at times say that Sami would be able to hang with these pros is just ridiculous.  Even top pros at their worst dwarf Sami.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
you guys still didn’t see Sami next to other pros at his best condition nor did you see Sami in person if you do you will know what I am talking about … and once he stands next to other pros in contest shape you will see what I am talking about

Here is the crazy part.... For as much as WE have never seen Sami next to any true pros on stage, neither have YOU!!  So to see what you are talking about is a little farfetched since you obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »
I saw Sami and Other Pro … in reality … and they aint so far apart … but you didn’t … you just saw pix … so it is harder for you to imagine … anyway we really care of what you think and what ever you say will definetly affect Sami’s placing … NOT

So keep up the good work … and make us proud

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
aliamini

Sami looks great.

What are his stats, age, weight etc..

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
aliamini

Sami looks great.

What are his stats, age, weight etc..

5'7"
last contest weight: 217lbs

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 10:10:59 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Sami.  8)

I was just about to comment on the good job for restraining the temptation of performing the "Thumps Up" pose till I scrolled down.  :P

newmom

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
Great pics Sami

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
5'7"
last contest weight: 217lbs

aliamini what is your strategy on dieting? Are you an advocate of high protien high fat? high protien high carb?

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
It depends on what type of body I am working with … and what phase they r in … pre-contest or off-season … some of my diets are up on bodybuilding.com … so you can get an idea of some of my approaches …

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
Got a link the bb.com page you are talking about? Can not find it.

Thanks appreciated. :D

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
a part of my diet was in Wong Hong's interview on bbing.com ... i dont have the link but it should be easy to find it ... it was last year when he prepared for the OZ GP i guess

FullROM

• Getbig III
  • GetBig
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: MY TRIP TO the ARNOLD CALSSIC
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 10:47:03 AM »
Lees arms are ridicolous :o

It may not be Lee Priest though :-\

Yeah you've always gotta wonder these days.   :-\

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »
I saw Sami and Other Pro … in reality … and they aint so far apart … but you didn’t … you just saw pix … so it is harder for you to imagine … anyway we really care of what you think and what ever you say will definetly affect Sami’s placing … NOT

So keep up the good work … and make us proud

Good point, but the mere fact that Sami was getting his feet wet with the PDI instead of going straight to the NPC and working his ass off like any other IFBB pro speaks volumes of the potential shit he will get come judging time.  Yes, he isn't like Lee Priest who left to the PDI against the IFBB's wishes, but he did parade, if even shortly, as a "fake" pro in the PDI and profited by taking part in their events.  Moreover, he helped them grow if even minimally by taking part in their events.

Chance of IFBB judges penalizing Sami before even stepping on a stage > Alibaba's opinion of what he thinks...

"1"

P.S. Remind me 5 years from now of how many IFBB contests Sami will have under his belt..

P.P.S. As much as you might think that our opinions don't count, I beg to differ and have seen many a times when a Pro has been given tremendous exposure online to only go and win a pro contest hands down.  Call it a lot of noise if you will, but many judges read these boards..

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
Do you even know the story of Sami … and what background he comes from … he couldn’t do the NPC cause he was initially with IFBB amateurs and then Complications accrued

NPC u say …

These have been a lot of great who didn’t win much shows or didn’t win any … but were placed very well at the Olympia … bodybuilding boards do effect judging but no to the extent that you may believe … what you or any other regular getbig members say will never influence the judges … having said that … comments by the athlete himself or a promoter will definitely do so ... 

You really believe your “I have a dream” speech will affect other bodybuilders career … that’s Dramatic

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 12:09:09 PM »
Good point, but the mere fact that Sami was getting his feet wet with the PDI instead of going straight to the NPC and working his ass off like any other IFBB pro speaks volumes of the potential shit he will get come judging time.  Yes, he isn't like Lee Priest who left to the PDI against the IFBB's wishes, but he did parade, if even shortly, as a "fake" pro in the PDI and profited by taking part in their events.  Moreover, he helped them grow if even minimally by taking part in their events.

Chance of IFBB judges penalizing Sami before even stepping on a stage > Alibaba's opinion of what he thinks...

"1"

P.S. Remind me 5 years from now of how many IFBB contests Sami will have under his belt..

P.P.S. As much as you might think that our opinions don't count, I beg to differ and have seen many a times when a Pro has been given tremendous exposure online to only go and win a pro contest hands down.  Call it a lot of noise if you will, but many judges read these boards..
Sami will never win an IFBB pro show, he has a good physique but he's too damn small.

Paul Allen

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 01:28:17 PM »
Sami will never win an IFBB pro show, he has a good physique but he's too damn small.

exactly, and this sperm bank aliamini's saying "sami can't go to the npc because there are too many competitors there and his chances are too small".

that's like me saying "i just want to start showing up at Bears practice, i don't want to go through that crap like little league football, high school football, college football, cfl, european league, etc, i don't have time for that, in my own head i'm as good as brian urlacher because i stood next to him once at an autograph session".   ::)