Author Topic: registered airmail vs unregistered  (Read 42662 times)

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
registered airmail vs unregistered
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
I got tipped off by a friend that recently unregistered airmail is alot more likely to be searched by the us govt.  Anyone know if this is true?  I prefer unregistered because a signature isnt required.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: registered airmail vs unregistered
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »
its 50/50 im in australia, lot of my mates get stuff threw on both and have stuffed seized using both

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »
I got tipped off by a friend that recently unregistered airmail is alot more likely to be searched by the us govt.  Anyone know if this is true?  I prefer unregistered because a signature isnt required.

It's pretty much a crap shoot. More then likely you won't get search but you take a chance each time you order.

4thAD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »
Express Mail Service:
Usual transit time is 4 to 7 business days to the USA and 3 to 5 days to Europe and the UK. A signature is required. This method is more susceptible to seizures than Registered Airmail.

Registered Airmail:
This is generally the best way and usual transit time is 7 to 21 business days to the USA and 5 to 18 days to Europe and the UK. A signature is required. This method is not trackable but you can get the Registered Air number as proof of shipping if there is a problem. It is generally safer regarding seizures than Express.

Unregistered Post - Airmail: (IMO this is the one!)
This is the most discreet method of shipping, not necessarily the best though. Delivery time is 10 to 21 days sometimes quicker and sometimes longer. The post is unpredictable.  A signature is NOT REQUIRED with Unregistered Mail. Never sign for gear unless you have a legal script coming from your HRT clinic!

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »
had to bump this to ask a question for you guys that do use registered airmail.  I am considering using registered airmail this time because I am going to buy an expensive order and incase it does get seized i would like to get a reshipment so i wont be out all that $. 

Why are you guys who use registered airmail not afraid of using your real name on the package?  Seems like to me if it does get siezed or LE monitors the package and shit hits the fan, it would be alot harder to deny it with your real name on the package and the fact that you signed for it.  Plus if you arent home when it comes wouldnt you have to go to the post office and pick it up?  The risk seems much higher to me.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
The feds aren't stupid, using a fake name or not, they know who you are and if they want you they'll get you.  What's the difference if your name is on it or not and you go to the post office to pick it up?  Use your real name, if you don't then they can nail you with mail fraud.