Author Topic: Boyer Coe is a douchebag  (Read 12205 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Boyer Coe is a douchebag
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
Boyer is great - pretty eloquent.

SHRREDDitUP

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 04:31:52 PM »

Coe

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »
I saw and photographed Boyer at the 80 Olympia. He never had much in the way of abs. However, when it came to presenting himself he was a master and used poses that showed him to advantage. I would say he would have won the posing round that year because they were flawless poses. He didn't fare that well in the standard poses but still placed ahead of MM.

Lou is well known but hasn't won the top titles. End of story. Boyer was telling it like it was.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »
WHO FUCKIN CARES!!!! GET A LIFE!!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
I saw and photographed Boyer at the 80 Olympia. He never had much in the way of abs. However, when it came to presenting himself he was a master and used poses that showed him to advantage. I would say he would have won the posing round that year because they were flawless poses. He didn't fare that well in the standard poses but still placed ahead of MM.

Lou is well known but hasn't won the top titles. End of story. Boyer was telling it like it was.

Yes...I believe Lou won two Universes, an IFBB America, and a couple of Lurie's shows (Which generally were not as competitive as other organizations)...other than that, no big wins

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
Yes...I believe Lou won two Universes, an IFBB America, and a couple of Lurie's shows (Which generally were not as competitive as other organizations)...other than that, no big wins
I think the best Lou ever looked, (excluding his comeback) was his first Mr. Universe win in 1973. Pictures in an old Muscle/Builder magazine show him to be absolutely shredded and still pretty full. In 74, he looked pretty good at the Universe, but at the 74 Olympia he was pretty drawn and flat, especially compared to Arnold who came in bigger and fuller than ever. Even Arnold's legs were big in '74. Then Louie was off for the 75 Olympia. And to get back to this thread, Boyer Coe is not a douchebag. I know him personally and he's one of the most decent guys in the sport. I didn't see the Stand Tall movie, but the Boyer i know is pretty modest. He says he never considered himself the best bodybuilder and his main goal in competing was to just try and keep improving. In film making, directors will ask you to play up your role for dramatic effect, even in documentaries, otherwise the films could get pretty boring. If Boyer said something egotistical in the film, it was probably for dramatic effect.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 08:27:38 PM »
I never saw 'Stand Tall', but, I'd wager that if Boyer did, indeed, come off as a tool....this false persona was manufactured by the editors and producers of the film....he was/is a gentleman.

If you buy the hulk movie dvd...its included in that.   Its obvious they were putting a pumping iron spin on the documentary......bad acting and all.   good dvd of the classic bods tho.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »
If anything Boyer was absolutely screwed outta the '94 Masters.  His conditioning was as good as Robbie's, but he looked bigger and better proportioned.

HotRodMan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 07:51:54 AM »
I think the best Lou ever looked, (excluding his comeback) was his first Mr. Universe win in 1973. Pictures in an old Muscle/Builder magazine show him to be absolutely shredded and still pretty full. In 74, he looked pretty good at the Universe, but at the 74 Olympia he was pretty drawn and flat, especially compared to Arnold who came in bigger and fuller than ever. Even Arnold's legs were big in '74. Then Louie was off for the 75 Olympia. And to get back to this thread, Boyer Coe is not a douchebag. I know him personally and he's one of the most decent guys in the sport. I didn't see the Stand Tall movie, but the Boyer i know is pretty modest. He says he never considered himself the best bodybuilder and his main goal in competing was to just try and keep improving. In film making, directors will ask you to play up your role for dramatic effect, even in documentaries, otherwise the films could get pretty boring. If Boyer said something egotistical in the film, it was probably for dramatic effect.

I agree.  In the 1980's Boyer did a seminar and posing exhibition at our gym.  He was very modest and politely answered every question thrown at him, even the ones about drugs.  He made only positive comments about every one of his fellow competitors.  Afterward, he went with a bunch of us to get something to eat and again was not the least bit egotistical.  He did wear a rather bad rug, though...

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:53 AM »
the best height for BB is 5'6" to 5'9"....
Years ago that was true but with drugs leveling the playing field for us taller guys, a man at 5'11" to 6'1" can be just as thick as a guy who is 5'7". The advantage of being able to fill in shorter muscles better than longer ones has been taken away from the little man by large doses of A.S
A good tall man will always beat a good short man on stage, all other things being equal.
Ronnie, Dorian, Lee Haney, Arnold, ALL 5' 11" give or take.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
Years ago that was true but with drugs leveling the playing field for us taller guys, a man at 5'11" to 6'1" can be just as thick as a guy who is 5'7". The advantage of being able to fill in shorter muscles better than longer ones has been taken away from the little man by large doses of A.S
A good tall man will always beat a good short man on stage, all other things being equal.
Ronnie, Dorian, Lee Haney, Arnold, ALL 5' 11" give or take.
yeah i think you're right, but as far as being ascetically appealing the 5'6" to 5'9" guys win! labrada, zane, benefutto(sp?), guillume(sp?) all of those guys fall within the 5'6" to 5'9" range, so when it comes to ascetics they win 8)

Moosejay

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 11:39:47 AM »

Very true and excellent post about Boyer, Chem. I know him too and he is a fine man in all ways, not just as a bb.

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »
If anything Boyer was absolutely screwed outta the '94 Masters.  His conditioning was as good as Robbie's, but he looked bigger and better proportioned.

Well, I was at that show, and it was quite close btw Robby and Boyer. If anything, Boyer should have been ahead of Lou. Robby was cut like a diamond that day, though, and I thought he edged out Boyer, one of my all-time favorites.

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »
I agree.  In the 1980's Boyer did a seminar and posing exhibition at our gym.  He was very modest and politely answered every question thrown at him, even the ones about drugs.  He made only positive comments about every one of his fellow competitors.  Afterward, he went with a bunch of us to get something to eat and again was not the least bit egotistical.  He did wear a rather bad rug, though...

Wow...that seminar was not at cheach's Gym in CT, was it? That sounds like the exact same seminar, complete with us going out for dinner with him afterwards.

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
I remember after the 94 Master's O, Lou ran around the site yelling very loudly, "I was F---ing screwed!...loudly and repeatedly. So much so that he was almost pulverized by Steve Weinberger, Bev's husband, who was one of the judges. Lest anyone think Steve could not do this...he looks like an absolutely sick dude. I wouldn't bet against him. Lou was a real jackass. This was the first time I began to look upon him in an unfavorable way.

Anybody else there, or remember this about Lou's behavior?