Author Topic: GTA IV, Oh Yeah!  (Read 14475 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: GTA IV, Oh Yeah!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 02:25:08 AM »
This games doesn't seem to do one thing very well, but many things mediocre.  Shooting, graphically, online...all blah.  I admire the context of the game, where you can bang hookers and shoot random people, but the aimless gameplay is something I'd get bored of in 5 minutes. 
Apparently, they're emploring the Euphoria physics technology, as seen in the new Star Wars game, coming out later this year.  That will be interesting, when running people over, or just people falling in general, but not worth purchasing it.
Of course, I am in the minority here.  I'll play the demo and see if the online is worth it.  16 people running around bitch slapping citizens and running each other over with cars, may be fun.  This game just looks very child like, compared to COD4 or Gears.
N

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 02:53:22 AM »
This games doesn't seem to do one thing very well, but many things mediocre.  Shooting, graphically, online...all blah.  I admire the context of the game, where you can bang hookers and shoot random people, but the aimless gameplay is something I'd get bored of in 5 minutes. 
Apparently, they're emploring the Euphoria physics technology, as seen in the new Star Wars game, coming out later this year.  That will be interesting, when running people over, or just people falling in general, but not worth purchasing it.
Of course, I am in the minority here.  I'll play the demo and see if the online is worth it.  16 people running around bitch slapping citizens and running each other over with cars, may be fun.  This game just looks very child like, compared to COD4 or Gears.

Will Ron Moaster be embracing this game with open arms?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 02:53:59 AM »
"you're free to leave now".

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 02:54:01 AM »

They have totally redone the shooting, it now plays a bit like Gears of War, with the cover system and all.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 03:19:45 AM »
GTA 4 will rock... Metal Gear 4 will rock even harder... Resident evel 5 will blow everybody away...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 03:20:38 AM »

mossel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 03:39:15 AM »

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 03:54:53 AM »
GTA 4 will rock... Metal Gear 4 will rock even harder... Resident evel 5 will blow everybody away...
Resident Evil 5 looks great.  Hopefully, they include some multiplayer mode, otherwise, it will be good for 12 hours and that's all.
MGS4 is probably the most over anticipated game I've ever seen.  Leave it to Sony, to hype the hell out of something, then blah.  Much like the PS3 prerenders of Killzone 2 years ago.  MGS4 looks so dull and slow paced, I couldn't bring myself to play it.
Gears 2 will be the best game this year.
Of course, it's all personal preference though.

I'm curious as to how Mortal Kombat will come out.  I'd guess it will rock graphics, due to the Unreal 3 engine...let's hope they don't blow the gameplay, trying to overuse the analog controls...like every jackass game developer seems to do these days..SKATE, being the first that comes to mind.  Pushing buttons for tricks, has worked for years, leave it:)  How the Wii sold that gimmick joystick to people with the power of a PS2 for $280, is just genius.  What a horrid system. ;)
N

mossel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »
mgs4 is a game that can't go wrong to me... played them all... (sony hitbit msx/ GB color/ Psone / Ps2)

This will be a farewell to Snake... 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 05:15:11 AM »
Games worthy of purchasing: GTA IV; Metal Gear Solid 4; Star Wars: Force Unleashed; and Ghostbusters.  8)

I saw screen shots to this game I believe was called Only in Vegas (GTA type game). I'll have to look into it.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »
Games worthy of purchasing: GTA IV; Metal Gear Solid 4; Star Wars: Force Unleashed; and Ghostbusters.  8)

I saw screen shots to this game I believe was called Only in Vegas (GTA type game). I'll have to look into it.

it's called:this is vegas...will not touch GTA 4...but it's interesting

another game i'm looking forward to is the real gran turismo 5...i'm playing the prologue version and i luv it

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: GTA IV , Oh Yeah!
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 05:31:55 AM »
i bet its more of the same shit that was boring the hell outta us in the last couple of games

visually it doesnt look very impressive either does it

::)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 05:34:28 AM »
Can't decide on 360 vs. PS3 version. I hear 360 will have the most content at launch while the PS3 will look better.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »
xbox360 gets exclusive content... apparently "a full cities worth" of content.. maybe ill get a 360 on the weekend and not for pc..

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 05:40:43 AM »

it's called:this is vegas...will not touch GTA 4...but it's interesting

Yeah. That's it! Thanks, man.

I too believe it won't touch GTA IV, but it's a game that's catching my interest. I'll probably pick it up.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: GTA IV , Oh Yeah!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 05:42:24 AM »

::)
Bluto is correct.  Visually, GTAIV, while the best looking of the series, is mediocre graphically compared to GOW or COD4.  Take a look at any gameplay and it's pretty bland, graphically.
N

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »
xbox360 gets exclusive content... apparently "a full cities worth" of content.. maybe ill get a 360 on the weekend and not for pc..
Go with the 360, graphically, they'll be indistinguishable to the eye.  The 360, like you said will come with exclusive or downloadable content in the future.  The 360 has a better overall online service.
360 for sure.
N

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »
the ps3 online service will hopefully catch up to the live service...

i was playing pgr 2 back then and it was great...now i'm playing GT5prologue online and it can't touch pgr2 online although pgr 2 is much older..that's because sony's online service sucks a bit right know,hope it will get better

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
wait, in GTA4, you can play online against others?  Sounds fun.  I don't own a PS2/3 or Xbox, and haven't in about 3 years.  I have been thinking about getting one sometime soon.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 06:00:21 AM »
wait, in GTA4, you can play online against others?  Sounds fun.  I don't own a PS2/3 or Xbox, and haven't in about 3 years.  I have been thinking about getting one sometime soon.

yes i think it will be a great feature

there are several modes for example :deathmatch

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 06:04:08 AM »
yes i think it will be a great feature

there are several modes for example :deathmatch

would that be best served by playing on the PC, PS3, or xbox?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 06:05:41 AM »
GTA is fun for a while but ultimately, you know you're going to get yourself a cheat key, get all the weapons and go out and get how ever many stars there are this time for police/army/federal resistance against you.  You might have a few Guns N Roses moments driving down the highway on a stolen bike with the sun setting/rising.. but thats about as far as it is going to go.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 06:06:24 AM »
would that be best served by playing on the PC, PS3, or xbox?

a pc version is not even on the list

i'm sure it will come but you would have to wait a long time...

i own a ps3 so i will buy the ps3 version but if i had both i would buy the 360 version because the online service is much better

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2008, 06:08:42 AM »
GTA is fun for a while but ultimately, you know you're going to get yourself a cheat key, get all the weapons and go out and get how ever many stars there are this time for police/army/federal resistance against you.  You might have a few Guns N Roses moments driving down the highway on a stolen bike with the sun setting/rising.. but thats about as far as it is going to go.

only losers cheat

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2008, 06:32:01 AM »