Author Topic: What physique do YOU aspire to?  (Read 11866 times)

Moosejay

Re: What physique do YOU aspire to?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 02:57:47 AM »
I don't particularly want to look very aesthetic. I just want to look huge and be a strong mofo. Have that really thick look. Fluctuating between Bill Kazmaier sort of look and then when more cut, like Dave Gulledge when he's dropped weight:

Very good, B2L.

Moosejay

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »
Birdsong had no where near the symmetry of Paris. Bob Birsong was, however a great bber. He's a Pastor now somewhere in Palm Springs.

Coach...don't forget about Birdsong's time spent in jail.

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 02:59:42 AM »

I always took you for a "bottom" shiftedShapes.   :D

Definitely, takes some strength to hold this pose from both guys.  The old school guys had functional muscle and used it.  It'd be pretty funny to put the some of the Olympia lineup from the past few years into an American Gladiators type of competition and watch them all suck air.

"I am getting and feeling really healthy now..."

Moosejay

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 03:03:14 AM »
The funny thing about the whole sucking oxygen deal is that increasing O2 does nothing for your ABILITY to absorb it. Replacing it with a mask is helpful if the atmospheric concentration is low, which, I'd imagine, it was not in the scene depicted with Coleman above.

So, what he is doing here is called NOTHING.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 03:08:10 AM »
Who do you really aspire to look like? For me, i'm aiming for this kind of size. It's
-functional and athletic looking
-dominant but not INTIMIDATING to girls etc
-I believe it is also realistic.
-Does not look clownish in regular clothes

Please post pics of the type of physique you aspire to.

hate to break it for you but... most girls would find bob paris physique intimmidating.

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
hate to break it for you but... most girls would find bob paris physique intimmidating.

You are correct.

In his book, 'Gorilla Suit' he recalls a story where he and a friend were in a Beverly Hills Ice Cream shop and some chicks said he'd be 'cute' if he were 50 pounds lighter.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 03:16:18 AM »
I don't particularly want to look very aesthetic. I just want to look huge and be a strong mofo. Have that really thick look. Fluctuating between Bill Kazmaier sort of look and then when more cut, like Dave Gulledge when he's dropped weight:
Have you ever competed?
NPC light heavy or heavy level.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 03:17:17 AM »
You are correct.

In his book, 'Gorilla Suit' he recalls a story where he and a friend were in a Beverly Hills Ice Cream shop and some chicks said he'd be 'cute' if he were 50 pounds lighter.
yes exactly. some people on this board are just delusional. you dont get up to 220- 250 pounds ripped to get girls lol. girls finds bodybuilders gross, self absorbed and intimmidating.

most girls would even think Layne Norton is to big.

Moosejay

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 03:19:14 AM »
yes exactly. some people on this board are just delusional. you dont get up to 220- 250 pounds ripped to get girls lol. girls finds bodybuilders gross and intimmidating.

Yes.

I don't know Norton...but, bb wise...the only safe way to get regular girls (Not fit or fig hoes who want you to buy the Clen or whatever else I read about here)...is to be about the size and look of Zane.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:49 AM »
yes exactly. some people on this board are just delusional. you dont get up to 220- 250 pounds ripped to get girls lol. girls finds bodybuilders gross, self absorbed and intimmidating.

Steve Reeves is the ideal. Apparently chicks flocked around him whenever he hit the beach.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »
A laudable goal Boost but you're clearly tripping if you think you can attain the kind of physique Bob sported.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 03:23:48 AM »
Damn. Look like there are bunch of guys who didnt have enough experience of woman in this forum.
Chics dont need muscle that much. The most important thing is feeling toward her.

So, stop talking about chics here. And just talk about YOUR IDEAL BODY guys!

Moosejay

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 03:46:10 AM »
Damn. Look like there are bunch of guys who didnt have enough experience of woman in this forum.
Chics dont need muscle that much. The most important thing is feeling toward her.

So, stop talking about chics here. And just talk about YOUR IDEAL BODY guys!

Kyomu...like many times...your words ring true here, my far-east friend!

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »
Have you ever competed?
NPC light heavy or heavy level.

Yeh. I'm from Ireland though. At the moment I'm drug free, competing in a drug free fed, the IDFPA, affiliated to the WDFPF. Best raw lifts: 215kg squat (473lb), 145kg bench (319lb), 280kg Deadlift (616lb). (I know, my bench sucks!  >:( ) I'm only 20. Though, when I hit 26 or so, after 7 years of good natural training I know that depending on how I have progressed with injuries etc I will be sorely tempted to use some chemical enhancement  :) Started training last April.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2008, 04:44:37 AM »
Bob Paris!!!!

Bob Paris was BIG!!!  he may look "small" compared to some of the other guys in his era, but remember, he held his own with Phil Hill, Shawn Ray and Robby Robinson. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2008, 07:39:03 AM »
yes it is currently rated as the most difficult strength movement on the rings.  Only 2 or 3 guys in the world can hold one.  As demonstrated in this picture it is probably a little bit easier than on the rings because one would not have to deal with the instability of the rings and the lever length is shortened a tiny bit by where the bottom guy is gripping his wrists (which is deeper than one can choke up with a fale grip on the rings.  Nevertheless, it is phenominal considering how far ahead of his time this guy was.

there are 2 victorians here, one right at the begining and another at around 29 seconds.  Too bad the camera angle sucks balls.

Damn!  Now that's some functional muscle!!  :o

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
 ;)
The Number 2 in Scranton

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
Paris is/ was perfect.

I will be back to this by summer's end:

I swear you just look for opportunities to post outdated pictures of yourself.  I think we've all seen them by now.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
The funny thing about the whole sucking oxygen deal is that increasing O2 does nothing for your ABILITY to absorb it. Replacing it with a mask is helpful if the atmospheric concentration is low, which, I'd imagine, it was not in the scene depicted with Coleman above.

So, what he is doing here is called NOTHING.

Arlington is around 604 feet altitude and Las Vegas is just over 2000 feet in altitude.  While it isn't like being high up in the rocky mountains, it is still a climb for a bloated-bellied bodybuilder like Ronnie.  He probably needs the extra oxygen.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »
You are correct.

you can't appeal to everybody, even with bob's face and body

according to posters here that trained with bob, women ALWAYS came on to him

and did you ever see that alan thicke youtube video where the women were drooling over him?  i'd post it if it weren't deleted :-\

E
E

Moosejay

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
I swear you just look for opportunities to post outdated pictures of yourself.  I think we've all seen them by now.

Ohhh boo hoo hoo :-[

No....I gotta make sure...in fact, I'd better start posting some more just to catch the new folks to get 'em up to snuff

knowwhati'msaying?!?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »
for me 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »