Author Topic: What do you think of this car?  (Read 3835 times)

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
What do you think of this car?
« on: June 07, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »

The mid level version expected to have a 300 HP direct inject V6

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
Re: What do you think of this car?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
I had a 95 Z28.  It was my first "fast" car and I was all about camaros back then.  Then GM killed the camaro and trans am citing poor sales, yet the mustang was a consistent seller despite being slower and less reliable.  Fact is that GM never pushed it liked ford pushed their mustang so that tells me GM turned it's back on the camaro enthusiast.  I turned my back on gm and I love my 03 Mach 1. 

Nice car though. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »
I had a 95 Z28.  It was my first "fast" car and I was all about camaros back then.  Then GM killed the camaro and trans am citing poor sales, yet the mustang was a consistent seller despite being slower and less reliable.  Fact is that GM never pushed it liked ford pushed their mustang so that tells me GM turned it's back on the camaro enthusiast.  I turned my back on gm and I love my 03 Mach 1. 

Nice car though. 
Meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
Meltdown.

What?!?!? NNOOOOO!!!!! :O

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »

Nice car though. 

I live in Northen California, I'd be afraid some hippie might key my car I drove around in something with that much testosterone.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 04:42:54 PM »
I live in Northen California, I'd be afraid some hippie might key my car I drove around in something with that much testosterone.

Damn hippies..

Us east coast people all drive 100mph and everyone's an asshole on the road so sports cars fit right in.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »
Damn hippies..

Us east coast people all drive 100mph and everyone's an asshole on the road so sports cars fit right in.

I think Southern Californians might give them a run for their money. San Diego and LA freeways are death traps. I'd never seen bumper to bumper traffic go 80 miles an hour untill I lived down there for a year.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
I think Southern Californians might give them a run for their money. San Diego and LA freeways are death traps. I'd never seen bumper to bumper traffic go 80 miles an hour untill I lived down there for a year.

Quite possible.. sounds like DC/Baltimore beltways.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »
You should try it on a motorcycle, much safer. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »
You should try it on a motorcycle, much safer. ;D
its allot more fun,i have never not had a sports car until now and i don't miss them at all.

much happier with the bike/truck combination.

bench

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 01:11:26 AM »

so thats the reason you don't have one

not your 500 dollar budget  ::)
T

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »
so thats the reason you don't have one

not your 500 dollar budget  ::)

Fuck, I've got a mortgage. No way I could get that.

My wife is totally cock blocking our equity line.  >:(

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 12:14:21 AM »
Fuck, I've got a mortgage. No way I could get that.

My wife is totally cock blocking our equity line.  >:(

I hear ya man.  My dream car was always the dodge viper.  A sweet ride, tons of horsepower, without the pricetag of a ferrari.  I bought an '04 viper a couple of years ago, slightly used with 1,200K miles on it. I ended up selling it eight months later because the wife was sure we could be spending our money on "better things" ::) Personally I think she wanted me to get rid of it because that viper was my "other woman" ;D  I'm gonna borrow some $$$ from XFACTOR and buy a ferrari ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 01:22:10 AM »

The mid level version expected to have a 300 HP direct inject V6

Beautiful.  When it comes out next year I might trade in my H3 for the V8 camaro.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »
I hear ya man.  My dream car was always the dodge viper.  A sweet ride, tons of horsepower, without the pricetag of a ferrari.  I bought an '04 viper a couple of years ago, slightly used with 1,200K miles on it. I ended up selling it eight months later because the wife was sure we could be spending our money on "better things" ::) Personally I think she wanted me to get rid of it because that viper was my "other woman" ;D  I'm gonna borrow some $$$ from XFACTOR and buy a ferrari ;D

My boy's dad sold his vipe, he said  it had  the worst  Tranny ever? Did you ever feel this way?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:33:48 AM »
Dope
L

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »

What could be "better" than a Viper.  :-\
women  >:(

Another 70's style re-release, the "Challenger"

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
My boy's dad sold his vipe, he said  it had  the worst  Tranny ever? Did you ever feel this way?

I've heard this before but it depends on who you ask.  GM used the same T-56 trans for the 6 speed camaros from 94 to 02 and I thought it was fine.  You hear the opinion that it's too soft/mushy/long from a lot of racers but for your average guy it's just fine.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »
It would have been even more cool if they based it on the original concept

>:(

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 12:50:53 PM »

Have to agree... if I could have any car tomorrow this would be it.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
Have to agree... if I could have any car tomorrow this would be it.

Is still slower (and will probably cost more) than the new Corvette ZR1.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 01:03:35 PM »
Is still slower (and will probably cost more) than the new Corvette ZR1.

It's slower than a lot of cars but I've had a thing for vipers for a long time.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:51 PM »
I've heard this before but it depends on who you ask.  GM used the same T-56 trans for the 6 speed camaros from 94 to 02 and I thought it was fine.  You hear the opinion that it's too soft/mushy/long from a lot of racers but for your average guy it's just fine.

That is what he does is race.. He was using one for racing and hated it, so he went back to the top fuel and said screw the regular shit... then after about 6 months of driving his "daily Driver" Viper he said he hated the tranny and sold that shit to... That guy has had more cars then Bluto has had requests to post pics. He is really picky, but he loves his cars and takes damn good care of them. He passes his wife out more then he lets anyone drive his cars including his son... :-X :-X :-X

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
That is what he does is race.. He was using one for racing and hated it, so he went back to the top fuel and said screw the regular shit... then after about 6 months of driving his "daily Driver" Viper he said he hated the tranny and sold that shit to... That guy has had more cars then Bluto has had requests to post pics. He is really picky, but he loves his cars and takes damn good care of them. He passes his wife out more then he lets anyone drive his cars including his son... :-X :-X :-X

Shit I would too.  I think for most guys a simple shifter change would improve it greatly.