Author Topic: Tha Carter III  (Read 16121 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Tha Carter III
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »
All I know is that when I went into Best Buy to get Carter III on Tuesday after work every copy they had was gone and I'm not even sure enough white people know about Lil' Wayne yet for it to be selling like that to whites exclusively.  It's been a real long time since I went to get a CD and it was gone completely from the shelves.  That just doesn't really even happen anymore as far as I know.

That's like that for any album drop...they hype it up as a must have. Like Jay_Zs albums, the kiddie toucher R. Kelly's albums. As a matter fact he has one dropping July.  It's funny, R. Kelly's albums gone in all the Best Buys, but two weeks later they have to give them away because they were sooo over stocked. "Double Up" was a disappointment, and I didn't even want to buy the album.

Now, one album that was slept on last year was "The Afro Samurai Soundrack" shit was pretty good. Had tracks produced from Rza with Alllen Anthony of "Christion" fame (1st R and B group signed to Rocafella).

But I def would put Common's and Jay-Z's American Gansta album ahead of Weezy.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2008, 12:09:34 PM »

Why do people think R. Kelly can sing?  Is it because his first name only has one letter? 

That 'Fly' song, easily one of the worst ever (among the overplayed songs in a given year) and for whatever reason, it won't go the hell away. 

Black folk need a better, brown-skinned Hannah Montana.  I'm not gonna pimp my kid out, but as you might expect, she'd be the perfect little role model.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
than already having had your perceptual plate close by 30.   

that shit is deep right there.  McFarland should be required reading.

"having your perceptual plate close".  Damn.  Most of us will eventually do it, and never know the wording for it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2008, 12:25:06 PM »
oh yes, i love her like
Pussy money weed
L

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
that shit is deep right there.  McFarland should be required reading.

"having your perceptual plate close".  Damn.  Most of us will eventually do it, and never know the wording for it.

I called it that because I don't know the exact name for it.  I know it's a phenomenon though.  There's a succinct point in one's life where "new trends" become threatening but I don't know what to Google to find it.  But I guess you could say the same thing about me and "emo" rock, I just can't hardly relate to MTV anymore unless it's Headbanger's Ball or the rap show they have and that kinda takes some work to stay on top of just because you can't hardly hear the good stuff unless you look to satellite radio for it.  But I do say the majority of the other mainstream stuff is trash and yeah their effeminent tendencies are a little offensive to me.  But people were saying the same thing about "long-haired hippies" in the 70's, I think that guys pushing the gender thing is probably an eternal trend that only looks "new" from an illusory, momentary standpoint.  At least we thought Axl would be able to whip somebody's ass if the situation called for it though.  What's Pete Wentz gonna do except worry about his hair getting fucked up?  The first time I saw the Sweet Child O' Mine video I thought Axl was a girl though, true story.  Maybe it's all the same thing.         

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »
When you come back with nothing but insults, it confirms to myself (and indeed any intelligent person reading this) that what I'm saying is true.  If you had facts to the contrary you would have no problem posting them.

Get it?

Since I have given the facts numerous times and you were not happy with that, I simply ask you to tell you who owns the media then?  Then I'll watch as you give me fuck all for a rebuttal.

Or better yet, come back with "Well...multiple interests own the media."

LOL.

Meaning, once the politically incorrect truth of near complete Jewish media ownership is conceded, people still can't admit it openly, and instead need to state something vague such as the above.  Meanwhile, this is perfectly acceptable to say:

Nope, no racial double standard here or anything.

By the way Quickerblade, last time you checked?  There wasn't even a first time you slag.

Are you Jewish? You have a Jewish nose!
Don't let em fool ya

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:50 PM »

Listen at 0:36 Hahahaha!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
Meaning, once the politically incorrect truth of near complete Jewish media ownership is conceded, people still can't admit it openly, and instead need to state something vague such as the above.  Meanwhile, this is perfectly acceptable to say:
Hmm. Once again your selectivity is manifest. To repeat myself: I don't think anyone has an issue with Jews being placed prominently in the media, in the same way I would assume people don't have an issue with the pernicious Danish cornering the children's construction block market. It's when you start hinting that Jews will use these positions to somehow subvert these institutions or use them for broadcasting propaganda that people have a problem with what you are saying. Capisce?  :)

/given any thought to why you so strongly feel the need to be regarded as 'intelligent' by the great getbig unwashed?   

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
RIP EAZY E
DAWG

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 02:12:21 PM »
I DONT REALLY LIKE IT....MR CARTER IS DOPE THOUGH

THE CARTER II = FUCKING CLASSIC

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »
The only rap worth listening to comes from the Dirty South

-Criminal Manne
-Pastor Troy
-Shawty Lo
-Gucci Mane
-Gorrilla Zoe
-SUC
-Trae

West Coast, East Coast, Mid-West; weak

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 02:16:08 PM »

-Criminal Manne
-Pastor Troy
-Shawty Lo
-Gucci Mane
-Gorrilla Zoe
-SUC
-Trae

West Coast, East Coast, Mid-West; weak

I agree but you list some horrible examples UGK is the south pimp c bun b paul wall
DAWG

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »

your fucking trippin...the south sucks dick.. its ALWAYS been so-cal the bay area and NYC that makes the good hip hop...

your ying yang twins of d4l bullshit is gay as fuck

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 02:33:58 PM »
best lyrical rapper i've heard in a long time is Lupe Fiasco.  None of this faux-gangster bullsh*t from all these other fools.  Just straight flow without flashy names and media hype.

I'm fearless
Now hear this
I'm earless
And I'm peerless
That means I'm eyeless
Which means I'm tearless
Which means my iris resides where my ears is
Which means I'm blinded
But I'mma find it I can feel it's nearness
But I'mma veer so I don't come near
Like a chicken or a deer
But I remember I'm not a listener or a seer so my windshield smear
Here, you steer, I really shouldn't be behind this, clearly cause my blindness
The windshield is minstrel, the whole grill is roadkill, so trill and so sincere. Yeah, I'm
Both them there
Took both pills, when a bloke in a trench coat and the locs in the chair had approached him
Here
And he clear as a ghost, so a biter of the throats in the mirror
The writer of the quotes for the ghosts who supplier of the notes to the living
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war,
'til I'm restin' in peace

or

First got it when he was six
Didn't know any tricks
Matter fact
First time he got on it he slipped
Landed on his hip and bust his lip
For a week he had to talk with a lisp
Like this
Now we can end the story right here
But shorty didn't quit it was something in the air
Yea
He said it was somethin' so appealing
He couldn't fight the feelin'
Somethin' about it
He knew he couldn't doubt it
Couldn't understand it
Brand it, since his first kickflip he land it
Uh
Labeled a misfit, abandoned
Ca-kunk, ca-kunk, kunk
His neighbors couldn't stand it, so
He was banished to the park
Started in the morning wouldn't stop till after dark
Yea
When he said it's getting late in here
So "I'm sorry young man there's no skating here"
Abandon every hope...

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2008, 02:58:29 PM »
Hmm. Once again your selectivity is manifest. To repeat myself: I don't think anyone has an issue with Jews being placed prominently in the media, in the same way I would assume people don't have an issue with the pernicious Danish cornering the children's construction block market. It's when you start hinting that Jews will use these positions to somehow subvert these institutions or use them for broadcasting propaganda that people have a problem with what you are saying. Capisce?  :)

/given any thought to why you so strongly feel the need to be regarded as 'intelligent' by the great getbig unwashed?   

Is "MattC" Jewish? He has a Jewish nose!
Don't let em fool ya

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
Whatever sells! if its a black man with heaps of jewellery in his mouth, covered in tats, muscled up or skinny, thats what they order the artist to do..if MTV aint playing your video in heavy rotation like they do with 50, kanye, nelly and WAyne then forget about it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:49 PM »

Yes, I get it.  When it's racism towards whites it's perfectly alright and you voice no objections but when I correct the thread and point out the REALITY that it's Jews, then I am the racist.  ::)

Nothing more than culture destruction. I suppose it would be too much to ask for these guys to start offing each other in record numbers  :o

dont blame the artists, they do what the bosses tell them to..Interscope, Universal. the last time i checked the companies were run by white men.

Notice how the assertion that white men are essentially destroying culture got NO CRITICISM in this thread, yet when I point out the reality (Jews are responsible), I am racist and you come back saying "It's when you start hinting that Jews will use these positions to somehow subvert these institutions or use them for broadcasting propaganda that people have a problem with what you are saying."

Uh huh.  Yet it's alright to say white men are doing this.  ::)

Jews or Israel are NEVER criticized in mainstream American media.  NEVER.  Nope, no conspiracy here.  ::)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 06:09:26 AM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »
best lyrical rapper i've heard in a long time is Lupe Fiasco.  None of this faux-gangster bullsh*t from all these other fools.  Just straight flow without flashy names and media hype.

I forgot about him...Yeah his album was tight...

But I still think Common and Nas are the epitome of lyrical masters...It's sad that a tattoos gremlin like Lil' Wayne can be considered  on "fire". Yeah, fire like a lil boy scout's campfire.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »
RIP ODB
DAWG

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »
for those who have listened to the album, what are your favorite tracks?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2008, 11:58:44 PM »
i like the whole playlist, right now my fave is "Got money" with T pain

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »
i like the whole playlist, right now my fave is "Got money" with T pain
yea thats a hot song, my favorite as well
i also like:  3 peat, dr. carter, and the lollipop remix with kanye

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »
yea thats a hot song, my favorite as well
i also like:  3 peat, dr. carter, and the lollipop remix with kanye
the best remix i have heard so far, Kanye used that T-pain voice thing and it sounded better then when T-pain uses it

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »

i like the joint "you aint got nothin on me" with fab, j santana, and wayne" that shit goes hard esp when the beat switches on waynes verse