Author Topic: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....  (Read 19567 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: The USA is the best country in the world to live in...if....
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
To what are you referring? ...my comment, ...or the extent to which women were terrorized?

A baby feels EVERYTHING it's mother feels. If the mother is traumatized, the baby will be too.
If the mother is calm and happy, her baby will be too. If the mother is anxious, so too will be the baby.
Until the baby is born, ...that's just simply how it works. They are one in that sense.

Many children are traumatized during a pregnancy.  Even today. 

But does that make them better slaves?  does that make newborns easier to control?   

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »

But does that make them better slaves?  does that make newborns easier to control?   

Jag doesn't have all its marbles.
I hate the State.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »

A baby feels EVERYTHING it's mother feels.
how do you know this

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »
how do you know this

People are born with  a natural fear of only 2 things:

Falling and loud noises.  Everything else is learned.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »
You're a retard; I pay only 3.3% tax and save 20k a year here. Cutting and running. Right.  ::) What's your PhD in again?

Listen weirdo, cutting and running is exactly what you did.  You should stay in whatever third world country will have you. 

You save $20K a year?  Wow.  Am I supposed to be impressed?  ::)   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2008, 10:45:43 PM »
Just when I think you can't look any stupider. Hands down THE dumbest comment I've ever read.

Oh geeze.  That makes my top five. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

As for whether that makes them better slaves, ...I couldn't say, ...but I will say it makes them far more susceptible to and motivated by fear.

I'm talking about physiology and the growing fetus. You CAN hardwire a brain to ensure certain signals or certain pathways are stronger than others. Just like any other muscle, ...if you exercise it, ...it becomes stronger. I am aware that many children are traumatized in utero, ...however, what I refer to is repeated systematic traumatization, ...not someone jumping out from behind a potted plant and yelling "Surprise" to a pregnant woman. I'm referring to nightly traumatization of a pregnant woman and by osmosis her offspring. A child raised in such an environment is going to have their neurons hardwired for fear.

I wasn't refering to control over newborns, ...if you can't control a newborn (except for crying), you got problems. I'm talking about the reptillian brain.

It's the same with languages. If you teach a child a language as an infant, he can go years without using it, may even forget 99.9% or even 100% of it, ...but re-introduce that language in later years and the child will pick it up much easier than if s/he were becoming familiar with it for the 1st time.

Look at a tree, ...the 1st branches that start to grow, ...over time, usually end up being the biggest and strongest branches. Well the pathways to the brain aren't really all that different. Granted, it's a very simplistic analogy, but it conveys my meaning.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »
If this was the case, this "fear mongering" would have been passed down through the black genes for centuries now and all blacks would be pretty much cowards and afraid of all whites straight out of the womb while being incredibly susceptible to fear tactics. This is not the case. It's ludicrous to think you can cultivate a child to be like that in fetus.

The reptilian brain, eh? You sharing the peace pipe with DaddyWaddy?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »
america is only the best place to be if you are super ambitious and pepetually status and money-driven, or are the benficiary of such a person. sure technically 'the sky is the limit' ::) but only if you are willing to work yourself to the bone to achieve it. it is a relentless and cutthroat place where you may one day attain lots of material wealth, but you will have sacrificed everything to get it. americans work more, stress more, and appreciate less than pretty much any other people on earth. i agree that western europe is probably the best place on earth overall. they really know how to relax and enjoy life over there. they may not accumulate as much personal wealth or have as much living space but they have far less stress, rigid moral/religious influenced nonsense, materialistic egotistic divided societies, and crime.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2008, 11:21:29 PM »
If this was the case, this "fear mongering" would have been passed down through the black genes for centuries now

Hmmm... let's see Blacks imported to the US in the 16th century ...civil rights movement started to flourish when?

and all blacks would be pretty much cowards and afraid of all whites straight out of the womb while being incredibly susceptible to fear tactics.

Don't you think it's a little much to be speaking in absolutes. Not ALL slave masters employed these tactics.

This is not the case. It's ludicrous to think you can cultivate a child to be like that in fetus.

Just because you are unfamiliar with it, or have never heard of it before, doesn't make it ludicrous.

The reptilian brain, eh? You sharing the peace pipe with DaddyWaddy?

Who's Daddy Waddy? Is he that cute 6 footer who competed for Mr GetBig?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2008, 11:24:12 PM »
america is only the best place to be if you are super ambitious and pepetually status and money-driven. sure technically 'the sky is the limit' ::) but only if you are willing to work yourself to the bone to achieve it. it is a relentless and cutthroat place where you may one day attain lots of material wealth, but you will have sacrificed everything to get it. americans work more, stress more, and appreciate less than pretty much any other people on earth. i agree that western europe is probably the best place on earth overall. they really know how to relax and enjoy life over there. they may not accumulate as much personal wealth or have as much living space but they have far less stress, rigid moral/religious influenced nonsense, materialistic egotistic divided societies, and crime.

...don't forget Canada!
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2008, 11:44:06 PM »
As for whether that makes them better slaves, ...I couldn't say,

Thats exactly what you suggested.

That's how they used to condition slaves. Only with slaves, ...they did it while the child was still in the womb. They would terrorize the pregnant woman, which went right to the fetus. It made it much easier to control the slaves once they were born.

Easier to control makes them better.

If you wanted to make a comment free from any ties to slavery you say Babies who experience trauma during pregnancy often have development and psychological problems as they grow.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2008, 11:44:50 PM »
Listen weirdo, cutting and running is exactly what you did.  You should stay in whatever third world country will have you. 

You save $20K a year?  Wow.  Am I supposed to be impressed?  ::)   

For someone with an academic background in the social sciences/humanities, that is a lot. How much do you save a year Mr. Right Wing Fundy...

How many other countries have you visited before?; I repeat the question.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
As for whether that makes them better slaves, ...I couldn't say, ...but I will say it makes them far more susceptible to and motivated by fear.

I'm talking about physiology and the growing fetus. You CAN hardwire a brain to ensure certain signals or certain pathways are stronger than others. Just like any other muscle, ...if you exercise it, ...it becomes stronger. I am aware that many children are traumatized in utero, ...however, what I refer to is repeated systematic traumatization, ...not someone jumping out from behind a potted plant and yelling "Surprise" to a pregnant woman. I'm referring to nightly traumatization of a pregnant woman and by osmosis her offspring. A child raised in such an environment is going to have their neurons hardwired for fear.

I wasn't refering to control over newborns, ...if you can't control a newborn (except for crying), you got problems. I'm talking about the reptillian brain.

It's the same with languages. If you teach a child a language as an infant, he can go years without using it, may even forget 99.9% or even 100% of it, ...but re-introduce that language in later years and the child will pick it up much easier than if s/he were becoming familiar with it for the 1st time.

Look at a tree, ...the 1st branches that start to grow, ...over time, usually end up being the biggest and strongest branches. Well the pathways to the brain aren't really all that different. Granted, it's a very simplistic analogy, but it conveys my meaning.

Jag, I suspect you know next to nothing about first language acquisition. Fortunately it is an area of knowledge I know a good deal about.

Your statement is silly, incoherent and just plain wrong.
I hate the State.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
people in italy or france or holland never snap and shoot up schools or shopping malls.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2008, 11:51:29 PM »
america is only the best place to be if you are super ambitious and pepetually status and money-driven, or are the benficiary of such a person. sure technically 'the sky is the limit' ::) but only if you are willing to work yourself to the bone to achieve it. it is a relentless and cutthroat place where you may one day attain lots of material wealth, but you will have sacrificed everything to get it. americans work more, stress more, and appreciate less than pretty much any other people on earth. i agree that western europe is probably the best place on earth overall. they really know how to relax and enjoy life over there. they may not accumulate as much personal wealth or have as much living space but they have far less stress, rigid moral/religious influenced nonsense, materialistic egotistic divided societies, and crime.

Exactly. Nothing beats sipping a coffee in a nice European city, relaxing, enjoying the architecture and shooting the shit. Americans don't do that because they have no time.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »
people in italy or france or holland never snap and shoot up schools or shopping malls.

Another excellent point. If you look at the top 50 safest cities in the world, most are in Europe and NONE is in the USA.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2008, 11:58:52 PM »
http://www.mercer.com/referencecontent.jhtml?idContent=1306635

European cities dominate the rankings of locations with the best quality of living, according to Mercer’s 2008 Quality of Living survey.

The survey also identified those cities with the highest personal safety ranking based on internal stability, effectiveness of law enforcement and relationships with other countries. Luxembourg was top, followed by Bern, Geneva, Helsinki and Zurich, all equally placed at number 2.

Top 5 cities - Overall
 Top 5 cities - Personal safety

Zurich, Switzerland (1st)
Vienna, Austria (tied for 2nd)
Geneva, Switzerland (tied for 2nd )
Vancouver, Canada (4th)
Auckland, New Zealand (5th)  Luxembourg (1st)
Bern, Switzerland (tied for 2nd)
Geneva, Switzerland (tied for 2nd)
Helsinki, Finland (tied for 2nd)
Zurich, Switzerland (tied for 2nd) 

http://www.mercer.com/referencecontent.jhtml?idContent=1307990#Top50_safety

Where is the USA for safety?
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
So out of the 5 major cities of Australia, all 5 were on the list of top 50 best places to live, based on quality of life.

Not bad, not bad at all...
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »
So out of the 5 major cities of Australia, all 5 were on the list of top 50 best places to live, based on quality of life.

Not bad, not bad at all...

Which city do you live in? Melbourne?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »
20k is good saving for one years' time.   Of course, you should get that $ coverted to yen or euro or pesos or peanuts... it might be worth $1500 by the time you get to the UK.

I grew up in Ohio... i hate the cold.  I love my guns.  I'll wait for canada to come to us (Hi NAU!)

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2008, 12:27:50 AM »
Anarchy Forever
No Government/No Rules

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2008, 12:34:58 AM »
20k is good saving for one years' time.   Of course, you should get that $ coverted to yen or euro or pesos or peanuts... it might be worth $1500 by the time you get to the UK.

I grew up in Ohio... i hate the cold.  I love my guns.  I'll wait for canada to come to us (Hi NAU!)

Already in Euro accounts in Germany, accumulating interest...
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »
Which city do you live in? Melbourne?

Sydney.

Better weather. Well not right now though  :(
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2008, 01:26:41 AM »
Sydney.

Better weather. Well not right now though  :(

Nice; I wouldn't mind testing Sydney out for a year, provided of course I could get a visa. Thing is; Oceania just seems so cut off from the rest of the world.
I hate the State.