Author Topic: MMA will get you killed in the street!  (Read 12724 times)

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
Re: MMA will get you killed in the street!
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 05:33:37 AM »
Well the man facing Royler Gracie in the video like the man in the original thread starters video claimed to have a "street effective" self defense style, thats all I was trying to show. If you want to see some wild  moves against 3 guys in the street or something rent a Jackie Chan movie.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 06:25:50 AM »
Well the man facing Royler Gracie in the video like the man in the original thread starters video claimed to have a "street effective" self defense style, thats all I was trying to show. If you want to see some wild  moves against 3 guys in the street or something rent a Jackie Chan movie.
But the video with Royler does not disprove the effectiveness of the op's system. A soft mat in a gym with a crowd of supporters that will not intervene and with no threat of weapons being presented is not a street fight.
One-on-one fights in a controlled environment is tailor made for brazilian jiu jitsu.
!

UGMT

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 06:35:41 AM »
Very good point. In my opinion the smartest system when faced with a real danger in that situation would be keeping a level head and not doing anything foolish. I really only posted the video because of the OP getting really defensive and challenging people to come fight the guys black belts which I thought was kind of funny.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »
Very good point. In my opinion the smartest system when faced with a real danger in that situation would be keeping a level head and not doing anything foolish. I really only posted the video because of the OP getting really defensive and challenging people to come fight the guys black belts which I thought was kind of funny.

It was a challenge not a threat.  When some armchair tough guy like Bluto (who never answered my question as to if he even trains in martial arts) claiming he could kick people's ass I simply invited him up to NYC and told him to put his money where his mouth is.  That goes for anyone.  Check out the system and understand it before you go criticizing something so foolishly.  www.veearnisjitsu.com www.defenseinstitute.com 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »

::)
Z

UGMT

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:25 AM »
Street fighting as brought to you by Tony Cecchine one of the best catch wrestlers. No good for multiple attackers but funny to watch!
Hair Pull

The Fishhook!!

But seriously the guy has some pretty wild submissions if you watch all his videos...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »
Thread reeks of McDojo and Benny Blanco gimmicks.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »

::)

Hey I'll be the first one to admit some of those videos/ads are kind of hoky.  But you can only portray something so realistically in an ad/video.  Like I said come check out the classes and you'll see what it's all about.  By the way you never answered my question Bluto......what do you train in?  Barbell kwon do? 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
Street fighting as brought to you by Tony Cecchine one of the best catch wrestlers. No good for multiple attackers but funny to watch!
Hair Pull

The Fishhook!!

But seriously the guy has some pretty wild submissions if you watch all his videos...

First off how does he get his oppenents to the ground?  Secondly, I'd like to see his ass roll around on his knee like that on concrete or on a dirty soaking wet glass ridden bar floor or parking lot.  Talk about McDojo!  And who's gonna try and stick their fucking finger in someone's mouth?  I'd love for someone to do that to me......I'd bite the thing off his hand! 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »
Hey I'll be the first one to admit some of those videos/ads are kind of hoky.  But you can only portray something so realistically in an ad/video.  Like I said come check out the classes and you'll see what it's all about.  By the way you never answered my question Bluto......what do you train in?  Barbell kwon do? 

real fighters dont need to train martial arts, that just fucks them up

natural born killer baby !!
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »
There is a difference between "fighting" and self defense.  Watch the videos I posted again.  I'd put Professor David James VAJ system up against ANYTHING!

Carlos and Relio refined BJJ and created Vale Tudo fights to prove the superiority of BJJ.  Relson, my instructor, was involved in many a street fight.  In Brazil, no less, under no rules. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
i wonder why so many instructors claim they were involved in so many street fights ? why are they not peaceful ? why are they not athletes ? they must live lifestyle fo a thug because it's not normal to get into so many fights

Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 12:00:38 PM »
i wonder why so many instructors claim they were involved in so many street fights ? why are they not peaceful ? why are they not athletes ? they must live lifestyle fo a thug because it's not normal to get into so many fights

It is Brazil....... :o

Relson was known as Compreido.  Lots of dirty fighting in his techniques.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
Carlos and Relio refined BJJ and created Vale Tudo fights to prove the superiority of BJJ.  Relson, my instructor, was involved in many a street fight.  In Brazil, no less, under no rules. 

There is no such thing as no rules.  If there were no rules people would die or in the least be maimed for life.  You can recover from a snapped arm or a broken leg.  You can't recover from someone shoving their thumb through your eyeball or ripping your ear off.  Since you are a practitioner of BJJ I'd like to ask you a question.  When you are rolling around with someone on the mat what's to prevent someone from hammering you in your groin and biting a chunk out of your arm or leg?  Shihan John Petrone of Defense Institute in Colordo Springs was named Jiu Jitsu man of the year at one point.  He's actually grappled with some of the Gracies.  I'd like for you to ask your instructor about him.  Here's his myspace page.  Email him and ask him.  Tell him what you think.  He'll give you a very intelligent, fair and honest answer.  

http://www.myspace.com/vajcsco

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »
ripping ear off is no problem. thats why we got a pair
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »
ripping ear off is no problem. thats why we got a pair

Yes and I'm sure you're the same type of guy that would not flinch one iota if someone hammered you in your balls.  Balls of steel right?  LOL

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
Yes and I'm sure you're the same type of guy that would not flinch one iota if someone hammered you in your balls.  Balls of steel right?  LOL

youre saying that it's likely that a street fight end up on the ground and that the attacker will hammer you in the balls? and because of that, you should train for it? or even that you the defender should defend youraself by taking the fight to the ground and start hammering the balls of the attacker?
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:13 PM »
youre saying that it's likely that a street fight end up on the ground and that the attacker will hammer you in the balls? and because of that, you should train for it? or even that you the defender should defend youraself by taking the fight to the ground and start hammering the balls of the attacker?

Yes we practice taking an opponent down to the ground by way of a judo chop and then once they are on the ground hammering away at their balls ::)

No most street fights do not end up nor should they end up on the ground.  My point was in regards to his grappling/BJJ comment.  What I'm saying is BJJ doesn't train you for dirty fighting.  It's easy for anyone to say oh well I can kick anyone in the groin or eye gouge or whatever.  But in VAJ we TRAIN FOR IT, it's part of our system. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »
Yes we practice taking an opponent down to the ground by way of a judo chop and then once they are on the ground hammering away at their balls ::)

No most street fights do not end up nor should they end up on the ground.  My point was in regards to his grappling/BJJ comment.  What I'm saying is BJJ doesn't train you for dirty fighting.  It's easy for anyone to say oh well I can kick anyone in the groin or eye gouge or whatever.  But in VAJ we TRAIN FOR IT, it's part of our system. 

why would they? most train for sport. if theyre self-defense oriented im sure there's no stopping them from adding techniques for that.
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »
why would they? most train for sport.
hence the title of the thread, fucktard
!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 01:28:33 PM »
hence the title of the thread, fucktard

And I thought it was obvious. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »
so whats your point?

if people train mma for sport. does it matter if it works or dont work on the street?

thats like saying

"bowling will get you killed in the street!"

Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
so whats your point?

if people train mma for sport. does it matter if it works or dont work on the street?

thats like saying

"bowling will get you killed in the street!"

Do you even remember the point of this thread?  I mean hell I wonder if you even read my first post.  People that watch MMA i.e. the stupid fans think they can apply MMA to the street.  Hell most of the MMA fighters walk around like billy bad ass thinking they can do what they do in the ring with rules and a soft matt to roll around on out in the street.  That's what I'm saying.  Everyone things MMA is so cool and so bad ass.  They don't realize that it's a SPORT with rules and weight classes.  How come you never see BJ Penn fight a guy like Ken Shamrock?  Hence why a lot of martial arts are useless in the street as they don't take into account someone being much bigger and stronger than you. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
Do you even remember the point of this thread?  I mean hell I wonder if you even read my first post.  People that watch MMA i.e. the stupid fans think they can apply MMA to the street.  Hell most of the MMA fighters walk around like billy bad ass thinking they can do what they do in the ring with rules and a soft matt to roll around on out in the street.  That's what I'm saying.  Everyone things MMA is so cool and so bad ass.  They don't realize that it's a SPORT with rules and weight classes.  How come you never see BJ Penn fight a guy like Ken Shamrock?  Hence why a lot of martial arts are useless in the street as they don't take into account someone being much bigger and stronger than you. 

youre saying the world is full of mma fans that tries to beat up people twice their size in the street?

never heard of that.
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
youre saying the world is full of mma fans that tries to beat up people twice their size in the street?

never heard of that.

No I'm saying a lot of fans who watch MMA, wear their Tapout shorts and Affliction T-shirts and take one MMA class and think they know how to fight or defend themselves.  Why do you think MMA has such a strong following?  You think it's because these guys come off such great conditioned athletes?  You think it's because these guys are so good looking?  Do you think it's because it's so exciting to watch two sweaty men roll around on the ground in blood and sweat?  No it's because in the back of the minds of most of the fans they think art imitates life when it comes to MMA.  They think that the BJ Pens of the world or the George St. Pierres of the world are the toughest, baddest fighters because they do MMA.  George St. Pierre probably wouldn't last a minute in a real fight with someone twice his size.