Author Topic: Iran test-fires 9 missiles in Persian Gulf  (Read 5640 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Iran test-fires 9 missiles in Persian Gulf
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
their actions of late would argue otherwise

Not at all.

what they are doing now is saber rattling.

Actually attacking something is different.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »
I think some of you guys are way to subject to fear. 

Especially when you consider, Iran would become a parking lot if they did anything against Israel or the USA.  And Iran knows it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 11:38:22 AM »
Not at all.

what they are doing now is saber rattling.

Actually attacking something is different.
LOL so we have to wait for them to kill ppl
OZMO i like you bro you are very idealistic and i admire that about you...to me though it seems like those ideals dont always translate to the real world.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
I think some of you guys are way to subject to fear. 

Especially when you consider, Iran would become a parking lot if they did anything against Israel or the USA.  And Iran knows it.

I think you're more subject to it than us. You're imaging the world exploding if Iran were attacked. You've bought right into their saber rattling and painting this picture of their military being some super powered 1st world military capable of fighting both the US and Israel at the same time.

OZMO i like you bro you are very idealistic and i admire that about you...to me though it seems like those ideals dont always translate to the real world.

Doesn't translate to dealings with a country that takes the bulk of their actions and laws from a book written 1500 years ago.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »

Yeah, typically that's how the "good guys" operate, real world or not.  But you have to look at the whole picture:

Iran would become a parking lot if they did anything against Israel or the USA.  And Iran knows it.

And this would happen about immediately, as we have the forces there already!

Call brinkmanship, call it posturing, playing world politics, or whatever.  What they are doing right now, is something we should take notice of, but nothing to be worried about.  Iran ain't gonna do sh1t.  If they do, they sign their death warrant and they know it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
I think you're more subject to it than us. You're imaging the world exploding if Iran were attacked. You've bought right into their saber rattling and painting this picture of their military being some super powered 1st world military capable of fighting both the US and Israel at the same time. 

No, not really "exploding".  i don;t see WW3 coming out of it.  I just things getting herder for us and Israel in the ME as a result.

And i don't know why you keep insisting i think Iran is a military power or super power or what ever.  We'd sweep them aside as easy as we did the Iraqis.  So please, stop trying to words in my mouth.  I'm pretty knowledgeable about our military capabilities versus the rest of the armies of the world.

They will be in the nuclear arms club at some point.  Maybe not now, maybe not in a few years, but inside of 20?  I'd say 95% chance of it, unless their government changes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
Yeah, typically that's how the "good guys" operate, real world or not.  But you have to look at the whole picture:

Call brinkmanship, call it posturing, playing world politics, or whatever.  What they are doing right now, is something we should take notice of, but nothing to be worried about.  Iran ain't gonna do sh1t.  If they do, they sign their death warrant and they know it.
Its that type of thinking that leads to the death of our fellow countrymen, let them act and then we will react.
you cant always be the "good guy" sometimes you need to do what needs to be done regardless...I agree that now is not be the best time...but I dont see this situation getting any better which means that somebody will have to deal with these folks sooner or later.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2008, 11:52:14 AM »
I reckon sanctions and an Israeli attack or war will eventually lead to their government being deposed. I see that happening before they get nukes.

The majority of Iranians couldn't care less about nukes. Their economy is in the complete shitter. They've been experiencing record inflation levels, high unemployment rates for a few years now and their were riots when the government tried to control purchasable gasoline amounts last year. The last thing the general populace wants to see is their leadership badger their way into getting set back 25 years because they wanted to act like they were on par with the superpowers.

After they get destroyed you think the rest of the ME is going to lend them a hand? Hahahaha.

Its that type of thinking that leads to the death of our fellow countrymen, let them act and then we will react.
you cant always be the "good guy" sometimes you need to do what needs to be done regardless...I agree that now is not be the best time...but I dont see this situation getting any better which means that somebody will have to deal with these folks sooner or later.

Ozmo doesn't care about the fact that Iran is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of American soldiers and civilians.

Regardless, I'd rather let Israel do the brunt of the work and let the special forces fight a proxy war.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2008, 11:55:39 AM »

tommy,  how can someone be a threat (one that warrants a preemptive strike)  if any attack by them would virtually result in their extinction?

It's not like we are dealing with 1940 Japan here.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »
tommy,  how can someone be a threat (one that warrants a preemptive strike)  if any attack by them would virtually result in their extinction?

Hahaha, Iran's been deserving of an attack for years. They finance terrorism. They kill American soldiers and civilians. I know that you couldn't care less about that but don't say they're not a threat.

The ME would be a lot better off if Iran wasn't intent on meddling in everyone's affairs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 12:00:52 PM »

lol its TONY lol...You mean like the perpetrators of 9/11, USS Cole, countless embassy bombings? and that wouldnt happen b/c of the society that we live in now would condemn that action...and you know it, need proof just look at some of the posters on here.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »
Ozmo doesn't care about the fact that Iran is directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of American soldiers and civilians.

Has your flawed logic run into such a road block that now you have to resort to putting words in my mouth?

Come on dude, you are better than that.

If they are directly responsible why hasn't our government shown us?  Is it a secret?   BTW, i believe they are supplying some of the insurgency.  Is that enough to go to war over?  Well it looks like we are stabilizing Iraq, so it looks like we might not need to.  If they were directly killing our troops then i'm sure BUSH and Co. would have made that case by now.

I reckon sanctions and an Israeli attack or war will eventually lead to their government being deposed. I see that happening before they get nukes.

That would be great, if sanctions worked, and if an attack worked.  but I'd be willing to bet it won't lead to the government getting disposed.  They need a revolution for that.

The majority of Iranians couldn't care less about nukes. Their economy is in the complete shitter. They've been experiencing record inflation levels, high unemployment rates for a few years now and their were riots when the government tried to control purchasable gasoline amounts last year. The last thing the general populace wants to see is their leadership badger their way into getting set back 25 years because they wanted to act like they were on par with the superpowers.

This is true.  But, the poeple are not in charge there.

After they get destroyed you think the rest of the ME is going to lend them a hand? Hahahaha.

More, attempts to words in my mouth huh?  Or not?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:40 PM »
lol its TONY lol..

Sorry man,  multi-tasking here at work.

You mean like the perpetrators of 9/11, USS Cole, countless embassy bombings? and that wouldnt happen b/c of the society that we live in now would condemn that action...and you know it, need proof just look at some of the posters on here.

The difference between those and Iran, is Iran is a sovereign nation, and those attacks were from AQ, a terrorist organization.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »
Hahaha, Iran's been deserving of an attack for years. They finance terrorism. They kill American soldiers and civilians. I know that you couldn't care less about that but don't say they're not a threat.

Here you go jumping to conclusions, or labeling.   

Go back and re-read the whole thread starting from where i asked the series of questions about Iran being a threat.

I'm really starting to think you don't read at all, you just jump to conclusions if someone has a different view.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 12:13:40 PM »
Sorry man,  multi-tasking here at work.

The difference between those and Iran, is Iran is a sovereign nation, and those attacks were from AQ, a terrorist organization.
its cool i was just messing with ya

From another thread earlier this week
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=222964.0
”The Zionist regime is pressuring White House officials to attack Iran. If they commit such a stupidity, Tel Aviv and U.S. shipping in the Persian Gulf will be Iran’s first targets and they will be burned,” Shirazi was quoted as saying.

Shirazi, a mid-level cleric, is Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s representative to the Revolutionary Guards.

”The Iranian nation will never accept bullying. The Iranian nation is a nation of believers which believes in jihad and martyrdom. No army in the world can confront it,” he added.

Sounds like they subscribe to the same belief system to me...again its that type of thinking that leads to the deaths of fellow countrymen.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
its cool i was just messing with ya

From another thread earlier this week
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=222964.0
”The Zionist regime is pressuring White House officials to attack Iran. If they commit such a stupidity, Tel Aviv and U.S. shipping in the Persian Gulf will be Iran’s first targets and they will be burned,” Shirazi was quoted as saying.

Shirazi, a mid-level cleric, is Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s representative to the Revolutionary Guards.

”The Iranian nation will never accept bullying. The Iranian nation is a nation of believers which believes in jihad and martyrdom. No army in the world can confront it,” he added.

Sounds like they subscribe to the same belief system to me...again its that type of thinking that leads to the deaths of fellow countrymen.

Again, all those are, are words.   Iran is in no short supply of them.   They are also the ones who say, they will wipe Israel off the map if they get attacked right?  Now how stupid is that?

You can't go off and attack a country just becuase it rattles it saber or trash talks.  Shit, we would have had WW6 by now!

Let them do something, just one thing, one bastardly act.  And see how much of their country gets demolished.  They know this!!!!   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »
If u look at the pics released, the exercises looked ridiculous...but we conducted exercises with the Brits, the Israeli's conducted their monster air X last month. They sorta have to do this. As much for their population as for sending some message to the Israeli's. Who I'm sure are praying they line up all their crap like in the video's.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 12:51:31 PM »
If u look at the pics released, the exercises looked ridiculous...but we conducted exercises with the Brits, the Israeli's conducted their monster air X last month. They sorta have to do this. As much for their population as for sending some message to the Israeli's. Who I'm sure are praying they line up all their crap like in the video's.

There isn't a nation in the ME that can fight with the Israelis or ourselves.  It would be joke.  Just like the invasion of Iraq.

1 American or Israeli  soldier is worth 50-100 of Iranian troops.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »
Yeah but they can't look weak. We won't be bombing anybody. U can sorta feel a war coming on and I don't feel anything. No troop movements..nothing. In 2003 it was never in doubt. Unless Israel launches, its just more BS. Only thing it means to us is gas stop falling.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2008, 01:07:35 PM »
Why would they do that at the expense of their economy and country?  If they shot at a tanker or tankers, they get 1 hour minimum of full US firepower.  Similar to what Iraq got in 1991.  They are not that stupid to want that exchange.

Huh  ???

You do realize they have totally different mores than the West correct?

And this is a god given path for them, to destroy the West, and Israel

They could care less about economics as long as they see themselves as the winners.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 01:21:32 PM »
Has your flawed logic run into such a road block that now you have to resort to putting words in my mouth?

Come on dude, you are better than that.

If they are directly responsible why hasn't our government shown us?  Is it a secret?   BTW, i believe they are supplying some of the insurgency.  Is that enough to go to war over?  Well it looks like we are stabilizing Iraq, so it looks like we might not need to.  If they were directly killing our troops then i'm sure BUSH and Co. would have made that case by now.

That would be great, if sanctions worked, and if an attack worked.  but I'd be willing to bet it won't lead to the government getting disposed.  They need a revolution for that.

This is true.  But, the poeple are not in charge there.

More, attempts to words in my mouth huh?  Or not?

The government has shown us. Iraq went to Tehran to confront them about their meddling in Iraq. They are the biggest financiers behind Hezbollah, who up until 9/11 had killed more Americans than any other terrorist organization.

I'm sure you just think that all the evidence is just horseshit, right? The QUDS guys captured in Iraq and everything? 

You're either dumb or you turn a blind eye to the fact that Iranian money paid for the barracks bombings and several other major terrorist attacks over the years.  ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »
Huh  ???

You do realize they have totally different mores than the West correct?

And this is a god given path for them, to destroy the West, and Israel

They could care less about economics as long as they see themselves as the winners.

Desire for Power is indiscriminate.   I agree, they is a danger of Martyrdom, however, i',m willing to bet they like being the "Shot Callers" far more than "faith" they profess to follow to keep their power base supported.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 01:59:38 PM »
Yeah but they can't look weak. We won't be bombing anybody. U can sorta feel a war coming on and I don't feel anything. No troop movements..nothing. In 2003 it was never in doubt. Unless Israel launches, its just more BS. Only thing it means to us is gas stop falling.

very true

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »
The government has shown us. Iraq went to Tehran to confront them about their meddling in Iraq. They are the biggest financiers behind Hezbollah, who up until 9/11 had killed more Americans than any other terrorist organization.

I'm sure you just think that all the evidence is just horseshit, right? The QUDS guys captured in Iraq and everything? 

No, you're jumping to conclusions again.  re-read what i wrote on it.

Wait I'll save the trouble:

If they are directly responsible why hasn't our government shown us?  Is it a secret?   BTW, i believe they are supplying some of the insurgency. Is that enough to go to war over?  Well it looks like we are stabilizing Iraq, so it looks like we might not need to. 

also

If they were directly killing our troops then i'm sure BUSH and Co. would have made that case by now.

Bush went to war in Iraq on BULL SHIT intel.  Do you have better intel then he does?  Don't you think that jack ass would gladly go to war?

You're either dumb or you turn a blind eye to the fact that Iranian money paid for the barracks bombings and several other major terrorist attacks over the years.

So now we've switched from putting words in mouth to assuming I'm dumb or turning a blind eye to stuff? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »
OzmO, you are dead on correct in this thread.
S