Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 19011 times)

JohnnyVegas

Re: THE DARK KNIGHT
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
ITS PG13 I dont think you can see it without parents permission....

Cool, then I am there!

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
11:30am Sunday Showing. I'll post back. Peace...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »

try and sneak a video camera in!  :D
just not good enough

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »
9.7 on imdb  ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
i think i will go see this tonight

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »

Moosejay

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
I told you Moose.

They hit a homerun by not making a kiddie flick with all CGI and cheesy storylines. Instead they had good acting coupled with very real stunts and a realistic storyline.

One thing they did to make the film more realistic was by having the Joker be more of an urban terrorist than a criminal. Ledger's Joker = one of the best villains ever.

Probably, but they ought to give it to him despite what idiots say or might say. You have Oscars going out to actors that act in movies that the general public does not care about. This time around you have an excellent performance in a mainstream film. Giving it to Ledger would restore some credibility to the Oscars

Very true...Oscars always seem to go to those in weird-ass granola movies

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
me and my friend don saw it last night...amazing film...the joker was too real imo...i feel nickolson did comic book joker the best, and ledger made the joker more realistic...i wanna see it again
w

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
Incredibly awesome movie.  Probably the best superhero movie ever imo.  Ledger was absolutely ridiculous as the Joker 8)

Moosejay

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
I told you Moose.

that you did

They hit a homerun by not making a kiddie flick with all CGI and cheesy storylines. Instead they had good acting coupled with very real stunts and a realistic storyline.

One thing they did to make the film more realistic was by having the Joker be more of an urban terrorist than a criminal. Ledger's Joker = one of the best villains ever.

Probably, but they ought to give it to him despite what idiots say or might say. You have Oscars going out to actors that act in movies that the general public does not care about. This time around you have an excellent performance in a mainstream film. Giving it to Ledger would restore some credibility to the Oscars

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

Asshole >:(

That was funny 230 ;D, It's funny how DB makes fun of bodybuilders misfortunes.  However this drug attic you show man-love and sympathy for. 

affy

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
I just saw it

great movie...best movie i've seen this year.  But Ledger really stole the show.  Its #1 on IMDB's top 250...knocking off Godfather, which I think is bullshit. 

Stupid fanboys who think this movie was greater than Godfather and Pulp Fiction.  Great movie none the less, Christopher Nolan will probably be Hollywoods next big director. 

Jizzacked

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
I just got back from seeing it....

I was one of the many skeptics who assumed it was a lot of dicksucking just because of ledger's passing, but after seeing it for myself, I was blown away.  best movie I have seen in a long time.... the joker character completely stole the spotlight... while bale is a good actor, the terrible voiceover of him when in batman character and the joker portrayal  pretty much muted his performance, almost making him a footnote.

I will definitely go see it again, it was long but did not seem drawn out.  overall pretty fuckin awesome in my book. 

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2008, 11:02:59 PM »
I just got back from seeing it....

I was one of the many skeptics who assumed it was a lot of dicksucking just because of ledger's passing, but after seeing it for myself, I was blown away.  best movie I have seen in a long time.... the joker character completely stole the spotlight... while bale is a good actor, the terrible voiceover of him when in batman character and the joker portrayal  pretty much muted his performance, almost making him a footnote.

I will definitely go see it again, it was long but did not seem drawn out.  overall pretty fuckin awesome in my book. 

I just saw it and agree with you 100%.  The stupid voiceover of him at the end with the joker hanging is retarded.  The joker was awesome.  One thing I also noticed is that Christian Bale lost a lot of muscle from the first one.  You see him take off his shirt to show off some bruises at the beginning and he is basically normal sized.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2008, 12:14:58 AM »
Catwoman sucks. They could do better.

I look forward to this movie.

hbowever, overall, you must admit, Marvel kicks DC's ass every which way.

yeah.. it will only be good if the bat is banging the pussy
I am a mini beast

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2008, 01:21:24 AM »
Man i was pissed off on friday night. Was going to see it at 9.15pm (last showing of the night) so we said we would meet at 8.30 so we had plenty of time to get tickets incase it was busy. Walk up and see a big sign saying "ALL TICKETS SOLD OUT"

omg, i was so annoyed. I was so excited to see it. And was too busy over the weekend to see it. So i still havent seen it!! >:(
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2008, 01:23:52 AM »
Man i was pissed off on friday night. Was going to see it at 9.15pm (last showing of the night) so we said we would meet at 8.30 so we had plenty of time to get tickets incase it was busy. Walk up and see a big sign saying "ALL TICKETS SOLD OUT"

omg, i was so annoyed. I was so excited to see it. And was too busy over the weekend to see it. So i still havent seen it!! >:(

id be pissed if u were u 2, its a fuckin bad ass movie.

one of the few movies i can remember that has not only lived up to the hype. But has exceeded it!!

Stavios

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2008, 08:38:27 AM »
No, I got thru unscathed.

Excellent BM movie...better than all thge others by far.

More realistic than IM and SM.

I was hoping you said so !!!

the spiderman movies suck ass, VERY cheesy and the acting sucks too.

not even comparable to The Dark Knight

Moosejay

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »
I was hoping you said so !!!

the spiderman movies suck ass, VERY cheesy and the acting sucks too.

not even comparable to The Dark Knight

Well, Stavios, as the owner of EVERY Amazing Spiderman comic, from #1 to #300(at which time I stopped collecting), The SM mnovies are actually SUPERB in capturing, to trhe letter, the essence of the comics. Except for the web shooters, which, in the mags, are made by pp and the webs do not come out of his arms, everything is true to the letter.

I can't say that about BM, never collected DC.

MJ 

Moosejay

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »
Anyone experience theater goers who could not SHUT UP at the BM movie?

Stavios

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »
Well, Stavios, as the owner of EVERY Amazing Spiderman comic, from #1 to #300(at which time I stopped collecting), The SM mnovies are actually SUPERB in capturing, to trhe letter, the essence of the comics. Except for the web shooters, which, in the mags, are made by pp and the webs do not come out of his arms, everything is true to the letter.

MJ 

I think the main reason why I hate the spiderman movies is because of Kristen Dunst.
I don't know why, but it pissed me off everytime she was on the screen.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2008, 09:20:03 AM »

MJ 

Not everything is the same as in the comics...What I  didnt agree with for the Spider-man movies was how they killed off all the major Villians! Venom, Green Goblin...they freakin killed Harry off!

In the comics, Harry is supposed to be Peter's best friend who eventually get married and has a kid and has amnesia that he is the Green Goblin.  In the comic, the Green Goblin came to be when he drank some sort of potion, it wasnt supposed to be scitzo personalities! It was the Green Goblin potion that was responsible for the Greeen Goblin persona and the super strength.

In the Comics, Mary Jane is also an actress but she was also a famous model.

I was very pissed off that they killed off the major villians jsut like the X-men movie killed off Jean Grey, Cyclops, ect....

It just pisses me off that the movies somewhat ruin comic book continuity.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
I thought the movie was a little to long. The Harvey Dent as two faced felt forced given that it happened towards the end. The joker raised the bar for actors playing villains.
$

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »
I thought the movie was a little to long. The Harvey Dent as two faced felt forced given that it happened towards the end. The joker raised the bar for actors playing villains.

But you knew it had to happen though right?

When I heard Harvey Dent was one of the characters, I knew that Tw-Face was going tobe in the film.

Remember the first Bat-Man movie with Michael Keaton? Harvey Dent was played by that black actor who played Lando Calrisean in the Star Wars movies then Later played by Tommy Lee Jones in the following Bat-Man sequel who played Two-Face?

The pople that made the First Bat-Man movie probably didnt know that Harvey Dent would eventually become Two-Face when they Gave a black man the role as Harvey Dent