Author Topic: 5 reasons FEDOR might be OVERRATED  (Read 8781 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: 5 reasons FEDOR might be OVERRATED
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Did you not understand my post.. I said IYO WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST P4P HW FIGHTER?

Not defend your 5 points of discrediting Fedor. I would rather not argue something that has no point.

Stick to the subject. Easier that way. If my 5 points doesnt interest you, dont click on the thread.

Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2008, 07:58:51 PM »
Stick to the subject. Easier that way. If my 5 points doesnt interest you, dont click on the thread.

Bluto answer the question and give some points. You are saying that Fedor is not the best in the world. I say this because you can't say that the top HW is overrated without implying that he is no longer the best HW in the world... SO WHO IS!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 06:16:23 AM »
Bluto answer the question and give some points. You are saying that Fedor is not the best in the world. I say this because you can't say that the top HW is overrated without implying that he is no longer the best HW in the world... SO WHO IS!

I'm saying this? You got a quote?
Z

Dball

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 08:05:51 AM »
Answer the question.  If you were just playing devil's advocate and really think he is the best, and just decided to get the whole board into an uproar for your amusement and personal agenda, then that's cool, no worries, but we are all dying to know who you think the top fighter is... Fedor or not.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
I've never said he isn't #1, as far as HW rankings goes he is. But that doesn't mean there can't be criticism:

- His 30+ fight record that people throw around to prove his greatness is seriously flawed.
- There's quite a big number of fighters he hasn't fought (including Josh and Randy) and some I'd like to see him fight again (like Semmy)
- His win against Sylvia didn't really prove all that much.
- We don't know how well he would perform in a cage (people thought Crocop was nearly unbeatable before he did)
- Is he a lifetime natural?
- Call me old fashioned but when I see a heavyweight like that, with heavy hands but who never knocks people out - it's a damn shame.

And as far as p4p - maybe it's the quality (or rather lack of)  of the HW division that makes Fedor look so good? How well does it measure up to the other divisons? (Sherdog got Fedor as #3 after Anderson Silva and GSP)
Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »
I've never said he isn't #1, as far as HW rankings goes he is. But that doesn't mean there can't be criticism:

- His 30+ fight record that people throw around to prove his greatness is seriously flawed.
- There's quite a big number of fighters he hasn't fought (including Josh and Randy) and some I'd like to see him fight again (like Semmy)
- His win against Sylvia didn't really prove all that much.
- We don't know how well he would perform in a cage (people thought Crocop was nearly unbeatable before he did)
- Is he a lifetime natural?
- Call me old fashioned but when I see a heavyweight like that, with heavy hands but who never knocks people out - it's a damn shame.

And as far as p4p - maybe it's the quality (or rather lack of)  of the HW division that makes Fedor look so good? How well does it measure up to the other divisons? (Sherdog got Fedor as #3 after Anderson Silva and GSP)

Couture is 16-8. Fedor has fought much better opponents than Couture. If anyone should be criticized it should be Randy Couture. Randy fought big Tim and won by a decision. It took Fedor just 36 seconds to beat Tim, and he made the 2 time UFC heavyweight champ look like a can.

Also, your debate about ring vs. cage? Fedor wins almost all of his fights by submission. The cage would make no difference in his fighting style.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:39 AM »
Couture is 16-8. Fedor has fought much better opponents than Couture. If anyone should be criticized it should be Randy Couture. Randy fought big Tim and won by a decision. It took Fedor just 36 seconds to beat Tim, and he made the 2 time UFC heavyweight champ look like a can.

Also, your debate about ring vs. cage? Fedor wins almost all of his fights by submission. The cage would make no difference in his fighting style.

Tim been beat before quickly. And fighers that Fedor struggled with, others finished either by KO or submission when Fedor couldnt do either.

You claimed yesterday Fedor fought the best and beat them - not true.
Then you say well he would  ::) We dont know unless it happens. I think you need to stop looking at Fedor as his Superman. he isnt.
The ring vs cage was brought up yesterday. It's more to it than suiting someone just because he do submissions.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2008, 12:23:17 PM »
You're still ducking the question. 

If Fedor isn't the best then who is?

He never faced barnett because Josh always derailed himself due to poor conditioning and never made it up the ranks to face Fedor. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »
You're still ducking the question. 

If Fedor isn't the best then who is?

He never faced barnett because Josh always derailed himself due to poor conditioning and never made it up the ranks to face Fedor. 

I aint ducking shit I said he's the #1 ranked hw. Learn to read. Josh was apparantely in good enough condiiton to fight Mark Hunt, Fedors brother, Crocop (three times!), semmy schilt (twice!), Randy couture, nog (twice!) but not fedor eh? he never made it up the ranks??

Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
I aint ducking shit I said he's the #1 ranked hw. Learn to read. Josh was apparantely in good enough condiiton to fight Mark Hunt, Fedors brother, Crocop (three times!), semmy schilt (twice!), Randy couture, nog (twice!) but not fedor eh? he never made it up the ranks??

Cro Cop destroyed Josh 3 times. ;)

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »

Really? so if he was that damn good why wasn't he slated to face Fedor? Barnett is very popular in japan so do you think that Pride would have held him back? He has said several times that his conditioning needs to be improved. He gassed out a few times during his matches by his own admittance. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance but something has always derailed josh on the way up - injury,loss, whatever.

Either way if Barnett can get past Arlovski he will be facing Fedor and this whole pointless debate will be settled.

Lets put it another way
 Fedor is ranked No1 - do you think he deserves that ranking? If not who should be ranked No1?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2008, 01:08:43 PM »
Really? so if he was that damn good why wasn't he slated to face Fedor? Barnett is very popular in japan so do you think that Pride would have held him back? He has said several times that his conditioning needs to be improved. He gassed out a few times during his matches by his own admittance. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance but something has always derailed josh on the way up - injury,loss, whatever.

Didnt I just post a shitload of some of the best fighters ever that Josh fought and yet you say he was derailed on the way up? on the way up there? he faced pretty much everybody but fedor didnt he? you make it sound like he was on a whole different league ?

Josh fought 10 times since 2006, 20 rounds - fedor 5 times, 6 rounds, youre sure it's not fedor that got the conditioning problem  :D

Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2008, 01:23:54 PM »
Didnt I just post a shitload of some of the best fighters ever that Josh fought and yet you say he was derailed on the way up? on the way up there? he faced pretty much everybody but fedor didnt he? you make it sound like he was on a whole different league ?

Josh fought 10 times since 2006, 20 rounds - fedor 5 times, 6 rounds, youre sure it's not fedor that got the conditioning problem  :D

He wasn't derailed by injuries or losses?  If he was so consistent why didn't he get that title shot? What held him back? Lets hear your theory

Maybe Pride was in such awe of barnett that they decided to prevent him from facing Fedor. ::)

As for Fedor being on a different league- maybe you should take your own advice and learn to read.
Where did I say Fedor was better than barnett or vice versa? They never fought so how could that assessment be made?

Still no response huh? Next time use that pea sized grey matter that is your brain before you post the usual rubbish