Author Topic: Obama tells 7 year-old "America is not so great"  (Read 5542 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Obama tells 7 year-old "America is not so great"
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
Isn't Jag canadian?

I always get a kick out of foreigners that think they should tell Americans how to vote and who would make a better leader for us or when our country was better that it is now.......like their countries are so perfect..... ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »
Obama tells 7-year-old America not so great
Responds haltingly to girl who asked why he wants to be president

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 07, 2008
12:46 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Sen. Barack Obama explains why he's running for president to an audience in Elkhart, Ind., yesterday
It's the question every presidential candidate must be prepared to answer, but when it was posed to Barack Obama by a 7-year-old yesterday, the Democratic senator seemed at a loss for words.

Appearing before a packed high school gym in Elkhart, Ind., the young girl asked Obama why he is running for the White House.

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children."

Talk-radio superstar Rush Limbaugh, who featured the clip on his show today, marveled that Obama didn't immediately speak of running because he loves America.

"You're running for president of the U.S., and you run down the country to a 7-year-old?" said an incredulous Limbaugh.

Limbaugh suggested someone should ask Obama to name the period when, in his opinion, America was as it should be.
[/youtube]

Translation = AaaErrrrAAAAeeeeerrrrrrr rr

Damn, he really can't speak without preset questions and teleprompter.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »
So the country was once great, but his wife was not proud of her great country? 

So we're voting for their wives now too?

Which wife has a history of spousal cheating, theft, and drug abuse?

When you bring in obama's wife, you gotta bring in mccain's too.. it gets ugly there

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
When you bring in obama's wife, you gotta bring in mccain's too.. it gets ugly there

We also have to bring in the hypocrisy of Obama.

Let's bring in the spousal debate

Just weeks after Obama played the race card with Bill Clinton, he did an interview with Barbara Walters and said that "spouses should not be brought into this" yada yada and how it was wrong, and his wife has nothing to do with the campaign.

But to the contrary she went on numerous talk shows for Obama speaking on his plans and platform ideas.

Yet he had smeared Bill Clinton.

He is a hypocrite, that thinks America is not great.

240 what time period is Obama talking about, when "America was great"?

Do you believe American is not great, like Obama?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 11:42:32 PM »
Obama apologists will rationalize this, but it really is inconsistent with his wife's anti-American comments. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 01:30:37 AM »
Isn't Jag canadian?

I always get a kick out of foreigners that think they should tell Americans how to vote and who would make a better leader for us or when our country was better that it is now.......like their countries are so perfect..... ::)

Glad I could entertain you chaos, ...and in answer to your question... Yes, I'm Canadian,
...however, the majority of my family is American, so I do have a stake in the issue.

if America goes down the tubes, it sucks Canada in with it, as our economies are very closely tied together.

I've seen the results of bush' misguided policies wreak havoc on many sectors this side of our border,
and quite frankly, I'm not interested in another 4 years of bush.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 04:26:08 AM »
We also have to bring in the hypocrisy of Obama.

Let's bring in the spousal debate

Just weeks after Obama played the race card with Bill Clinton, he did an interview with Barbara Walters and said that "spouses should not be brought into this" yada yada and how it was wrong, and his wife has nothing to do with the campaign.

But to the contrary she went on numerous talk shows for Obama speaking on his plans and platform ideas.

Yet he had smeared Bill Clinton.

He is a hypocrite, that thinks America is not great.

240 what time period is Obama talking about, when "America was great"?

Do you believe American is not great, like Obama?

I didnt know it was a black or white thing--- either it's great, or it's not.

America has always been a great nation.  Was she greater in 1800, before the evil fingers of foreign exploration for oil, the slaughter of the Indians, the purge of Tripoli, and the advent of the federal reserve?

Yes.  Only a blind fool in denial would tell you otherwise.

She's always been great, and always will be.  However, things are never 100% stable.  There will be sad periods in every nation's history.  Bush admin is one of them.  They let 911 happen.  That's not great.  They lied to us about Iraq.  That's not great.  They borrowed $5 tril from China.  That's not great.

You can still be great while a few people are doing some seriously fcked up things.  You can vote for a future where those kinds of lies and crimes don't happen.  Then, she will become a greater nation.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 06:03:32 AM »
I guess anyone who says things aren't 100% hunky dory hates the USA, huh?

That's the Neoconservative mentality.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 08:24:35 AM »

if America goes down the tubes, it sucks Canada in with it, as our economies are very closely tied together.

Your already down the tubes, your economy sunk long ago

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

$1 USD  = $1.0678 CAD

:-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 11:51:06 AM »
$1 USD  = $1.0678 CAD

:-\
lol, I guess their jobless count that came out today has no meaning for you? highest in 17 years.

hah the currency against the USD fell .0040 today that is a big fall

Seriously, I hope your joking cause if you measure a country by their currency value, your economics professor did you no justice. Currency is weighted from several factors, and is one of the most volatile income markets.

Canadian has had such a dragging economy, they are 50% less than Brazil, and their G8 status is rapidly diminishing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »
lol, I guess their jobless count that came out today has no meaning for you? highest in 17 years.
hah the currency against the USD fell .0040 today that is a big fall
Seriously, I hope your joking cause if you measure a country by their currency value, your economics professor did you no justice. Currency is weighted from several factors, and is one of the most volatile income markets.
Canadian has had such a dragging economy, they are 50% less than Brazil, and their G8 status is rapidly diminishing.

What I'm saying is, we're sitting in a green dumpster making fun of their brown dumpster.

We're pushing our shopping cart to the Salvation army, cracking on the shoes of the homeless guy next to us.

Our dollar has lost 41% of its value against the Euro since 2001.  Somehow making fun of a nation of frosty potheads doesn't make the dollar loss any less painful.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »
What I'm saying is, we're sitting in a green dumpster making fun of their brown dumpster.

We're pushing our shopping cart to the Salvation army, cracking on the shoes of the homeless guy next to us.

Our dollar has lost 41% of its value against the Euro since 2001.  Somehow making fun of a nation of frosty potheads doesn't make the dollar loss any less painful.

Alright then.

lol, oh yes it does.

Southpark Canada on strike

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
What a provocative story this is.

Did Obama really say that this country could be better?

How does that sentiment jibe with his wife's statement about her feelings for her country?

If these things matter to you, you have too much time on your hands.

Talk about much ado about nothing.

Talk about the issues for crissakes...this kind of crap is just gossip for old hens.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
What a provocative story this is.

Did Obama really say that this country could be better?

How does that sentiment jibe with his wife's statement about her feelings for her country?

If these things matter to you, you have too much time on your hands.

Talk about much ado about nothing.

Talk about the issues for crissakes...this kind of crap is just gossip for old hens.

He said his country was once great.  How does he reconcile that statement with his wife's contention that she was never proud of her country? 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
Honest politicians are like bigfoot, rumored to exist, but never found.

LOL!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 05:08:14 PM »
He said his country was once great.  How does he reconcile that statement with his wife's contention that she was never proud of her country? 

Can greatness vary?  Absolutely.

Was the Roman empire "greater" at some points than it was at others?  Of course?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »

That's why Canada turned out better numbers than the USA, ...infact better than all the G8 nations.   ::)

Republicans really do take pride in being ignorant
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »
Alright then.

lol, oh yes it does.

Southpark Canada on strike

HONK!

Suck my Canadian balls!
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
That's why Canada turned out better numbers than the USA, ...infact better than all the G8 nations.   ::)

Republicans really do take pride in being ignorant

Liberals really do take pride in being delusional. America's economy despite the recent problems, is still far and away the best economy on earth by a mile in terms of GDP, wealth, etc. Americas economy is also ranked as the worlds most competitive economy by the World Economic Forum, GDP growth is still at 2.5% ( a full percent higher than the european average) and with 5% of the worlds population America has generated between 20-30% of the worlds output every year for the last 125 years.   WTF numbers did Canada release exactly? They multiplied the amount of people who watch curling live by 100 trillion and put a dollar sign in front of it to disguise its GDP? Canada exports nothing but oil and frostbite and has a welfare state similar to the disasters in europe. Unless you want to include Hockey as an industry or maybe lumber and compare that to other G8 countries, where exactly are these numbers that fare better than all the other G8 nations coming from?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
Obama tells 7-year-old America not so great
Responds haltingly to girl who asked why he wants to be president

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: August 07, 2008
12:46 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Sen. Barack Obama explains why he's running for president to an audience in Elkhart, Ind., yesterday
It's the question every presidential candidate must be prepared to answer, but when it was posed to Barack Obama by a 7-year-old yesterday, the Democratic senator seemed at a loss for words.

Appearing before a packed high school gym in Elkhart, Ind., the young girl asked Obama why he is running for the White House.

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children."

Talk-radio superstar Rush Limbaugh, who featured the clip on his show today, marveled that Obama didn't immediately speak of running because he loves America.

"You're running for president of the U.S., and you run down the country to a 7-year-old?" said an incredulous Limbaugh.

Limbaugh suggested someone should ask Obama to name the period when, in his opinion, America was as it should be.
[/youtube]

This asshole, traitor, treasonous POFS just cant resist can he?