Author Topic: I Want To Hear Everyones Training Philosophy.......  (Read 12230 times)

Stockist

• Getbig II
Re: I Want To Hear Everyones Training Philosophy.......
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »
My training philosophy..............

1. Wear an ipod
2. Mean mug everyone in the gym, so they all know you're baddest motherfucka.
3. Grunt very loudly
4. Use the phrase "not now bro, I'm in the fuckin zone" if anyone tries to talk to you.  (this wont be necessary if #2 has been done right)
5. Walk around with my arms flared out so everyone knows I'm freakin swole.

Oh and once a week take 10 minutes to listen to Coach/random old guy tell me how big and strong he used to be.  :P

I just spat out a mouthful of lunch on my keyboard - that's simply gold!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »
This approach can't work with everyone but prepare hours in advance for your mental zone regardless of a set time, this would be different times on different days that way you go when you will do the most damage not when its 7 o'clock because thats your scheduled time.

Don't let the novalty of your standards ware down, if the workout ain't 100% don't bother that way you make sure you bring your A game for next time.

Remember the battle is not won on the field in war its won by your preperation leading up to the battle, so in gym words what you do before you step up to gym is where your cashing in.

ONETIMEHARD 8)

Alex23

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
Don't do the same thing forever.

High Five.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »

Remember the battle is not won on the field in war its won by your preperation leading up to the battle, so in gym words what you do before you step up to gym is where your cashing in.

ONETIMEHARD 8)

Wow! Sun Tzu? Hardcore advice man.
☠ Order of Nephilim

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »
This approach can't work with everyone but prepare hours in advance for your mental zone regardless of a set time, this would be different times on different days that way you go when you will do the most damage not when its 7 o'clock because thats your scheduled time.

Don't let the novalty of your standards ware down, if the workout ain't 100% don't bother that way you make sure you bring your A game for next time.

ONETIMEHARD 8)

I agree.
I like to get a blowjob from my wife before I go to the gym and save the sex for after, it saves energy that way I can still train with full intensity  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 08:19:41 PM »
"if your not even a little bit afraid of the weight your about to move, your probably not lifting enough weight"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »
I think alot of you are missing the premis of the thread. I see alot of what you guys do (and I'm not saying it's bad or good) I just want to know WHY it's being done that way.
Oh nonsense. We know the premise of the thread...we also know you, and that you are soliciting our training philosophy with the same enthusiasm as you would our political orientation. Hence the sarcasm.  :-X

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
Being in my my mid 40's and on no anabolics, I have come up with a system that gives enough intensity to progress but avoids the overproduction of cortisol which I've found lowers my testosterone levels. I train in 3 week cycles. Week 1 is heavy, high intensity about 3 sets per exercise and 3 to 4 exercises per bodypart. Week 2 is the most intense of the cycle and borders on overtraining: 4 sets heavy per exercise with some drop sets and other intensity amplifying techniques..around 16 sets per bodypart. Week 3 brings down the intensity level but ups the rep range to 15 to 20, maintaining the muscle but not overly stressing the adrenals. I've found after several high intensity weeks in a row, my libido starts to decline signifying a drop in test levels. By only doing 2 weeks consecutive high intensity followed by a 3rd week of lighter training, my test levels stay high. After 3 or 4 months of this I take a full week off. This keeps my joints from being overly inflamed as well. Seems to be working well.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 09:08:27 PM »
Volume training with lots of steroids.

The Coach

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 09:09:55 PM »
If you cant answer the question just say so. And no, very few and that includes you, knows what I'm referring to. The only one that came close was "Bluedevil" (or whatever) and Devon 97. Again, I'm seeing a trend on this board reguarding training philosophies.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
If you cant answer the question just say so. And no, very few and that includes you, knows what I'm referring to. The only one that came close was "Bluedevil" (or whatever) and Devon 97. Again, I'm seeing a trend on this board reguarding training philosophies.

I hear ya on the trends....
I'm seeing one regarding spelling.
 ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »
Lift heavy shit, eat lots of food.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
Lift heavy shit, eat lots of food.

R u suggesting this shiz isnt rocket science?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
R u suggesting this shiz isnt rocket science?
It can be if you make it..........but why?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008, 09:21:19 PM »
I thought I expressed my philosophy pretty well in my post, but to reiterate. Traing while "on" something and being clean require different methods especially if you're in you're 40's. If you're natural  you need to stimulate the muscle intensely enough to cause  a breakdown/repair cycle to occur. The same training that causes this can eventually overtax the adrenal leading to excessive cortisol production which lowers anabolic hormones in the body. High rep, lower intensity training can maintain the muscle size without causing a lot of cortisol production..thus my system consists of 2 weeks high intensity heavy traing with 1 week of high rep, lower intensity training. If one is on steroids, obviously overtraining isn't as much of a concern.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 09:23:57 PM »
It can be if you make it..........but why?

Because then u can show people how smart you are..... so what if ur still scrawny, you made it complicated!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »
1.  Understand the body works best as a whole and not "isolated."
2.  Recovery, recovery, recovery.
3.  Destroy your comfort level in at least half your workouts.
4.  Do the exercises right and take your ego out of the equation while still striving for new personal bests.
5.  No shame in having an exaggerated body part.. Tom Platz is my hero.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
"High-Intensity"-the name of the game !!

Alex23

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
5.  No shame in having an exaggerated body part..

That's what she said.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 04:24:32 AM »
zen:

when I'm in the gym I am in the gym, when I eat, I eat, when I sleep, I sleep.

Never been happier, never been bigger, never been more passionate!

Moosejay

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 04:29:35 AM »
I know a kid who works on a farm. Never touched a weight nor seen a gym...no training philosophy.

Looks like he lifts.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »
Whole upper body worked hard and fast over 50mins. 6-8 sets (over 2 exercises per bodypart supersetting opposite muscle groups - Chest/Back) for all major muscles and just 3 sets for Tri's and 3 sets for Bi's. Heavy as I can go for 12-15 reps (to failure), then rest for 3-4 days and repeat. I run every 2-3 days (5 miles) and as my legs are by far my easiest bodypart to grow, they don't need ANYTHING else  ;D

Diet = low carbs all week (with small portion at evening meal) then eat whatever the hell I like at weekends.

RESULT after 25 yrs? I'm 212 pounds at 6 foot even and lean enough (whole body vascularity and serratus cut). 48 inch chest, 17.5 inch arms, 30 inch waist and 26inch thighs ....

Why do any more???

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 05:38:25 AM »
serious question here...

is it good to train different each time around???

i mean

never do the same exercises, just do the ones you feel like during a work out...

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
1000 mg of test, loads of hgh and burger king...