Author Topic: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'  (Read 17789 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Maher: 'I Don't Trust Americans...They're Just Too F***ing Dumb!'
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »
yes but why did he win? In all honesty you believe he was the most qualified dem to get the nod? Again if this man was a white male politician he wouldnt have even been in the race. I know thats a harsh thing to say but in all reality its probably true. Hilary was much more qualified and much more electable than obama if she had gotten the nod this wouldnt be much of a race and if obama had chose her as VP like his dumb ass should have this would be a landslide.

Since when do the voters choose the "most qualified"?

He is the candidate because he won the most delegates - period. 

Theories about his race (i.e. he won BECAUSe he was black) are ridiculous (no offense)

If qualifications were the issue then we would just develop a test and the person with the highest score would win (and it would probably still be Obama)

He is the candidate because the majority of voters decided he appeared to be the best of the group to lead our country.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »
you didnt answer my question you think if he was a white politician he would have won?

that's something that has been debated.  I don't know.  He and john edwards had remarkably smiliar records, positions, etc.  

There were a LOT of people - who admitted on CNN even - that refused to vote obama because he was black.  That appalacian strip.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 09:07:10 PM »
simple - I have two basic choices:

McCAin:  clueless old man who has sold out everything he's claimed to believe in order to win the nomination.  A man who is more of the problem than the solution.  A man who has demonstrated repeatedly that he doesn't even understand the challenges we are facing as a nation, much less how to solve them.   A man who will pander to people he once called agents of intolerance.  A man who will lie repeatedly and attempt to insult my intelligence on a daily basis (i.e. the fundamentals = the American worker), etc.....

or

Obama:  A guy who I think is really smart, basically sincere in his beliefs and in his attempt to express those beliefs to the American People and a person who I am in agreement with on many social, economic and geo-political topics.  
LOL wow ok so obama wont pander to the left? obama hasnt insulted americans? obama understands the economy? and threats against national security?

Both these guys smell like shit to me i think its more of who you believe will serve your best intrest imho.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »
Since when to voters choose the "most qualified"?

He is the candidate because he won the most delegates - period. 

Theories about his race (i.e. he won BECAUSe he was black) are ridiculous (no offense)

If qualifications were the issue then we would just develop a test and the person with the highest score would win (and it would probably still be Obama)

He is the candidate because the majority of voters decided he appeared to be the best of the group to lead our country.

I can agree on that but you should get your palin hating buddies to slack off then.
that's something that has been debated.  I don't know.  He and john edwards had remarkably smiliar records, positions, etc.  

There were a LOT of people - who admitted on CNN even - that refused to vote obama because he was black.  That appalacian strip.
LOL well you can dance around the answer all you want you know what it is and im sure the same can be said about ppl and mccain b/c he is white.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »
LOL wow ok so obama wont pander to the left? obama hasnt insulted americans? obama understands the economy? and threats against national security?

Both these guys smell like shit to me i think its more of who you believe will serve your best intrest imho.

to answer your questions:

1.  maybe a bit but probably not enough to bother me
2.  No
3.  Better than my other choice
4.  Better than my other choice

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 09:11:02 PM »
I bet you over 50% of Americans wouldn't be able to name the Federal Reserve chairman.

Enough said.

yes but why did he win? In all honesty you believe he was the most qualified dem to get the nod? Again if this man was a white male politician he wouldnt have even been in the race. I know thats a harsh thing to say but in all reality its probably true. Hilary was much more qualified and much more electable than obama if she had gotten the nod this wouldnt be much of a race and if obama had chose her as VP like his dumb ass should have this would be a landslide.

He earned the nomination by going through a grueling political battle with Hillary. And how do you know that if he were white he wouldn't have been in the race? LOL He could have been white and campaigned just as brilliantly. He could have still had the same great academic credentials, experience in different fields as he does as a black guy. Of course the fact that he's black weighs as a factor, but so does the being a success story because he was raised in a single family household, and that's a perfectly fair strength to seek in any person, let alone candidate.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »
I can agree on that but you should get your palin hating buddies to slack off then.

what exactly do you suggest I do.  BTW - I can't stand Palin either but I try not to pollute the board with most of my real feelings about her

LOL well you can dance around the answer all you want you know what it is and im sure the same can be said about ppl and mccain b/c he is white.

Anyone who votes solely on race is stupid

I couldn't give a rats ass about the race of either candidate

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »

The objective is to choose between the lesser of the two evils.. That's politics for you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
what exactly do you suggest I do.  BTW - I can't stand Palin either but I try not to pollute the board my most of my thoughts

Anyone who votes solely on race is stupid

I couldn't give a rats ass about the race of either candidate
it was a joke bro calm down...

i agree but you know as well as i do there are ppl out there black and white that do this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
well you can dance around the answer all you want you know what it is and im sure the same can be said about ppl and mccain b/c he is white.

I'm not dancing.  If he looked like John Edwards, and spoke like Obama... holy shit, he would have destoryed hilary, wouldn't he have?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
I'm not dancing.  If he looked like John Edwards, and spoke like Obama... holy shit, he would have destoryed hilary, wouldn't he have?
probably so i never really like john edwards he always seemed fake to me more so than the normal politician. Hilary was the choice that should have been made the party should have realized this and picked her.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
it was a joke bro calm down...

i agree but you know as well as i do there are ppl out there black and white that do this.

no worries man.  I'm totally calm.

This board is a means of entertainment and distraction

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 05:28:42 AM »
The world was whispering it in 2000. They printed it in 2004, and now they're yelling it from the rooftops in 2008

The "world" can whisper, print, and yell all it wants. Americans (NOT Canadians, Brits, Europeans, or anyone else) will decide who the AMERICAN president will be.

As for Maher's bone-headed comments, there ain't no anchor tied to his butt. He can pack his luggage and leave, if he doesn't like our "dumb" country. Hollywood liberals always run off at the mouth about leaving, when their left-winged candidates get beat; only to stay their cynical behinds in our "dumb" country.

Unfortunately, if Obama loses, Maher (and like-minded screwball liberals) ain't going nowhere; they'll just cry like spoiled nap-deprived brats. These Hollywood types, who are allegedly so enlightened, don't seem to get  that most Americans DO NOT CARE about their political musings.

Of course, they rarely bring up the question as to why, if they're so much smarter, why they can't produce a candidate that can handily get the job done. The two guys that ran against Bush LOST; and Obama is in a neck-and-neck battle with McCain, despite the issues with Iraq and the economy (two of the very issues that were supposed to spell the end for "W").

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2008, 06:57:04 AM »
The "world" can whisper, print, and yell all it wants. Americans (NOT Canadians, Brits, Europeans, or anyone else) will decide who the AMERICAN president will be.

And that's why Maher doesn't trust 'em.

As for Maher's bone-headed comments, there ain't no anchor tied to his butt. He can pack his luggage and leave, if he doesn't like our "dumb" country. Hollywood liberals always run off at the mouth about leaving, when their left-winged candidates get beat; only to stay their cynical behinds in our "dumb" country.

Unfortunately, if Obama loses, Maher (and like-minded screwball liberals) ain't going nowhere; they'll just cry like spoiled nap-deprived brats. These Hollywood types, who are allegedly so enlightened, don't seem to get  that most Americans DO NOT CARE about their political musings.

Hollywood types can handle the crap, ...they're rich.  It's the morons who'll be paying the price.

Of course, they rarely bring up the question as to why, if they're so much smarter, why they can't produce a candidate that can handily get the job done. The two guys that ran against Bush LOST; and Obama is in a neck-and-neck battle with McCain, despite the issues with Iraq and the economy (two of the very issues that were supposed to spell the end for "W").

It's very simple. Democrats appeal to a constituents intelligence. Republicans appeal to a constituents ignorance.
There are far more ignoramusses than there those with common sense, let alone intelligence. A smart person can't dumb it down no matter how much they try, just as a moron can't suddenly develop critical thinking skills.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
Ok Jag...mantra's of hope and change over substance. People fainting at campaign rallies like it was church or something. That really appeals to intellect. U really ahve no clue how our government works do u. Liberals have always appealed to the heart strings, getting people to vote with emotion, rather then the brain.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 07:07:48 AM »
Ok Jag...mantra's of hope and change over substance. People fainting at campaign rallies like it was church or something. That really appeals to intellect. U really ahve no clue how our government works do u. Liberals have always appealed to the heart strings, getting people to vote with emotion, rather then the brain.

That's what all campaigns do (commercial advertising too). 

Funny how you single it out by attaching it only to liberals.  lol

On the change over substance jab.....  if the role were reversed that what the conservatives would be doing.  "CHANGE"  is what people want.  whether it be conservative or liberal.  CHANGE  is a BUZZ word that effective for this campaign.  Nothing more. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 07:26:57 AM »
And that's why Maher doesn't trust 'em.

Hollywood types can handle the crap, ...they're rich.  It's the morons who'll be paying the price.

It's very simple. Democrats appeal to a constituents intelligence. Republicans appeal to a constituents ignorance.
There are far more ignoramusses than there those with common sense, let alone intelligence. A smart person can't dumb it down no matter how much they try, just as a moron can't suddenly develop critical thinking skills.

One, Maher’s an American, which effectively means that he’s calling himself “f*^@*(@ dumb”.

Two, if he doesn’t want to be an American or live in this country, he can take a hike (and I’m sure there are plenty of Americans that will help him pack).

Three, your response is little more than the immature, spoiled-brat response liberals give, when they back the wrong horse. Given that:

- Until 2006, the Dems had been on a four-election losing streak (in addition to losses in '94 and '96, except for Clinton's second term).
- Only two Democrats have been president in the last 40 years
- Only one of those two president got re-elected; the other got KILLED in his re-election bid.
- Despite the "good old days" of the Clinton administration, Al Gore LOST to our current president, George Bush.
- The economy and Iraq were supposed to be Bush's undoing in 2004; he got re-elected.
- The economy and Iraq are/were supposed to spell a convincing victory for whoever is the Dem nominee (in this case, Obama). To date, Obama is in a tooth-and-nail, knockdown, drag-out fight with McCain.

for you to talk about Democrats and intelligence, is rather silly. It's not about intelligence vs. ignorance. It's about worldview, plain and simple. By now, the Great White North should be FILLED with American liberals, who whine, complain, and threaten to leave, every time they get beat. Some of us wish they would actually walk the walk and get to walkin'.

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »
It is blind ignorant racism which will prevent Obama being voted in. Mind you, it is only recently that apartheid was abolished is the USA, they weren't far ahead of South Africa in that respect. I suppose you can't blame your typical American for looking at Blacks as a sub human class of people, I mean even in the 1960's Cassius Clay had to eat in the Black section of the restraunts. The though of a black man being president must be making most mullet wearing stars and stripes wavers choke on their sister's titties.

Blacks could never be racist tho right?

I would love to meet Maher on a dark street.

And why is no one talking about the majority of black people are voting for Obama jus because he is black.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:46 AM »
Blacks could never be racist tho right?

I would love to meet Maher on a dark street.

And why is no one talking about the majority of black people are voting for Obama jus because he is black.

Probably because that's not what is taking place!   NEXT!
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
Jag they've polled, 97% of Blacks are voting for him because he's black.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
Really? Jesse Jackson didn't get that kind of support, neither did Alan Keyes. How did he get so lucky?  ::)
w

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »
So wat your saying whites are dumb and are voting by skin color.

And blacks are not.

Do you get assistance when you breathe, because you are far to dumb to remember to take a breath on your own.

I no alot of black people who no nothing about politics and have never voted. But now they are gonna vote because he is black. And I have no doubt it is like that all around the country. Jus like I am sure there are plenty of white people who no nothing of politics but will vote jus to keep a black man out.

Get ur head out of ur ass.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 07:55:49 AM »
Obama is the only viable Black candidate thats had half a chance...and the only one nominated. I guess u went to the same history classes as Joe Biden. Where "Roosevelt went on TV, after the stock market crash of 1929......" Well it was Hoover and I would bet there weren't any TV's.
L

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »
Probably because that's not what is taking place!   NEXT!

Maybe it is; maybe it isn’t. But, considering that 90% of the black vote would have gone to whoever emerged as the Democratic front-runner, it doesn’t make that big of a difference.

The fact that Obama is black may bring more voters to the polls, this time around. As I remember, black voters weren't quite as numerous in 2004 as they were in 2000.

Really? Jesse Jackson didn't get that kind of support, neither did Alan Keyes. How did he get so lucky?  ::)

That’s because neither Jackson nor Keyes got to the “finals”. Or did you forget that Obama is the FIRST black man to headline a major party ticket.

The Coach

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »
It is blind ignorant racism which will prevent Obama being voted in. Mind you, it is only recently that apartheid was abolished is the USA, they weren't far ahead of South Africa in that respect. I suppose you can't blame your typical American for looking at Blacks as a sub human class of people, I mean even in the 1960's Cassius Clay had to eat in the Black section of the restraunts. The though of a black man being president must be making most mullet wearing stars and stripes wavers choke on their sister's titties.

Yep....I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Hey Jimmy, dispite what you might think, it's NOT his color that will prevent him from getting elected, it's his views....he's too far left, too liberal and he's a socialist. Doesn't mix well with people who actually don't want to rely on the government to support them.