Author Topic: Joe The Plumber  (Read 6822 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Joe The Plumber
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:44:37 AM »
seriously, with the problems we're facing, his theme for the debate is a plummer who's making 250,000+ a year :-\  LOL WTF...

He's a guy that owns his own business.

The statements you're making boil down to envy and resentment towards those that have more than you because they're successful.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:42 AM »
He overcharges?

You know this to be fact?

key on, "would be interesting to check that out" which obviously states I don't know that for a fact.  Even though many plumbers do overcharge, I'm just fucking around with that statement.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:54:54 AM »

The statements you're making boil down to envy and resentment towards those that have more than you because they're successful.

::) no

and I guess the guy is looking to buy the business and changed his mind because of Obama, which is stupid as fuck.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 04:05:44 AM »

Yeah anyone and their brother can "own" their own construction business or trade business.  Not that hard buddy.  They are a dime a dozen just go up to kinkos print out some business cards and slap a sign on your van and preso!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 04:51:26 AM »
OOOHHHH!!

Joe the Plumber exposed!!!

Ok, under Obama he will only pay the higher tax on what he makes over 250,000.  Which means for this to be an issue for him he would have to be making well over 250,000...  If he can't figure out a plumbing business while he's pulling in that kind of cash... lol...  That's right, so if he's making 260,000, this tax increase for him is small.  and so Obama is the deciding factor of why he can't buy the business?  gotta call BS...

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 05:41:20 AM »
OOOHHHH!!

Ok, under Obama he will only pay the higher tax on what he makes over 250,000.  Which means for this to be an issue for him he would have to be making well over 250,000...  If he can't figure out a plumbing business while he's pulling in that kind of cash... lol...  That's right, so if he's making 260,000, this tax increase for him is small.  and so Obama is the deciding factor of why he can't buy the business?  gotta call BS...

So you basically tell him not to make more money? Halt in the same spot? Or do you rather make him setup a skeleton company to spread the income between the two?

Great incentives from Hussein  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 05:50:16 AM »
So you basically tell him not to make more money? Halt in the same spot? Or do you rather make him setup a skeleton company to spread the income between the two?

Great incentives from Hussein  ::)
how does that tell him to not make more money?  you make it sound like a brick wall and Joe is a turtle trying to get to the other side.  Can you make the case that it's that kind of hurtle?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 06:42:42 AM »
OOOHHHH!!

Oh no, ...not plumber's cleavage!   :o

pssst: - you managed to correct your spelling of plumber, ...but it's hurdle, ...not hurtle.  :-[
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 06:49:48 AM »
Oh no, ...not plumber's cleavage!   :o

pssst: - you managed to correct your spelling of plumber, ...but it's hurdle, ...not hurtle.  :-[
it's been a really long day for me.  I mean really long, behind on a bunch of work and just been posting real quick on breaks.  I'm crosseyed right now. but yea, I'm not the world's best speller anyway so I'm sure it's showing now ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:36 AM »
it's been a really long day for me.  I mean really long, behind on a bunch of work and just been posting real quick on breaks.  I'm crosseyed right now. but yea, I'm not the world's best speller anyway so I'm sure it's showing now ;D

{LOL} A long day?  :o  Dude, ...it's what... 7am in Colorado right now?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:39 AM »

If he owns the business, and can make 250K or more he should be able, with a good accountant, do what ever he wants.

He could get around what ever he thinks is going to a problem.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
{LOL} A long day?  :o  Dude, ...it's what... 7am in Colorado right now?
and?

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »
So... how long before the media tracks down "Joe" for his opinion on the debate.

He's famous now.

I wonder how much weight his opinion will carry?

Joe the plumber was hired by the Republicans. I find it a little odd the media went to "Joe the Plumber's" home after the debate at wee hours in the morning and Joe was setting on the couch drinking a Budweiser. So, "Joe the Plumber" is also "Joe six pack." Look at Joe's home, I don't think Joe can afford to buy a business that does $275,000 per year.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:27 AM »
how does that tell him to not make more money?  you make it sound like a brick wall and Joe is a turtle trying to get to the other side.  Can you make the case that it's that kind of hurtle?

Because the new plan tells hims that once he reach 250K he will work harder (to make more money than 250K) for less reward (due to more taxes).

So he will either be content and won't try to, thus inhibiting growth of small businesses or he will try to do some IRS scam like creating a shell company, and who can blame him?

BTW when you all cry on how some huge companies might get tax benefits here and there, trust me I don't like them anymore than you. But you have to remember that a large company can always move and leave only the truly minimum of people under US laws. Do you really think other governments won't welcome a company like Exxon with open arms and tax benefits? Its a huge income to them even after the benefits.
So you gotta understand that this is a game of fine tuning and you can't be all about "public justice" at times.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
I just heard on the radio that joe the plummer wasn't talking about netting 250K from his business.

So basically the whole Joe the Plummer thing was a waste of time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 08:30:30 AM »
I just heard on the radio that joe the plummer wasn't talking about netting 250K from his business.

lol

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

The Mccains got some free advertising for Budweiser.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
I bet Joe the plummer wouldn't be in that bracket if he didn't overcharge ;D  would be interesting to check that out.  Quite a few plummers are scammers.  They really love to stiff you when they know you don't have time to call around for quotes with a busted pipe flooding your house.

Yeah, the good commie you are expects everyone to work for free and give everything back tot he federal rat hole to pay for deadbeats who are lazy. 

You have no idea what the costs are of running a plumbing business.  Workers Comp, Liability, Payroll, etc etc. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »
Yeah, the good commie you are expects everyone to work for free and give everything back tot he federal rat hole to pay for deadbeats who are lazy. 

You have no idea what the costs are of running a plumbing business.  Workers Comp, Liability, Payroll, etc etc. 

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2008, 07:10:43 AM »
Why are you guys still talking about this?

the guy doesn't make 250K  and frankly if he owned plumbing business and that produced a 250K net/net profit he wouldn't care that much if he had to pay a little extra taxes versus last year when he didn't own a business.

This argument is fvcking stupid.

And Joe is a jackass.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:45 AM »

the guy doesn't make 250K  and frankly if he owned plumbing business and that produced a 250K net/net profit he wouldn't care that much if he had to pay a little extra taxes versus last year when he didn't own a business.

And Joe is a jackass.

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »
Joe The Plumber has been more vetted than Palin and given more media interviews as well.

Maybe Mccain should put him on the ticket.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »

And Joe is a jackass.

I concur.

Anyone with a brain would rather earn $250k then some $60k regardless of tax. Plus, the guy had issues paying his own taxes before, so surely any business he might buy that would net $250,000 annual profit, would be selling for at least that, if not triple or so. Hard to believe he has 1/2 mill hanging around or ability to obtain that credit but could not pay his taxes.

Whole point is so moot and ghey.

Joe The Plumber has been more vetted than Palin and given more media interviews as well.

Maybe Mccain should put him on the ticket.

;D!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2008, 08:04:54 AM »
Again, what does his position in life have to do with the question? Are you saying that questions are only valid when they come from the right person? Hilarious concept. LOL. I'm sure some scientists would love to know that. We'd be living in the stone age still.