Author Topic: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom  (Read 6660 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
In south FL, there is a problem with home invasions.  Having a deadbolt doesn't matter if the guy just throws a brick thru your window and kicks his way in.  You have about 3 seconds to "dial 911 and scream", or draw your gun and empty it into whatever shape comes thru your bedroom door.

Decker, you respect the right of people to protect themselves at home, don't you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
In south FL, there is a problem with home invasions.  Having a deadbolt doesn't matter if the guy just throws a brick thru your window and kicks his way in.  You have about 3 seconds to "dial 911 and scream", or draw your gun and empty it into whatever shape comes thru your bedroom door.

Decker, you respect the right of people to protect themselves at home, don't you?
exactly and even if you happen to get a call of to 911 your still screwed b/c at best you gotta fend off the intruder for a few mins.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
exactly and even if you happen to get a call of to 911 your still screwed b/c at best you gotta fend off the intruder for a few mins.

I think 11 minutes is average police response time.

yesterday there was an elderly woman wandering my street, and I called 911 for her.  They took maybe 10 minutes to arrive.  I know a dried out alzheimer's patient might not be a major emergency, but you'd think they'd get here a little quicker.  I can drive to the police station myself in 3 minutes, yet it took them 10 to get someone there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 05:00:55 PM »
I think 11 minutes is average police response time.

yesterday there was an elderly woman wandering my street, and I called 911 for her.  They took maybe 10 minutes to arrive.  I know a dried out alzheimer's patient might not be a major emergency, but you'd think they'd get here a little quicker.  I can drive to the police station myself in 3 minutes, yet it took them 10 to get someone there.
Ya its a little disturbing when you actually think about it

LOL in ten minutes the intruder could kill you steal some shit and run off.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »
Ya its a little disturbing when you actually think about it

LOL in ten minutes the intruder could kill you steal some shit and run off.

Yep.  And people still cling to their cell phones like it'll save their asses.  You can scream into a home line and at least they have an address.  What good does it do, when you're in traffic getting pistolwhipped and you call 911?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »
I have both deadbolts and 2 big dogs.....I would prefer my shotgun. Buckshot the clear the hallway and put em down and then slugs to finish em off....fuck em. I don't live in a bad neighborhood and am not worried about this crap.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

How many burglaries go down that way 240?  How many people don't adequately fortify their homes with bars and locks?

I have no problem with other people living with what makes them comfortable.  You want to be armed, be armed.  If you feel that your house is safer with a gun then so be it.

The "door kick" method is being used by criminals more often to burglarize homes than other methods, but residents can take steps to help protect their homes, Reno Police say.   http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=576&recordid=2338

A couple of deadbolts or a bar throught the door frame would make these types of burglaries not possible.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
How many burglaries go down that way 240?  How many people don't adequately fortify their homes with bars and locks?

Do you have bars in every window in your home?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »
We could what if this to death....the point is that Barry better not move on our guns nor require us to register ammo....My weapons are registered and legal but my ammo is  bit sketchy. Anyway hands off Barry!!!!
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »

HUGO, you're a &^^&%^R^%$%%$$%&^%%^$!!!!!!!

I usually agree with most everything you say vis-a-vis politics.
It's remarkable how in synch our opinions are, ...but when you make a post that has me agreeing such posters like Cap, 333386 or Hereford, and disagreeing with Decker, well, ...it just makes me feel dirty.  :'( 

I'm off to take a shower.

The 2nd Amendment is number 2 for a reason.  Freedom of speech and assembly is the 1st in the bill of rights for a reason.

Anyone who advocates for strong gun control really needs their heads examined and are no different than anyone who favors strong regulation fo the first amendment. 

You liberal anti-gun people dont realize that the politicians want to ban guns because that is their easiet method of controlling the populace.

Banning guns really worked for the jews in germany didn't it???

Banning guns really works for the poor peasants in communist countries????

Thank God for the NRA. 

w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2008, 05:03:42 AM »

It's remarkable how in synch our opinions are, ...but when you make a post that has me agreeing such posters like Cap, 333386 or Hereford, and disagreeing with Decker, well, ...it just makes me feel dirty.  :'( 

So, you agree with the other 9 amendments in the Bill of rights but not Number 2????  How does that work?

You liberals are amazing, you invent "rights" that do not exist in the constitution, yet ignore those that are actually in writing.

The Second Amendment has many important functions in society beyond "Hunting" and if you took more than five minutes to review it, you would see what I was talking about.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »

So, you agree with the other 9 amendments in the Bill of rights but not Number 2????  How does that work?

You liberals are amazing, you invent "rights" that do not exist in the constitution, yet ignore those that are actually in writing.

The Second Amendment has many important functions in society beyond "Hunting" and if you took more than five minutes to review it, you would see what I was talking about.

LOL, you might want to re-read Jag's post.  We're both stongly for the 2nd.  enjoy :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:26 AM »
Do you have bars in every window in your home?

Only the basement windows.  I'd pop a bowl of corn and laugh at any burlar trying to kick in my casement windows on the first floor.

That shit only happens in the movies.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »

Relax my nubian princess.  I don't begrudge anyone the right to arm themselves within reason.  I don't do it as a matter of personal choice.

I'm merely pointing out that many of these rape/robbery scenarios profligated by gun proponents are straw arguments.  Kicking down an oak door?  Not likely.  Kicking in double pained casement windows?  I don't think so.  Fortified homes are safe homes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:22 AM »
LOL, you might want to re-read Jag's post.  We're both stongly for the 2nd.  enjoy :)

My mistake.  

However, I dont think just because we disagree on most issues that we have to disagree on all issues.

To me, the 2nd Amendment is as important as all the others.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 06:53:33 AM »
Relax my nubian princess.  I don't begrudge anyone the right to arm themselves within reason.  I don't do it as a matter of personal choice.

I'm merely pointing out that many of these rape/robbery scenarios profligated by gun proponents are straw arguments.  Kicking down an oak door?  Not likely.  Kicking in double pained casement windows?  I don't think so.  Fortified homes are safe homes.

You can't be 'fortified' when you're sitting on your porch.  My brother wasn't 'fortified' when two pricks came thru the front door of his pharmacy with berettas. 

It's a fantasy to think you can just lock your door and be safe.  You have to go grocery shopping.  You have to take walks.  You are a rich lawyer, right Decker?  You probably don't go to the shitty parts of town much.  If you did, you'd understand that you enjoy the day a lot more knowing you aren't dependent on luck and a cell phone to save your skin should someone get froggy and want your car.

If YOU happened to be the unlucky schmuck who was robbed at gunpoint by some A-hol down on his luck, you wouldn't call it "rape/robbery scenarios profligated by gun proponents".  There are REAL VICTIMS to these crimes.  My brother would be in the cold fcking earth right now if he didn't have a gun to defend himself.   Was it a 'straw argument' when those two fvckers (one of whom already had warrants for attempted murder of a police officer) came thru his door and pointed 9mm's at him?

You live in a safe place.  Many of us do not.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 07:18:32 AM »
You can't be 'fortified' when you're sitting on your porch.  My brother wasn't 'fortified' when two pricks came thru the front door of his pharmacy with berettas. 

It's a fantasy to think you can just lock your door and be safe.  You have to go grocery shopping.  You have to take walks.  You are a rich lawyer, right Decker?  You probably don't go to the shitty parts of town much.  If you did, you'd understand that you enjoy the day a lot more knowing you aren't dependent on luck and a cell phone to save your skin should someone get froggy and want your car.

If YOU happened to be the unlucky schmuck who was robbed at gunpoint by some A-hol down on his luck, you wouldn't call it "rape/robbery scenarios profligated by gun proponents".  There are REAL VICTIMS to these crimes.  My brother would be in the cold fcking earth right now if he didn't have a gun to defend himself.   Was it a 'straw argument' when those two fvckers (one of whom already had warrants for attempted murder of a police officer) came thru his door and pointed 9mm's at him?

Damn right!

I live in the Bronx/Yonkers area and remember the early 90's under Dinkins very well.  It was insane. 

If anything, I think more citizens need to be trained in self defense and armed to the teeth. 

Check this story out. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/nyregion/11meals.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

This is perfect case of why gun control does not work and only disarms law abiding citizens. 

I was sick to my stomach after reading this article and thought if only this poor slob had a weapon maybe he would have had a chance.  Not a guranty of safety, but at least a fighting chance.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 07:42:47 AM »
That's not burglary.  That's not a home.  That's not what we were talking about.  I'm sorry you're brother went through that.  That's horrible.

I'm not rich.  Even under Obama's standard.  I used to live on the south side of Chicago, the baddest part of town, and I didn't carry a gun.  I walked the streets in the morning hours without fear.  I traveled the EL Train at all hours without fear.  But that's me.  And I didn't own a cell phone until my  new employer bought one for me 2 months ago.

I don't live in an Ivory tower.  I grew up in poverty and that was the main reason I could afford education.  So please, don't think I have no concept of awful living conditions.  Odds are, I grew up and lived in some areas that would have you hugging your guns 24/7.

Why the vitriol 240?  I believe I've stated about half a dozen times that I think you or anyone else has the right to arm themselves within reason.

If you think I'm anti-gun, then you've been misreading my posts.

I live in a safe place now b/c I worked my ass off to earn it.  I don't apologize for that.  I don't have to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »
That's not burglary.  That's not a home.  That's not what we were talking about.  I'm sorry you're brother went through that.  That's horrible.
I'm not rich.  Even under Obama's standard.  I used to live on the south side of Chicago, the baddest part of town, and I didn't carry a gun.  I walked the streets in the morning hours without fear.  I traveled the EL Train at all hours without fear.  But that's me.  And I didn't own a cell phone until my  new employer bought one for me 2 months ago.

I don't live in an Ivory tower.  I grew up in poverty and that was the main reason I could afford education.  So please, don't think I have no concept of awful living conditions.  Odds are, I grew up and lived in some areas that would have you hugging your guns 24/7.
Why the vitriol 240.  I believe I've stated about half a dozen times that I think you or anyone else has the right to arm themselves within reason.

If you think I'm anti-gun, then you've been misreading my posts.
I live in a safe place now b/c I worked my ass off to earn it.  I don't apologize for that.  I don't have to.

Read the story I posted from the NYT that happened this week.  This is a real story, not a hypothetical.

This is why I am 100% of full carry for everyone who wants to be trained and go through background check.

Thugs will think twice before trying to take someone out. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2008, 07:52:57 AM »
sorry, i misread your post decker

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »

Lets see Decker spin the article I posted from yesterday in the NYT.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »
Lets see Decker spin the article I posted from yesterday in the NYT.
What the hell is the matter with you?  We were talking about burglary and you allude to some guy shot on the job with your NY Times story.

If you want guns in your pockets, hanging from your nuts or in your hat, that's up to you.

You are so touchy about this topic that you're just looking for a fight.

For the millionth time, if you want to carry a gun it's your business.  I don't carry one b/c that's my business.  Where's the controversy?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2008, 08:08:06 AM »
Sorry I'm such a hardroll.  I'm trying to cut back on coffee....and now, all this happened.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2008, 08:10:30 AM »
What the hell is the matter with you?  We were talking about burglary and you allude to some guy shot on the job with your NY Times story.

If you want guns in your pockets, hanging from your nuts or in your hat, that's up to you.

You are so touchy about this topic that you're just looking for a fight.

For the millionth time, if you want to carry a gun it's your business.  I don't carry one b/c that's my business.  Where's the controversy?

You have stated many times that you don't understand peoples' passion on this issue.

Unless you live in an area like Brooklyn, you don't understand the feeling of being vulnerable to these savages by the govt telling you that you cant defend yourself with the adequate means of protection.

This poor slob was executed by this barbarian, and maybe, just maybe, if we were armed, he would have had a chance.

The real issue, is that the govt prohibits you from defending yourself with a gun, its not a choice that is afforded to you in many areas.  

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2008, 08:15:29 AM »
You have stated many times that you don't understand peoples' passion on this issue.

Unless you live in an area like Brooklyn, you don't understand the feeling of being vulnerable to these savages by the govt telling you that you cant defend yourself with the adequate means of protection.

This poor slob was executed by this barbarian, and maybe, just maybe, if we were armed, he would have had a chance.

The real issue, is that the govt prohibits you from defending yourself with a gun, its not a choice that is afforded to you in many areas.  
Yup.