Author Topic: Honey, I want you to go under the knife  (Read 2648 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Honey, I want you to go under the knife
« on: November 10, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4586676n
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/06/48hours/main4578085.shtml

If you saw or read about the Craig/Kelly affair on 48 Hours (the above links) you'll understand the genesis of this question: would you have one or more cosmetic procedures (on your face)--because your husband asked you to?  How would you react if your man ever suggested this?  I'm all for open honest communication, but at what point in a relationship do you feel comfortable enough to tell your spouse that she should have cosmetic surgery?  ???

How low does your self esteem have to be to tolerate listening to that suggestion much less following it?  :'(

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Honey, I want you to go under the knife
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:19 AM »
           Laura has been after me for years to get a "Penile Implant"
                        does that count?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4586676n
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/06/48hours/main4578085.shtml

If you saw or read about the Craig/Kelly affair on 48 Hours (the above links) you'll understand the genesis of this question: would you have one or more cosmetic procedures (on your face)--because your husband asked you to?  How would you react if your man ever suggested this?  I'm all for open honest communication, but at what point in a relationship do you feel comfortable enough to tell your spouse that she should have cosmetic surgery?  ???

How low does your self esteem have to be to tolerate listening to that suggestion much less following it?  :'(

I say if they want to then let them and lets not judge what people choose to do with their bodies. Cosmetic surgury will always draw negative attention. To each his/her own.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »
I say if they want to then let them and lets not judge what people choose to do with their bodies. Cosmetic surgury will always draw negative attention. To each his/her own.

Hello?  Earth to Playbody.  Judging what people do with their bodies (and how well they do it) is what competitive bodybuilding/fitness/figure is all about.  If, as you say, "cosmetic surgury will always draw negative attention" then one can't be surprised or dismayed when people judge you for it.

That said, I think you are missing the point of my query.  Asking or telling your spouse to have cosmetic surgery is a pretty bizarre thing to do.  It's even more bizarre to so explicitly do it for someone else--repeatedly.  Most people who have cosmetic surgery always insist that they are doing it for themselves--not to please someone else.  The 48 hour story suggests the exact opposite.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
Well of course those who have plastic surgery are doing it for others.  People alter themselves because "society"  shoves it in our faces what we are supposed to look like or what is considered beautiful.  If all of a sudden small breasts were what all men went ga-ga over...women everywhere would be getting their implants out.  If large noses were all the rage...people would be getting their noses made bigger instead of smaller.  Full lips are all the rage now (hence all the collegen injections) but at one time they were considered ugly and people were teased being called fish-face or suction cup lips.

We don't decide to alter ourselves cosmetically by our own conviction or thoughts...we are influenced/persuaded to do so by others.
:D Weee

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 12:55:17 PM »
Well of course those who have plastic surgery are doing it for others.  People alter themselves because "society"  shoves it in our faces what we are supposed to look like or what is considered beautiful.  If all of a sudden small breasts were what all men went ga-ga over...women everywhere would be getting their implants out.  If large noses were all the rage...people would be getting their noses made bigger instead of smaller.  Full lips are all the rage now (hence all the collegen injections) but at one time they were considered ugly and people were teased being called fish-face or suction cup lips.

We don't decide to alter ourselves cosmetically by our own conviction or thoughts...we are influenced/persuaded to do so by others.

That's always been obvious to me, but have you ever talked to people (who have had surgery) about this?  90% of them will bend over backward insisting that they did it for themselves!

I think this is a sign of pathology.  Hairstyles, make up, & clothes are all fleeting and reasonable alterations, but when one is willing to spend thousands of dollars (they can barely afford) and risk one's life (all surgery involves risk) in pursuit of someone else's definition of beauty it's time to see a shrink.  No amount of surgery can repair low self esteem.  People who have one cosmetic surgery procedure tend want more and more.  :'(

The day I tell my significant other to have cosmetic surgery (or vice versa) is the day we go our separate ways.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
                        does that count?
;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
That's always been obvious to me, but have you ever talked to people (who have had surgery) about this?  90% of them will bend over backward insisting that they did it for themselves!

I think this is a sign of pathology.  Hairstyles, make up, & clothes are all fleeting and reasonable alterations, but when one is willing to spend thousands of dollars (they can barely afford) and risk one's life (all surgery involves risk) in pursuit of someone else's definition of beauty it's time to see a shrink.  No amount of surgery can repair low self esteem.  People who have one cosmetic surgery procedure tend want more and more.  :'(

The day I tell my significant other to have cosmetic surgery (or vice versa) is the day we go our separate ways.
That's because they believe that making this change is going to be "beneficial" to them.  A woman doesn't go and get a boob job because she "needs" them.  She get's them because she "wants" them...and why does she want them?  Because she is brainwashed into thinking she will be more attractive if she has them.  I got my boobs done...sure I could say I got them for me...because I did...they make me happy and more comfortable.  And why do they make me happy and more comfortable?  Because I know (I've been lead to believe) that the opposite sex (Mike) will like them better now that they are bigger and perkier.  Beause I want (I'm lead to believe) that is what will keep my mate more attracted to me than some other girl.  But in the end...it was "my" concious decision to get them done...so I did them for me. 

You see? (I say winking  ;))

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 01:12:27 PM »
That's because they believe that making this change is going to be "beneficial" to them.  A woman doesn't go and get a boob job because she "needs" them.  She get's them because she "wants" them...and why does she want them?  Because she is brainwashed into thinking she will be more attractive if she has them.  I got my boobs done...sure I could say I got them for me...because I did...they make me happy and more comfortable.  And why do they make me happy and more comfortable?  Because I know (I've been lead to believe) that the opposite sex (Mike) will like them better now that they are bigger and perkier.  Beause I want (I'm lead to believe) that is what will keep my mate more attracted to me than some other girl.  But in the end...it was "my" concious decision to get them done...so I did them for me. 

LOL couldnt have said it better myself...they are doing it for themselves but the reason they feel that way is b/c of the ppl and society around them.

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »
                        does that count?

Notice Laura chose to not comment on this...   ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »

"Size doesn't matter" is a lie.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:23:48 PM »

She coulda of at least denied it ...."Oh honey your fine the way you are" you don't need that"

watta jip!                    >:( :'( :'(

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 08:10:13 AM »
Hello?  Earth to Playbody.  Judging what people do with their bodies (and how well they do it) is what competitive bodybuilding/fitness/figure is all about.  If, as you say, "cosmetic surgery will always draw negative attention" then one can't be surprised or dismayed when people judge you for it.

That said, I think you are missing the point of my query.  Asking or telling your spouse to have cosmetic surgery is a pretty bizarre thing to do.  It's even more bizarre to so explicitly do it for someone else--repeatedly.  Most people who have cosmetic surgery always insist that they are doing it for themselves--not to please someone else.  The 48 hour story suggests the exact opposite.
Settle down twinkle toes. There is a huge difference when you are up on a stage in front of judges in a competitive situation. All I said was if a person wants to get cosmetic surgery it is their prerogative.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »
Settle down twinkle toes. There is a huge difference when you are up on a stage in front of judges in a competitive situation. All I said was if a person wants to get cosmetic surgery it is their prerogative.

Well thanks for your insight twinkle toes, but we knew that already. ::)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 09:04:18 AM »
  She coulda of at least denied it ...."Oh honey your fine the way you are" you don't need that"

watta jip!                    >:( :'( :'(
Sorry sweetie.  Ehemm...oh honey you're find just the way you are...you don't need that.   :D

I'll say it again...tonight.  ;)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
                        does that count?

It seems unfair...she made that comment and you laugh about it on a message board.

Once, my wife lamented her recent weight gain, and I said, "Relax, honey.  A lot of guys actually prefer big women."  To say the least, she did not laugh.
~

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
I for one like Lauras bigger boobs!
X

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 02:54:09 AM »

look, If I married a woman and she is a B cup, then I must be happy with what she has, or I wouldn't have married/date her. AND neither would I suggest getting implants. That bascially means, I find whast she has unattractive or she needs superficial improvement.  Yeah, I have finally admitted to myself I like "Big 'Uns", but big breasts don't always make a woman attractive. If a woman shines from the inside and outside, that is better than chick with big breasts or a phat ass who doesn't shine.

I found Pam Anderson unattractive, and her implants only emphasized how flat her ass is...yet thanks to her she started the bleached blonde implant look. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 07:14:04 AM »
It seems unfair...she made that comment and you laugh about it on a message board.

Once, my wife lamented her recent weight gain, and I said, "Relax, honey.  A lot of guys actually prefer big women."  To say the least, she did not laugh.
You don't seriously think I said that to him...do you?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »
I for one like Lauras bigger boobs!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »
You don't seriously think I said that to him...do you?

I just assumed you had, what with this site being called "getbig"
~