Author Topic: Single Greatest Food For Mass.  (Read 6841 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Single Greatest Food For Mass.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »
great discusssion going on here-im enjoying it-this is how we learn new things-we talk and debate and question-the board seems to more lively than usual
w

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
Doritos put alot of mass on me, but not in a good way. 

Raw whole eggs are quick and easy imo.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

On a side note, i always buy tartare instead of ground beef or let the meat be grounded from steak. A little pricey, but way better quality than the crap you get for standard.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 06:14:34 AM »
Let's put it this way.......

I'd rather eat salmon everday than ground beef everyday and I'd probably be a lot healthier for it.  Ground beef is full of shit these days if you buy it in the typical American grocery store.  Unless you're eating it raw or it's grass fed I'd stay away from grocery store ground beef. 

Raw eggs, raw milk, and salmon are some of the best bodybuilding foods as far as protein sources.  And you've gotta be retarded to think ground beef is "high" in calories.  It's not.  Hence why a bodybuilder needs calories from other types of food. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
Single greatest food = Red meat ;D

Whey is great and eggs are great too, but nothing fills you up and fills your muscles out like a nice juicy piece of red meat

Exactly. And burgers take that to a whole other level because the grinding of the meat to turn it into hamburger makes the protein more easily digested and absorbed. My best gains were by eating burger meat every day.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
What's Really in Your Fast Food?

A study released today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences contains controversial claims about menu items served at McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King.

In an interview, Jahren, who is a geobiologist and professor at the University of Hawaii, even suggested that the nitrogen isotopic signatures found in meat products were so high that they were consistent with environments where animals had consumed their own waste.

:-X
Read the entire article here.
http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100220333&gt1=31036
:

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 04:15:12 PM »
What's Really in Your Fast Food?

A study released today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences contains controversial claims about menu items served at McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King.

In an interview, Jahren, who is a geobiologist and professor at the University of Hawaii, even suggested that the nitrogen isotopic signatures found in meat products were so high that they were consistent with environments where animals had consumed their own waste.

:-X
Read the entire article here.
http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100220333&gt1=31036

And you think the crap you buy in the grocery store is any better?  Hell no.  The only way to guarantee your ground beef is solid is to buy 100% grass fed.  U.S. Wellness Meats is a great place to start. 

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
My vote would be whole eggs  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 11:56:27 PM »
And you think the crap you buy in the grocery store is any better?  Hell no.  The only way to guarantee your ground beef is solid is to buy 100% grass fed.  U.S. Wellness Meats is a great place to start. 

quoted for truth.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 02:36:50 AM »
Single greatest food = Red meat ;D

Whey is great and eggs are great too, but nothing fills you up and fills your muscles out like a nice juicy piece of red meat
x2  ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 03:26:31 AM »
On a side note, i always buy tartare instead of ground beef or let the meat be grounded from steak. A little pricey, but way better quality than the crap you get for standard.

Haha, I do the exact same thing if I make my own chilli or burgers at home. Tastes better too!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
Whole Eggs and Whole Milk

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:17 PM »
My vote would have to be milk first and burger meat a very close second - I have never failed to grow on either so either one is fine in my book.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
Whole Eggs and Whole Milk

why whole milk?  You get enough fat from the whole eggs i would think

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
peanut butter sandwich

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 01:32:28 PM »
horse meat

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
peanut butter sandwich
I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »
I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday.

thats good

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 03:38:17 AM »
Be careful with your cholesterol! A gym buddy just died on monday night from a heart atack at johns hopkins hospital. About ten days ago he got sick at work and "toughed it out".He was having a heart attack and didn't know it. If you saw him in the gym you would never guess he had 3 blocked arteries. Dude was ripped and natural so don't start that bullshit. 47 years old. WATCH the red meat!!!!!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »
breastmilk.

io856

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
You hear that, people?! Hamburger meat! Now go run to your local McDonald's!  :D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
You hear that, people?! Hamburger meat! Now go run to your local McDonald's!  :D

I eat mc'd's 3-4 times a week while bulking, can't beat it for the cost to calorie ratio.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
Be careful with your cholesterol! A gym buddy just died on monday night from a heart atack at johns hopkins hospital. About ten days ago he got sick at work and "toughed it out".He was having a heart attack and didn't know it. If you saw him in the gym you would never guess he had 3 blocked arteries. Dude was ripped and natural so don't start that bullshit. 47 years old. WATCH the red meat!!!!!!
red meat doesnt cause poor cholestrol numbers simple sugars and basic overeating do. red meat and dietary cholestrol are healthy things to eat.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »
  I don't approve of low fat cuts for mass gains, no. Eating chicken or turkey breasts or ultra-lean red meat is not ideal for mass. Number one for mass are calories, and not protein. Eating 500 grams of protein a day won't help you put on muscle if it gets all converted into glucose via gluconeogenesis because despite your huge protein intake you are still eating below your caloric need for maintenance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
good advice, thank you.