Author Topic: 2 FIRST MASS MONSTERS  (Read 14919 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: 2 FIRST MASS MONSTERS
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »
Fox was a good guy. Nice family man

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »
A reminder of how warped some of the Olympia decisions have been. It's a wonder that the contest has any credibility.

Looking at this shot with Fox killing Haney you'd assume that the 8-time winner's on the left side. You'd never guess the guy on the left never won it.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 06:17:42 PM »
A reminder of how warped some of the Olympia decisions have been. It's a wonder that the contest has any credibility.

Looking at this shot with Fox killing Haney you'd assume that the 8-time winner's on the left side. You'd never guess the guy on the left never won it.

And we all know how a solitary photo is more than adequate in determining a contest.   ::)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
Denzel Washington was fucking massive.

Damn those mouthy whores!!

Beef it Betil!!
No doubt about it...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »
...then Fox faced forwards, and backwards. And then they gave the Sandow rightfully to Haney. Bodybuilders are expected to have V-tapers, back muscles, etc...

Actually genius you should already know by now that the video shows the same. In the absence of any other proof to the contrary, those vids and pics more than prove the point LOL Fox has the best combo of balance, size and aesthetics there. He and a few others have far better balance than Haney, who had no legs or arms relative to torso.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »
Arguing over the net is pointless. You have your opinion, I have mine. My opinion: Haney>Fox. Your is Fox>Haney. I can respect that.

Sure. However, i've already proven my point, you haven't refuted anything with evdence therefore the points stand. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 07:18:53 PM »
That video looks like 1983. Fox and Haney were closer then. In 1984 and subsequent years Haney was substantially bigger than he was in 1983.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 07:20:06 PM »
Bertil was very underrated as far as judging went - he should have got a lot better places than he did.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:10 PM »

What's even crazier is that Fox was even better in 1983 and Haney was even worse!  :P

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
Bertil was very underrated as far as judging went - he should have got a lot better places than he did.

Same goes for Tom Platz.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 03:03:32 AM »

Back.

Hope this helps.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 05:28:30 AM »

Thats not a shot from the Olympia,its from one of the Grand Prixs after the Olympia.And if its from the Swiss Grand Prix then Bertil beat Haney.Greg DeFerro is in the line up,and he never competed in the Olympia,and he pulled out of this show after the judging.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »
freddie ortiz was a thick little bastard.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 12:15:21 PM »
Sure. However, i've already proven my point, you haven't refuted anything with evdence therefore the points stand. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fox had very narrow clavicles and straight up and down thighs with no sweep and little detail. His waist appeared somewhat wide because of his narrow clavicles and he was a terrible poser.

Haney had one of the most impressive shoulder-to-waist ratios in history and was expert at presenting his physique, like Arnold. And it's not like Bertil would take second every year- there were often three or four guys between him and Haney. Bertil was huge, for sure, but far from complete.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »
yeah... but he murdered two people.

I think it's about time everyone let that go.  The sport needs Bertil Fox.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
Didn't know that this was a judging criterion.

It doesnt affect placings as long as murders dont take place on stage, as per IFBB rules.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »
You'd never guess the guy on the left never won it.

The guy on the right didnt win it that time neither. The following year he brought a better package, and did. From this angle at the time the pic was taken, Fox looks better, but from many other angles and poses, many other times, in many other pics, Haney was judged fairly,  IMO to be the better bber.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 03:32:10 PM »
Thats not a shot from the Olympia,its from one of the Grand Prixs after the Olympia.And if its from the Swiss Grand Prix then Bertil beat Haney.Greg DeFerro is in the line up,and he never competed in the Olympia,and he pulled out of this show after the judging.

You clearly do NOT know your history. Defero DID compete in the 1983 Mr. Olympia. The pic I posted of Haney and Fox was from the 1984 Mr. Olympia.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »
Although this shot is from the late 1970s-early 1980's Sergio was Competing from the early 1960's though to 1985, and in my veiw was one of the FIRST of the true "Mass Monsters" with massive size, shape etc.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
I agree..........awesome shot!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
Although this shot is from the late 1970s-early 1980's Sergio was Competing from the early 1960's though to 1985, and in my veiw was one of the FIRST of the true "Mass Monsters" with massive size, shape etc.

Would give Bertil, Arnold and Ronnie a run for their money in that shot.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
Sergio was the first true Mass monster followed by Katz,Arnold and Big Lou in early 70's......

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Sergio is a true legend.
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »

Sergio does not get the credit he deserves. Truly a miracle in the world of bodybuilding, especially relative to his competition at the time.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Sergio is a true legend.
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »

Sergio does not get the credit he deserves. Truly a miracle in the world of bodybuilding, especially relative to his competition at the time.

I second that Sergio was the total package
X

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:16 AM »
You clearly do NOT know your history. Defero DID compete in the 1983 Mr. Olympia. The pic I posted of Haney and Fox was from the 1984 Mr. Olympia.

Just so you know the pic of Haney and Fox is one of a series that were scanned by Jeff Preston and posted on ironage a couple of years ago,thats why i know what show its from.I`ve got the issue of Muscle and Fitness it appeared in.I was in the audience for the London Grand Prix when Haney lifted up Makkawy,and i posted pics from that show in this thread.
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php/topic,4276.0.html
Now for a lesson in history for you from someone who knows what they are talking about.Here`s the results of the 83 Olympia,DeFerro isn`t there because he never competed in ANY Olympias.
1983 Olympia - IFBB
1   Samir Bannout
 2   Mohamed Makkawy
 3   Lee Haney
 4   Frank Zane
 5   Bertil Fox
 6   Jusup Wilkosz
 7   Albert Beckles
 8   Johnny Fuller
 9   Hubert Metz
 10   Jacques Neuville
 11   James Gaubert
 12   Dale Ruplinger
 13   Gerard Buinoud
 14   Ed Corney
 15   Lance Dreher

And Bertil Fox didn`t compete in the 84 Olympia,his next Olympia appearance after 83 was in 1986.

1984 Olympia - IFBB
1   Lee Haney
2   Mohamed Makkawy
3   Jusup Wilkosz
4   Albert Beckles
5   Roy Callendar
6   Samir Bannout
7   Bob Paris
8   Sergio Oliva
9   Tom Platz
10   Bob Birdsong
11   Chris Dickerson
12   Tony Pearson
13   Boyer Coe
14   Chuck Williams
15   Bill Grant
16   Charles Glass
17   Robby Robinson
18   Hubert Metz
19   James Gaubert
20   Appie Steenbeek

If you want a little bit of info about history the contest is from the Zurich Grand Prix,Switzerland,September 25 1983.