Author Topic: Yellowstone National Park is about to blow!!  (Read 5372 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Yellowstone National Park is about to blow!!
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 10:41:06 AM »
I'm sure you'll be fine big guy. ;D

Yes, since I survived the Big Crunch that destroyed my Universe "before" the Big Bang that gave birth to yours, but I feel compassion for you lowly trolls. I am a divine being that looks upon the lowly trolls with benevolence.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
Bump for a truly interesting thread.

I figure that "they" probably wouldn't tell anybody or give advanced warning as society as a whole would collapse almost instantly. Or "they" would tell us that it won't be all that bad and to wait for help etc.

The HAARP thing is a bit on the rediculous side although I'm not niave enough to think the possibility hasn't been explored.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
BUMP

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »
heck, mind as well be a nuke going off then huh?

A NUKE is NOTHING compared to a supervolcano...You would probably need all of the nukes in the world going off at once to make any sort of comparison..
C

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:17 AM »
Unlike Yellowstone, Alaska's Mt Redoubt volcano really is likely to blow in the next few days.  Lots of siesmic activity of late.  How much of an explosion is anyone's guess.   The towns across the bay could get a few inches of ash.   My step-mom lives in Soldotna, but she's not too worried, as she's been through them before.  At least one in the chain blows every 5-10 years.  Today she stocked up on propane and picked up her BP meds.