Author Topic: top ranked boxer vs. best MMA fighters who wins  (Read 19619 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: top ranked boxer vs. best MMA fighters who wins
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 05:24:06 PM »

this is what would happen when you fuck with the typical boxer in the real world.now an MMA guy fighting more than one person might not be as good.he can't take one guy to the ground or the other guy would be kickin the shit outa him..
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

this is what would happen when you fuck with the typical boxer in the real world.now an MMA guy fighting more than one person might not be as good.he can't take one guy to the ground or the other guy would be kickin the shit outa him..

nice.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »

good stuff.  that's what i'm saying.  you can easily see how tyson put 2-3 guys down at an elevator...given he got off first and was throwing a s##tload vs that guy in the video.  people in the club parking lot said tyson got off three shots first and mitch green didnt bother with getting up.  i'd say as crazy as tyson is he goes into flashback boxing mode on you instantly, keeps his technique and sits on his punches.  it's no different than that brasilian juju guy keeping his head against that bother and putting him to sleep.           
Oh...Monica!

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
if the rules are boxing the boxer wins easy, but if its "anything goes" I think an MMA fighter has the advantage since a bozer is probably clueless about submission holds and fighting on the floor

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »

typical boxer?

for as many punches as the guy threw and landed, he didnt ko or even really hurt the guys.  they got up every time and even followed him for some more.

for all we know, this guy has done jujitsu his whole life and took up "boxing" in the last week.

a real boxer would have dropped those guys in one punch.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »
fighters fight - anythin goes- and boxers box.

everytime a boxer even thought about doing MMA, they always demanded certain rules.

that doesnt happen in a real fight.

a top mma guy would beat most boxers,  but the boxer would always have punch to win.

fedor and karelin would crush everyone.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 07:37:23 PM »
some people just don't understand what the average boxer is capable of.I have an old buddy from high school that used to be gold glove.He was a good amature.but not good enough to be a pro.we was in a bar about two years back and there was three guys back by the pool tables being rude to there server.my friend knew the server and asked if he could help.she told him to tell them to leave the bar.needless to say they didn't go quietly but within 30-45 seconds two of them were out cold snoring and the third had ran.now like I said this is an (old) amature fighter.Imagine what an in shape pro would be capable of in a bar fight.
DAWG

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
some people just don't understand what the average boxer is capable of.I have an old buddy from high school that used to be gold glove.He was a good amature.but not good enough to be a pro.we was in a bar about two years back and there was three guys back by the pool tables being rude to there server.my friend knew the server and asked if he could help.she told him to tell them to leave the bar.needless to say they didn't go quietly but within 30-45 seconds two of them were out cold snoring and the third had ran.now like I said this is an (old) amature fighter.Imagine what an in shape pro would be capable of in a bar fight.

I agree. most just don't get it.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »

your on glue those fools are drunk and that is no boxing ring. The guy is just trying to keep them off and get out.  Its a park there is no ref there to stop the stabbing
I

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »

agree.

unless that bar is full of pro mma fighters.

:P

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
DAWG

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

yeah but they are pakis they dont throw bombs they strap it to their backs and blow you up fast
I

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
DAWG

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »
those fools are gayer than tacobell    those arent real fights 
I

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
More often than not MMA.When the boxer is on the ground he is helpless.
The biggest punchers in boxing always have a chance though.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:34 PM »
This is ancient.

It was already settled way back in UFC#1.

The pure Jiu-Jitsu fighter beat the boxer without so much as a scratch.

Even ninjas beat boxers apparently:

Francois Botha was a pretty good boxer(he went 10 or 12 rounds with Tyson, and had him beat on points before being knocked out).
Well his record as a kickboxer was like 2-10. And his two victories were over guys with injuries.

So boxing is a great skill, as part of a larger skill set, but it doesn't do well in single-style vs. single-style matches.
It's too 1-dimensional.
☠ Order of Nephilim

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »

man... we are talking about going one on one with a SKILLED mma fighter, not some bums drinking in a bar and only got the wide right swing in their book.
a skilled mma fighter is good in striking too (lidell, sliva, gsp..) and can also handle bums in a bar.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:09 PM »
This is ancient.

It was already settled way back in UFC#1.

The pure Jiu-Jitsu fighter beat the boxer without so much as a scratch.

Even ninjas beat boxers apparently:

Francois Botha was a pretty good boxer(he went 10 or 12 rounds with Tyson, and had him beat on points before being knocked out).
Well his record as a kickboxer was like 2-10. And his two victories were over guys with injuries.

So boxing is a great skill, as part of a larger skill set, but it doesn't do well in single-style vs. single-style matches.
It's too 1-dimensional.

yeah....i got ufc 1 dvd. it was embaressing for the boxer cos he was a boxing champion in his weight (light heavy weight i think) and he even had a glove on cos he thinks his boxing can win ANYONE in ANY FIGHT, but he was wrong... out the fancy footwork and arm speed didn't help.

boxers who go into mma know better now....

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »
if the rules are boxing the boxer wins easy, but if its "anything goes" I think an MMA fighter has the advantage since a bozer is probably clueless about submission holds and fighting on the floor
duh? good post.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 10:22:59 PM »
man... we are talking about going one on one with a SKILLED mma fighter, not some bums drinking in a bar and only got the wide right swing in their book.
a skilled mma fighter is good in striking too (lidell, sliva, gsp..) and can also handle bums in a bar.

agreed.but If I'm fighting multiple people I would prefer a boxing pedigree.listen I love MMA and watch the sport way more than boxing these days.but most of you guys are underestimating what an average boxer is capable of.let alone an Olympic caliber boxer.or a pro.
DAWG

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »
Wrestler vs boxer? I'd put my money on the wrestler.

Wrestler with submissions vs boxer? I'd put my money and my car on the wrestler.

Wrestler with submissions and kickboxing vs boxer? I'd put my house, money and car on the wrestler.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2009, 10:45:37 PM »
boxers are only good in BOXING.....

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2009, 10:59:23 PM »
[youtube][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8MqBZ_x_3w/youtube]

every boxer in this video has made more in one year than any MMA fighter has made in there entire career.even the old boxers from way back made more $...so..If MMA fighters are Superior why not go make some real money?
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
DAWG