Author Topic: What happens after death?  (Read 11788 times)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
Re: What happens after death?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 06:42:30 AM »
Of course faith in God is going to appear as stupidity to those who do not believe.  That same "stupid" God has already told us this.  Okay, it's possible that you may be correct on one fact about previous science thinking verses today's.  However, there are hundreds, if not thousands, more examples of where science thinking has changed.  I understand that's called progress and a growth in knowledge.  My point is God has never changed, and those things that science re-think or discover have always been known by God.

One of the reasons I rarely get into these types of discussions (although you wouldn't know that by my recent postings) is because most people already have their minds made up.  There is absolutely nothing you can say that will change my mind about God and His son.  It would appear that there is nothing that I, or anyone, could say to change your perspective.  Let's just agree to disagree.

You can change a lot of people's minds if you show them some actual proof of this God you're talking about.

Meanwhile, science is all about theories and evidence, yet you religious folks are still turning a blind eye.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2263/2182220033_ced26cf36f_o.png

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 11:22:09 AM »

You can change a lot of people's minds if you show them some actual proof of this God you're talking about.

Meanwhile, science is all about theories and evidence, yet you religious folks are still turning a blind eye.

I do not know whether you can not comprehend what I am saying, or you simply choose not to.  Faith is believing without seeing (proof).  People of faith do not turn a blind eye to science.  Science says if one takes hydrogen and 2 parts oxygen, one will get water.  People of faith say okay, that is how God designed it.  Certainly there are some areas of conflict.  Evolution verses creation immediately comes to mind. 

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 02:17:43 PM »
Of course faith in God is going to appear as stupidity to those who do not believe.  That same "stupid" God has already told us this.  Okay, it's possible that you may be correct on one fact about previous science thinking verses today's.  However, there are hundreds, if not thousands, more examples of where science thinking has changed.  I understand that's called progress and a growth in knowledge.  My point is God has never changed, and those things that science re-think or discover have always been known by God.

One of the reasons I rarely get into these types of discussions (although you wouldn't know that by my recent postings) is because most people already have their minds made up.  There is absolutely nothing you can say that will change my mind about God and His son.  It would appear that there is nothing that I, or anyone, could say to change your perspective.  Let's just agree to disagree.

God has never changed because God doesn't exist.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »
God has never changed because God doesn't exist.

Are you trying to convice yourself or me?  If it's the latter, you are wasting time.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 10:38:28 AM »
Are you trying to convice yourself or me?  If it's the latter, you are wasting time.

I know. Just throwing a fact out there. You are what biology and environment has made you, and so are your beliefs. You wouldn't understand one way or the other, but I must state reality.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
no one.I repeat no one knows.
DAWG

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 11:01:41 AM »
no one.I repeat no one knows.

That's like saying that no one knows that Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny are imaginary.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »

That's like saying that no one knows that Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny are imaginary.

not at all alike.
DAWG

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
not at all alike.

All fictional beings created to comfort people. What are the differences?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »

All fictional beings created to comfort people. What are the differences?

I believe that god is just as fictional as Santa clause and the easter bunny.so in that regard I agree with you.however....the question is What happens after death?My personal belief is nothing it's over your dead.but....believing something and knowing something are two different things.hence no one knows for sure what happens when you die.
DAWG

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »
I believe that god is just as fictional as Santa clause and the easter bunny.so in that regard I agree with you.however....the question is What happens after death?My personal belief is nothing it's over your dead.but....believing something and knowing something are two different things.hence no one knows for sure what happens when you die.

We know as close as is possible to know. Our consciousness is the result of our brain functions. When we die our brain functions stop. Thus so does our consciousness.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »

I know. Just throwing a fact out there. You are what biology and environment has made you, and so are your beliefs. You wouldn't understand one way or the other, but I must state reality.

Do you know for a fact that God does not exist? 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »

nope.do you know for a fact he does?
DAWG

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »

Depends on how you define "God" of course. Some definitions of God can't exist, some could logically exist.

I know that God doesn't exist as much as I know that the Easter Bunny does not exist, except in the imaginations of little children.

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »
nope.do you know for a fact he does?

No I do not.  However, everything I have said has been based on faith.  Those who believe and those who do not are never going to agree on this subject.  The God in which we believe had already told us it would be this way. 

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
Depends on how you define "God" of course. Some definitions of God can't exist, some could logically exist.

I know that God doesn't exist as much as I know that the Easter Bunny does not exist, except in the imaginations of little children.

Ah yes, the old "easter bunny" argument.  These foolish things (easter bunny, santa claus) were not the results of the imaginations of little children.  The spirits of these things do exist because they are created by the enemy of God.  I am assuming that if you do not believe in God, then you do not believe in his enemy (satan). 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »
No I do not.  However, everything I have said has been based on faith.  Those who believe and those who do not are never going to agree on this subject.  The God in which we believe had already told us it would be this way. 

you are aware there were other gods and religions prior to your personal religion even being thought of.when you understand why it is that you dismiss all those other gods but yours...then you will understand why I dismiss yours.
DAWG

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 05:36:33 AM »
Ah yes, the old "easter bunny" argument.  These foolish things (easter bunny, santa claus) were not the results of the imaginations of little children.  The spirits of these things do exist because they are created by the enemy of God.  I am assuming that if you do not believe in God, then you do not believe in his enemy (satan). 

You're saying that the eastern bunny was created by Satan?

:o

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »
you are aware there were other gods and religions prior to your personal religion even being thought of.when you understand why it is that you dismiss all those other gods but yours...then you will understand why I dismiss yours.

I sincerely respect your choice to dismiss my God.  But understand this, the God I believe in is the creator of all there is.  There is no before Him.   As I have said in other threads, let's just agree to disagree.  There is absolutely nothing you can say to make me not believe that God is God, He sent His Son Jesus to die for us, Jesus rose again and is our Salvation.  I would think you feel the same way about your god. 

fitt@40

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

You're saying that the eastern bunny was created by Satan?

:o

Absolutely this was inspired by satan.  Are you really surprised?  What do a rabbit and eggs have to do with the resurrection of Christ?  Christians often unknowingly participate in pagan-inspired rituals.  Many times they are aware that these activities are not of God.  However, it is often easier just to go along so you do not appear to be that "kooky" Christian.  I have a Christian friend who allows his kids to participate in halloween.  The celebration of Christ's birth on the December 25th is because Christians wanted to appease non-believers.  Ironically, non-believers are now getting upset because it is so widely accepted as His birthday.  Hence, the "happy holidays" to again appease the non-believers.  Unbelievable!  Surely this sounds like the ramblings on a crazy person to you.  As I have said to others, let us agree to disagree.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »
Absolutely this was inspired by satan.  Are you really surprised?  What do a rabbit and eggs have to do with the resurrection of Christ?  Christians often unknowingly participate in pagan-inspired rituals.  Many times they are aware that these activities are not of God.  However, it is often easier just to go along so you do not appear to be that "kooky" Christian.  I have a Christian friend who allows his kids to participate in halloween.  The celebration of Christ's birth on the December 25th is because Christians wanted to appease non-believers.  Ironically, non-believers are now getting upset because it is so widely accepted as His birthday.  Hence, the "happy holidays" to again appease the non-believers.  Unbelievable!  Surely this sounds like the ramblings on a crazy person to you.  As I have said to others, let us agree to disagree.

Right on. There is ample evidence to discredit easter as being a celebrated Christian holiday. Nowhere in the Bible is it taught.

People tend to forget that the Bible has been used by nonbelievers claiming to believe in Christ, yet fall short of his teachings. Hence, misrepresentation of the Holy Scriptures. We call them false Christians. Paul warned that they would creep into the true Christian congregation.

December 25th taught as Christ birthday is insane. It's a well known fact that shepherds would not be in the fields at this time of the year. Jerusalem in that day would have been snow covered, there isn't a scholar in the world who would disagree with that. Once again, the pagans are responsible for this date. The bible in no way purports it.

CG/DEA_AGENT

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »

Those other gods cannot do what the True God can. They are not even close to being compatible with the God of the Bible. Also, those other Gods didn't create, therefore they cannot give everlasting life without disease, famine, old age, etc. The God of the Bible guarantees perfection to humans as well as perfect conditions for humans to dwell in. Those are conditions that these other gods can't achieve.

GC/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »
I sincerely respect your choice to dismiss my God.  But understand this, the God I believe in is the creator of all there is.  There is no before Him.   As I have said in other threads, let's just agree to disagree.  There is absolutely nothing you can say to make me not believe that God is God, He sent His Son Jesus to die for us, Jesus rose again and is our Salvation.  I would think you feel the same way about your god. 

I am not trying to make you not believe in your god.but are you honesly saying there wasn't religion before Christianity?that worshiped other god?...It's a historical fact there were many many religions that pre date your personal religion.and many of Christianity's beliefs were borrowed from these religions.like you referring to the son.these ancient people worshiped the SUN.your religion changed it to the son.And if you studied astrology at all you'd see why/and when easter is easter and Christmas is Christmas.your religion has more to do with astrology than anything else.ancient people with no consept of the real world trying to figure out why there here.thats why Christian leaders persecuted Galileo(and others).they had the audacity to say the earth was round not flat.and that the earth revolved around the sun instead of sun around the earth.
DAWG

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »
I am not trying to make you not believe in your god.but are you honesly saying there wasn't religion before Christianity?that worshiped other god?...It's a historical fact there were many many religions that pre date your personal religion.and many of Christianity's beliefs were borrowed from these religions.like you referring to the son.these ancient people worshiped the SUN.your religion changed it to the son.And if you studied astrology at all you'd see why/and when easter is easter and Christmas is Christmas.your religion has more to do with astrology than anything else.ancient people with no consept of the real world trying to figure out why there here.thats why Christian leaders persecuted Galileo(and others).they had the audacity to say the earth was round not flat.and that the earth revolved around the sun instead of sun around the earth.

Those holidays are not taught in the Bible. The Bible condemns astrology, spiritism, etc.

CG/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »

Those holidays are not taught in the Bible. The Bible condemns astrology, spiritism, etc.

CG/DEA_AGENT

thats because astrology is based on reality.and reality is the enemy of religion.....you'd think that a birth so celebrated and wrote and told about would have a legitimate birth date....the only people I can think of without a date of birth are the one's that never existed....oh I get it.
DAWG