Author Topic: Pullup vid  (Read 7984 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Pullup vid
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »
no worries

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »
Good stuff guys  ;D

:)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:47 AM »
hahahaha, i'm laughing over "the wall" saying "big guy" when he claims to weigh 250 yet looks like hes 200 on a day after 5 meals with two pockets full of quarters, brutal smooth 14 inch arms.

w8m8

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 06:06:41 AM »

* no offense to any mongoloids that may be reading this

none taken  ;D

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 08:10:24 AM »
hahahaha, i'm laughing over "the wall" saying "big guy" when he claims to weigh 250 yet looks like hes 200 on a day after 5 meals with two pockets full of quarters, brutal smooth 14 inch arms.

14 inch smooth arms is being pretty generous i would say they are 12 at best compared to your pythons

and theres no way i could weight over 200 since im 6'2, epic exaggeration on my part with absolutely no proof

i weigh around 230 when im trying to cut and 250 when i do strongman/powerlifting.....you can believe what you want there QO ....

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 09:46:47 AM »

lol props for that pocket full of quarters thing...that was a good one ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
14 inch smooth arms is being pretty generous i would say they are 12 at best compared to your pythons

and theres no way i could weight over 200 since im 6'2, epic exaggeration on my part with absolutely no proof

i weigh around 230 when im trying to cut and 250 when i do strongman/powerlifting.....you can believe what you want there QO ....
you look good dude but you are by far the smallest looking 250 i've ever seen, those arms look not a shade over 15 and you are narrow, how tall are you again?

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
lol im 6'2  my arms are 17.5 when im cut down a lil bigger and smoother at my current weight, i mean honostly how do you expect me to prove how much i weigh lol its not like im gonna make a video of me weighing myself in and showing my arm size with a tape because then when i prove it "it would be a meltdown" lol ive been around the board a long time i know your game

i mean seriously when did i ever claim to look "huge" lol i weigh what i weigh, i dont take any pride in it, only in how strong my lifts get, i would be glad to weigh 200 and lift what i do now, but as a natural if you wanna lift big weight you gotta put on the xtra mass to support it, at least thats what ive found to be true

ill be the first to admit im soft at 250 but that extra weight helps me pack on the density i need when i diet down to do strongmans at 230 or BB shows where i usually end up at around 220 or 215

*when i do BB the goal is to look the best i can weight dont matter

**when i do strongman the goal is to be as strong as i can get at 230

***when i am in my offseason and building size/strength i eat pizza, drink regular coke, bake cookies weekly and lift as much as i can because i know soon im gonna have to diet again

dude you will say anything to get a rise outta people but i still love you, just pick on someone else i got a fragile ego ;D

narrow?

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
I`ll tell you what "The Wall"you look very similar to Jim Haislop.
More photos here.
http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php/topic,15821.0.html

One thing to try to help your numbers on the pull ups is to do them the set after your heaviest set on deadlifts,or do a set of V bar pull ups with a 100lb weight on a belt,but just pull the bottom six inch up,then take the weight off,have your normal rest between sets and now try the set of wide grip pull ups.Now the extra 100lb is missing you feel light as a feather when you first grip the bar,and physcologically you will feel stronger.

The Wall

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
i usually do deads AFTER pullups...i dunno whether this is true or not but after the strong contraction on my arms and back i feel like the eccectrinc loading with my arms straight out on deadlifts gives a synergistic element to the workout

so pullups strong contraction
deads strong stretch/eccentric load

this of course could be all bs lol but in my head it made sense so ive always done it that way, i may give it a shot and try the other way around never hurts to mix it up

i realize the vid i posted is getting alot of heat but i really am pretty good at pullups, it was just hard to adjust to that swinging form and not use straps since only 3 weeks ago i had a severly broken right hand

the one i post on monday will be a much better/cleaner effort

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »
i usually do deads AFTER pullups...i dunno whether this is true or not but after the strong contraction on my arms and back i feel like the eccectrinc loading with my arms straight out on deadlifts gives a synergistic element to the workout

so pullups strong contraction
deads strong stretch/eccentric load

this of course could be all bs lol but in my head it made sense so ive always done it that way, i may give it a shot and try the other way around never hurts to mix it up

i realize the vid i posted is getting alot of heat but i really am pretty good at pullups, it was just hard to adjust to that swinging form and not use straps since only 3 weeks ago i had a severly broken right hand

the one i post on monday will be a much better/cleaner effort
never heard that theory before but sounds interesting, when i do deads i always do them first simply b/c its a compound movement.