Author Topic: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 21987 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
No...Watch the dodgers

On the Yanks.not saying in baseball.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »

On the Yanks.not saying in baseball.

my bad i quoted the wrong post..there was one that said ST Louis goin all the way...thats what i ment to quote

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »
how about those Blue Jays!!   ;D

nobody expected them to do shit this year. even their GM said "not to expect much this season"

their starting pitching right now only has Halladay from last year and 1 other rookie that was part of the starting rotation this year. the rest are all on the IR.

what they are doing right now is awesome if you look at what they have had to do with the starting pitchers.....and their hitting has improved TONS from last year with basically the same line up. gotta thank Cito for that.

GO JAYS!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »

nobody expected them to do shit this year.

I still don't.   To me, this is just a hot team over a small sample size.

I did, however, draft Travis Snider out of the minors for FBB.  I wish they would play him full time.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »
Yanks and Sox seem to be finding ways to win while the Rays seem to be finding ways to lose.
Jays are coming back down to earth.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
Not to sound like a homer but it's impressive that the Red Sox are in first while getting nothing from Ortiz,Lester and Dice-K. The Yanks lineup is incredibly deep. The Dodgers are playing great too.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
Whatever to all...I told you bitch ass ni66as about the dodgers...we are like 9-2 without manny...we are goin to the big dance this year bitchessssssssssssss

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »
some team that spends a lot of money

E
E

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
some team that spends a lot of money

E
I kind of disagree. Tampa and Colorado won the pennant the past two seasons, granted they were both outmatched. The Marlins won in 2003, so their is some parity. Granted the big money team usually wins, but their are good races every year. I know its not easy being a Bucs fan right now.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2009, 05:21:59 PM »
You know, I used to think the Orioles held the longest record of futility, but I think the Pirates take the cake in a landslide.

man, I'm getting old. I remember sitting in my 1984 Toyota Supra, smoking a fattie with a couple of bros, listening on the radio to the 1991(or 1992???) N.L Championship series when Fransisco Cabrera of the Atlanta Braves hit that RBI at the end of the game against Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla of the Pittsburgh Pirates. I remember watching the TV replays later of Barry Bonds just sitting in the outfield in disbelief after losing the game.

Wow, memories...I was 18 years old. :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »
I kind of disagree. Tampa and Colorado won the pennant the past two seasons, granted they were both outmatched. The Marlins won in 2003, so their is some parity. Granted the big money team usually wins, but their are good races every year. I know its not easy being a Bucs fan right now.

there are exceptions to every rule

to compete on a yearly basis you need to spend a lot of money

guts - yes after this season the pirates will have the record for the most consecutive losing seasons in ALL OF SPORTS

their magt is shitty but not being as rich as the yankees doesn't help either

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »
there are exceptions to every rule

to compete on a yearly basis you need to spend a lot of money

guts - yes after this season the pirates will have the record for the most consecutive losing seasons in ALL OF SPORTS

their magt is shitty but not being as rich as the yankees doesn't help either

E

Wow...no shit. I used to think that Peter Angelos was considered to be MLB's worst owner but I think the Pirates owner(name?) may be worse.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
it was kevin mcclatchy and now it's bob nutting

both equally suck

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
Haha,no pitcher wants to play for the White Sox.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2009, 11:01:49 AM »
DODGERS BITCHESS!!!!!!!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
Juan Pierre is a beast.

body88

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
DODGERS BITCHESS!!!!!!!!!!!

If they make it, they will lose to the AL team that they play.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »
Juan Pierre is a beast.

Big Papi just hasn't been the same since his steroid dealer went to the west coast ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
If they make it, they will lose to the AL team that they play.

I'll be at Fenway on Saturday :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »

Big Papi just hasn't been the same since his steroid dealer went to the west coast ;D
;D. He's looked better lately, he's been hitting the ball a lot harder. Its painful to watch. Thankfully, there is a pipeline that runs straight to the Bronx.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2009, 06:22:44 AM »
;D. He's looked better lately, he's been hitting the ball a lot harder. Its painful to watch. Thankfully, there is a pipeline that runs straight to the Bronx.

Mass04 -since the Ortiz discussion dominates the airwaves up here, what do you think they should do?

The baseball fan in me says that, while Ortiz is definitely in regression, he can't be THIS bad.  In other words, although not hitting like he normally does, he has had some bad luck (line drives finding gloves, etc...).  Under this assumption, you just have to keep letting him play, or else you will miss the correction.

I hear all these suggestions like sending him to the minors, benching him, DFA, etc....   None of them seem realistic to me.  I think the sox just have to ride this one out.   What do you think?
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »
Yanks get Boston,Mets,and Rangers for the next few series.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
Mass04 -since the Ortiz discussion dominates the airwaves up here, what do you think they should do?

The baseball fan in me says that, while Ortiz is definitely in regression, he can't be THIS bad.  In other words, although not hitting like he normally does, he has had some bad luck (line drives finding gloves, etc...).  Under this assumption, you just have to keep letting him play, or else you will miss the correction.

I hear all these suggestions like sending him to the minors, benching him, DFA, etc....   None of them seem realistic to me.  I think the sox just have to ride this one out.   What do you think?
I agree. You can't bench the guy because obviously the break during the Seattle series did him no good. He has been hitting the ball a lot harder lately, i think you just ride it out. He's too good of a hitter to all of a sudden not be able to hit .200. His days of 45 home runs are over, but i think its more mechanical and metal than anything else. I honestly think he needs a sports psychiatrist or something. The hard part for Francona is how long can you keep him in the lineup? I don't like to put a timeline on it but if he's still like this at the end of June, that's a pretty big sample to go on, so they might need to make a move to get another left handed hitter.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 07:21:41 AM »
YEah bitches...5 runs in the bottom of the 8th...Go Big BLUE!!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 07:45:03 AM »
I agree. You can't bench the guy because obviously the break during the Seattle series did him no good. He has been hitting the ball a lot harder lately, i think you just ride it out. He's too good of a hitter to all of a sudden not be able to hit .200. His days of 45 home runs are over, but i think its more mechanical and metal than anything else. I honestly think he needs a sports psychiatrist or something. The hard part for Francona is how long can you keep him in the lineup? I don't like to put a timeline on it but if he's still like this at the end of June, that's a pretty big sample to go on, so they might need to make a move to get another left handed hitter.

I normall ythink the pysch stuff is overblown, but I agree with you 100% on this one.  I think he's feeling the some self-imposed pressure to live up to the Ortiz of the past.   I had 4th row seats vs. Baltimore and his whole presence didn't look the same.  His overall body language is way off.  It's hard to describe, but he just looked like a beaten man.  He needs to take the same advice he gave ARod - just breathe, relax, and let it happen.

As for the sox acquiring a bat, I keep hearing names like Adrian Gonzalez, Victor Martinez, and Matt Holliday.  Ignoring the fact that everyone I hear seems to think the sox can land any one of these guys for Bowden + Lugo (lol1), I'm not sure of any of these three.

Gonzalez is very cheap for the next two years, something SD needs in a player.

Getting Holliday requires negotiating with Billy Beane, which means your farm gets ransacked.  And he's only a rental before FA.

Martinez is an elite hitter, and will cost a ton.  But he seems the most realistic of the three.

I think the sox really don't have to make any moves.  They just need to hope that Beckett and Lester get more consistent.

From a Yankee fan standpoint, I think all they need is a minor bullpen tweak.
Y