Author Topic: Shopping Black?  (Read 6857 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Shopping Black?
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 10:26:30 AM »
I do have a problem with it. Its like spoon feeding minorities. For minorities to be looked at as equals we need to be treated as equals. People dont understand that slavery was only 150 years ago, (and whites had 400 years to establish their systems, and got mega rich because they had no labor overhead) and it was legislation passed for us to legaly be looked at as equals. From 64 till now, Minorities have come a long way in a short time. I really think AA is a crutch.

I meant as far as personally in my decisions.  Example,  we needed a new cleaning service at the office.  I interviewed a few people and one was a tiny company started by three young black guys starting out.  They are all about 23 y/o.  Really nice guys.  They are little higher priced than the others, but I know the others would send illegal mexicans in my office and I wanted to give these guys a try. 

I went with these three young guys starting out and am glad to do so.  That is my personal version of AA.  It was a free choice on my part to try to help these three guys out, instead of going with some larger company at a cheaper price who would send illegals in my office.

Does that make sense at all?    That is what i meant by AA.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
I meant as far as personally in my decisions.  Example,  we needed a new cleaning service at the office.  I interviewed a few people and one was a tiny company started by three young black guys starting out.  They are all about 23 y/o.  Really nice guys.  They are little higher priced than the others, but I know the others would send illegal mexicans in my office and I wanted to give these guys a try. 

I went with these three young guys starting out and am glad to do so.  That is my personal version of AA.  It was a free choice on my part to try to help these three guys out, instead of going with some larger company at a cheaper price who would send illegals in my office.

Does that make sense at all?    That is what i meant by AA.

Oh that makes all the sense in the world. I ment AA as some kind of legal binding obligation to hire blacks based soley on being black. But you looked at the bigger picture when you practiced your form of AA.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »
Oh that makes all the sense in the world. I ment AA as some kind of legal binding obligation to hire blacks based soley on being black. But you looked at the bigger picture when you practiced your form of AA.

No kidding.  I really respect these youg guys for doing a hard job and hustling like they do, legally. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »
No samson.  There is a legal preference for the government to award minority owned companies contracts.  This clearly falls under the gov's affirmative action policies.  If your talking total #s, I'm sure more contracts go to non-minorities based upon #s alone but in a bidding situation, preference automatically goes to minorities (perhaps unless the contract quotas are met).  I know this for certain as it has affected several medical groups and occupational health groups hired by the government.

No Shooter you are DEAD WRONG...There are efforts to give contracts by the government to Black and Hispanic companies, but they are small contracts to small companies to pacify. You will NOT find the large lucrative contracts being doled out regardless of the size of the Black or Hispanic company or its experience. These government infrastructure building, education, construction etc contracts ALWAYS end up in the hands of white companies, because these same white companies are often in bed with government officials on the local, state and federal level.. I am not being racist just REAL.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »
I do have a problem with it. Its like spoon feeding minorities. For minorities to be looked at as equals we need to be treated as equals. People dont understand that slavery was only 150 years ago, (and whites had 400 years to establish their systems, and got mega rich because they had no labor overhead) and it was legislation passed for us to legaly be looked at as equals. From 64 till now, Minorities have come a long way in a short time. I really think AA is a crutch.

What legislation was passed to have Blacks or Hispanics looked upon as EQUALS??? There is no such thing. Slavery did not end in america with the civil war it continued right into the 20th century and to ensure Blacks did not rise whites created Jim Crow laws to keep Blacks unemployed, kept from getting or creating a business, land, farms etc and created a HATEFUL sentiment amongst whites which is still prevalent to this day. The american constitution still states that Blacks are 3/5 of a person...THAT WAS NEVER REMOVED!!!! So Blacks in particular are still looked upon as less than whites and you can see that attitude in america and clearly on this board (of all places). So far as Blacks and Hispanics coming a long way...in all honesty they have gone backward. with integration the Black communities were destroyed and the Black school system, businesses  churches which employed Black teachers, principals, businessmen etc was dismantled and whites put in charge and Black principals and teachers were left unemployed and Black businesses failed nationwide and have never been able to recover. So far as AA goes...white females have been the greatest beneficiary of AA as they were practically UNEMPLOYABLE until they joined the civil rights marches with Blacks. Once they gained their rights and could sue for discrimination they moved on and thought nothing of the Blacks who made it possible for them to advance and get jobs(. Blacks continued to fight discrimination, fight banks non-lending practices, fight educational institutions, fight real estate practices, fight for jobs etc etc. SO WHAT HAS REALLY CHANGED?????
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 11:29:36 AM »
Since, you hate white people so much, why dont you move someone else?

Who said I hate white people????...I hate what whites do...BIG DIFFERENCE.
C

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »
What legislation was passed to have Blacks or Hispanics looked upon as EQUALS??? There is no such thing. Slavery did not end in america with the civil war it continued right into the 20th century and to ensure Blacks did not rise whites created Jim Crow laws to keep Blacks unemployed, kept from getting or creating a business, land, farms etc and created a HATEFUL sentiment amongst whites which is still prevalent to this day. The american constitution still states that Blacks are 3/5 of a person...THAT WAS NEVER REMOVED!!!! So Blacks in particular are still looked upon as less than whites and you can see that attitude in america and clearly on this board (of all places). So far as Blacks and Hispanics coming a long way...in all honesty they have gone backward. with integration the Black communities were destroyed and the Black school system, businesses  churches which employed Black teachers, principals, businessmen etc was dismantled and whites put in charge and Black principals and teachers were left unemployed and Black businesses failed nationwide and have never been able to recover. So far as AA goes...white females have been the greatest beneficiary of AA as they were practically UNEMPLOYABLE until they joined the civil rights marches with Blacks. Once they gained their rights and could sue for discrimination they moved on and thought nothing of the Blacks who made it possible for them to advance and get jobs(. Blacks continued to fight discrimination, fight banks non-lending practices, fight educational institutions, fight real estate practices, fight for jobs etc etc. SO WHAT HAS REALLY CHANGED?????

Civil rights act. That was Legislation to end the systematic and lawful discrimination. Im not saying the legislation changed everyones mind, im saying it made it illegal to discriminate for those reasons. And we have made it far from 1950s. How cant you see that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Samson - you may not want to hear this, but you still speak as a slave yourself.  

The reality is that African Americans are only going to succeed by going into their own businesses and not relying on anyone else for "jobs"  etc.

Shit, after law school, I was unemployed for almost a year and worked in Gold's Gym , Bally's, etc.  It sucked.  

Do you really think a law firm in NYC named Diamond, Goldberg, Silverman, & Hochberg wants a italo-american vinny boom-bats in their office?????

How about a firm named  Johnson, Smith, Brown, and White?????

No difference at all!

I was bitter for awhile over this situation like you are.

I realized this early on and went in business for myself, screw everyone else.  For the first few years, things sucked!  I did not make much, but kept going.

Now, 6 years later, I have clients, cash flow, another business, freedom, and call my own shots on my dime.

I would not work for corporate america regardless of the salary.  I value my freedom, not security of a cushy jon in a poltically correct corrupt pc environment with phonies and backstabbers.

Do yourself a favor, pursue your dreams and dont wait on anyone to give you what you think you are entitled to.    

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:20 AM »
Samson, I cannot speak on large vs small contracts but there is definitely preference given to minority owned companies in general.  I have seen it first hand in the medical field.  In the cases I refer to, the companies employed less than 100 people so they are relatively small.  There was another contract outside of medical as well but I don't know how many people were employed and what the specific thought process of choosing that minority owned company (perhaps they bid lower, I don't know).

Yes Hugo, there is a gov mandate on preferentially rewarding minority company owners with contracts.  It happened to two contracts for medical service groups and I have heard of other cases as well in the industry.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
I am 100% with mal on this one.  AA action needs to be repealed for many reasons.

333386, same here...if I see someone hustling and they are from a disadvantaged backround or perhaps a minority, I'd probably give them the chance over someone else too.  I suppose in a way you root for that person (or group)...but they must perform, as it affects your bottom line!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
I am 100% with mal on this one.  AA action needs to be repealed for many reasons.

333386, same here...if I see someone hustling and they are from a disadvantaged backround or perhaps a minority, I'd probably give them the chance over someone else too.  I suppose in a way you root for that person (or group)...but they must perform, as it affects your bottom line!

I feel bad for a guy like Samson.  He is held back by his own hatred.  If he just took that energy and channeled it into somwething positive, he would not have to worry about white/black etc.

My life changed the minuted I accepted reality and made decisions on that premise, not what i thought things "should be."

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »
No doubt.

Like you, I like the freedom to make decisions like that.  Treat everyone equal but if you want to be benevolent (ie give to charity, support a cause, give an opportunity to someone who is a hard worker but lags in an area) than its your decision to do so.  I hate when the gov decides these things for us.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
Hey Samson, maybe its because the blacks and Spanish decided to invest all of their money in gangster rap, taco stands, chicken and waffle houses and nail salons? Since you're obviously mentally deficient and can only regurgitate stereotypes, how do you feel about those?

You guys can have your piece of shit nothing businesses. We'll handle the banks and multinational corporations. Thanks! ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »
Hey Samson, maybe its because the blacks and Spanish decided to invest all of their money in gangster rap, taco stands, chicken and waffle houses and nail salons? Since you're obviously mentally deficient and can only regurgitate stereotypes, how do you feel about those?

You guys can have your piece of shit nothing businesses. We'll handle the banks and multinational corporations. Thanks! ::)

Really...you are really dumb arent you.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »
No doubt.

Like you, I like the freedom to make decisions like that.  Treat everyone equal but if you want to be benevolent (ie give to charity, support a cause, give an opportunity to someone who is a hard worker but lags in an area) than its your decision to do so.  I hate when the gov decides these things for us.

I dont need the government to stand over me to tell me it is the right thing to do. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »
 ::) I'm dumb but this fucktard Samson makes racist and stereotypical comments in practically every thread and you say nothing?

I wrote that to make a point dumbass. Try reading the post again slowly.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
::) I'm dumb but this fucktard Samson makes racist and stereotypical comments in practically every thread and you say nothing?

Dropping down to Samsons' level does not do yourself any good.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »

You read the thread. I addressed Samson already re: AA...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 12:56:25 PM »
You read the thread. I addressed Samson already re: AA...

Check out xnxx.  Plenty of good stuff over there for you.     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2009, 12:59:26 PM »
Check out xnxx.  Plenty of good stuff over there for you.     

Thick broads?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »
If they want to "shop black" thats fine.This is America,do what you want,support who you want.Just like I prefer to live in a white neighborhood and hang out with whites,send my son to a school that 98% white and .5% black.I put a hardcore gym in my house so I can train with whites only and not be around blacks.Everyone should do what they want as long as your not bothering the next guy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »
If they want to "shop black" thats fine.This is America,do what you want,support who you want.Just like I prefer to live in a white neighborhood and hang out with whites,send my son to a school that 98% white and .5% black.I put a hardcore gym in my house so I can train with whites only and not be around blacks.Everyone should do what they want as long as your not bothering the next guy.

Lol this is America...you are quite the racist one arent you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »
Lol this is America...you are quite the racist one arent you

Who has time for all these bad feelings? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
Who has time for all these bad feelings? 

I dont know. I love everyone.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
I dont know. I love everyone.

Our country needs to stop focusing on racial issues and focus on more important things instrad.  There is nothing good coming out of constant "discussions" about race.