Author Topic: Who supports the federal war on drugs here?  (Read 453 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Who supports the federal war on drugs here?
« on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:33 AM »
If you do, can you state your reasons why?

Thank you.  :)
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Who supports the federal war on drugs here?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
If you do, can you state your reasons why?

Thank you.  :)

i have never done drugs in my entire life and think the war on drugs is nothing more than a huge welfare program for govt employees

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
i have never done drugs in my entire life and think the war on drugs is nothing more than a huge welfare program for govt employees

That's part of it; people who receive employment from within the context of the 'war on drugs' do have a vested interest in maintaining it. Mexico is degenerating into a Narco state where people are being murdered on a daily basis and even decapitated because NAFTA and the war on drugs. Waste of fucking money and time. Legalise everything and watch half of these problems go away.
I hate the State.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »
The war on drugs is a waste of time and money-- It also isn't a war because wars end.

That being said, you can't have the wholesale legalization of drugs. The cartels dont want legalization because then their profits go to zilch once the government seizes control. The government doesnt want legalization because a shitload of law enforcment types will be out of work and funding will be reduced to nothing for outfits like the DEA and Corrections. Politicians dont want legalization because they will lose a huge platform and rallying cry to dupe the public into voting for them, plus drugs are still considered a big deal to a lot of voters out there. The public by and large does not want legalization because of the tired argument about " the children ".

I think drugs should be illegal, but the laws should be enforced in a very limited fashion. Personal use shouldn't be punished- Addicts should go to treatment instead of prison. The only people who should be prosecuted are those who use violence in the comission and in of furtherance of drug dealing.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »

BOOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »

Xs 2.

Never even smoked weed, but I certainly don't give a shit if anyone else does.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »
The war on drugs is a waste of time and money-- It also isn't a war because wars end.

That being said, you can't have the wholesale legalization of drugs. The cartels dont want legalization because then their profits go to zilch once the government seizes control. The government doesnt want legalization because a shitload of law enforcment types will be out of work and funding will be reduced to nothing for outfits like the DEA and Corrections. Politicians dont want legalization because they will lose a huge platform and rallying cry to dupe the public into voting for them, plus drugs are still considered a big deal to a lot of voters out there. The public by and large does not want legalization because of the tired argument about " the children ".

I think drugs should be illegal, but the laws should be enforced in a very limited fashion. Personal use shouldn't be punished- Addicts should go to treatment instead of prison. The only people who should be prosecuted are those who use violence in the comission and in of furtherance of drug dealing.

All drugs should be legalised and you are right; the cartels would dry up and vanish.

Of course it is a war; war on drugs, war on cancer, war on illiteracy, war on poverty...war on terror...notice a pattern here?
I hate the State.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »
Thank your vice president Joe Biden for the war on drugs and the drug czar and many other silly ass anti-drug crap hes done including being the driving force getting steroids classified as a controlled substance.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »
Thank your vice president Joe Biden for the war on drugs and the drug czar and many other silly ass anti-drug crap hes done including being the driving force getting steroids classified as a controlled substance.

My vice-president? I didn't vote for him.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
Legalize pot and then make the punishment for crimes committed on drugs...or drug related...capital offenses.
L