Author Topic: “Diversity” PSA for California…..IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!  (Read 3357 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
According to Miss California USA pageant directos, Keith Lewis and Shanna Moakler, there’s been a Public Service Announcement in the works, for some time, to have their beauty queens talk about the “diversity” of California (PC talk for supporting liberal ideas, gay “marriage”, in particular).

That's not a problem when one director is gay (Lewis) and the other supports gay "marriage" (Moakler). It IS a problem, however, when the current titleholder DOES NOT agree with the gay "marriage" thing. Apprarently, Carrie Prejean didn't get the memo.

That would explain why Perez Hilton ask Miss California that particular question at that particular time. This was all part of a big PR campaign. Instead, the paegant directors have had to dredge up other current and former beauty queens to do the job for them. They claim they invited Prejean but she's a bit busy at the moment.

Here's what I find funny, according to Lewis,

This (PSA) has been in the works forever, but it got pushed to the front burner as we started to realize there was a vacuum sucking the life out of us. We were starting to feel that people might not be seeing our vision clearly right now," Miss California Co-Director Keith Lewis told Tarts at the shoot. "We gathered these amazing women; these are the empowered spokespeople of our organization that are constantly in the front lines as the shining example of what this organization does. For us in state of California, its all about diversity, beauty, landscape and tourism. These are the women that are committed to that platform."

OOOOOHH!!!! They're committed to "that platform", not the one which CALIFORNIA VOTERS supported on two seperate occasions).

But this is the most backwards thing of them all. Even though the majority of her state (and this country) believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, (per the article) “numerous pageant insiders and former title holders feel that if Prejean wishes to continue her crusade in advocating her traditional views of marriage, she should first resign from her regal role."

Per Miss USA 2004, Shandi Finnessey, ”I think it's awesome that she’s found something that she’s very passionate about and found this voice, but if she wants to pursue that and emphasize those opinions she should do it as Carrie not as Miss California so therefore I do think she should step down.”

So, Miss California shouldn't be out there expressing the view on marriage of her own state?  ???

Of course, if they strip Prejean of her title, they'll try to pretend that it was about the pictures. Never mind that the Miss Universe directors (for whom Miss California USA bubbas ultimately work) let a contestant, Erin McNaught compete in 2006 (even though she did topless photos, showing far more than Prejean did) or that Moakler, the other director of the Miss CA USA, got booty-butt naked for Playboy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519468,00.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: “Diversity” PSA for California…..IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »
Has she stripped butt naked yet?

Otherwise I don't see what the big deal is.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
Has she stripped butt naked yet?

Otherwise I don't see what the big deal is.

To my knowledge, she has not.

But, the "big deal" is that (we now know) the Miss CA folks want their titleholder to be the poster girl for gay "marriage". But Prejean ain't playing along with them.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »
She sounds like a good girl, not caving into the "gay" pressure.  :-X
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »
To my knowledge, she has not.

But, the "big deal" is that (we now know) the Miss CA folks want their titleholder to be the poster girl for gay "marriage". But Prejean ain't playing along with them.

I don't see where it says that. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »
She upset the apple cart.  Good for her.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »
What about diversity in opinions?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
What about diversity in opinions?

Only if you agree with them. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 12:05:05 PM »
She did some "racy" non naked photo's and the super fag Hilton was on MSNBC spouting rules and regs. The guy is so full of shit. Perfect example of the evils of the net. Some no talent wannabe actor, starts a blog site that defames people and makes a living from it.
L

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »
She did some "racy" non naked photo's and the super fag Hilton was on MSNBC spouting rules and regs. The guy is so full of shit. Perfect example of the evils of the net. Some no talent wannabe actor, starts a blog site that defames people and makes a living from it.

Heck, there's more skin shown on the cover of Vanity Fair. Now that you mentioned it, this month's FLEX Swimsuit issue has FAR more "racy" photos than the one of Prejean.

And as mentioned earlier, one of the directors of the pageant that is considering stripping her of the crown POSED BUTT-BOOTY NAKED for Playboy.

Did I mention that Trump allowed Miss Austrailia to compete in the Miss Universe, despite her nude photos?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
Only if you agree with them. 

Tommorrow, the Donald makes the decision, regarding her Miss CA crown.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
Heck, there's more skin shown on the cover of Vanity Fair. Now that you mentioned it, this month's FLEX Swimsuit issue has FAR more "racy" photos than the one of Prejean.

And as mentioned earlier, one of the directors of the pageant that is considering stripping her of the crown POSED BUTT-BOOTY NAKED for Playboy.

Did I mention that Trump allowed Miss Austrailia to compete in the Miss Universe, despite her nude photos?

You have a dirty mind MCWAY....
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
I don't see where it says that. 

bump

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:34 AM »
bump

Read between the lines, Ozmo.

We gathered these amazing women; these are the empowered spokespeople of our organization that are constantly in the front lines as the shining example of what this organization does. For us in state of California, its all about diversity, beauty, landscape and tourism. These are the women that are committed to that platform."

Those are the words of one Keith Lewis, the director of the Miss California USA paegant, who JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE GAY.

He wants women committed to his platform of "diversity" (i.e. gay "marriage"). Prejean ain't down with the program.

Hence, we have the far-left witchhunt, seen over the past few weeks.

Again, what are the odds of a flaming homosexual judge asking the holder of the Miss CA title (from the state, embroiled in the Prop. 8 issue, a marriage amendment passed six months ago), the director of which is gay and plans on running a PSA to support gay "marriage", just randomly happening at the Miss USA contest?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
Read between the lines, Ozmo.

We gathered these amazing women; these are the empowered spokespeople of our organization that are constantly in the front lines as the shining example of what this organization does. For us in state of California, its all about diversity, beauty, landscape and tourism. These are the women that are committed to that platform."

Those are the words of one Keith Lewis, the director of the Miss California USA paegant, who JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE GAY.

He wants women committed to his platform of "diversity" (i.e. gay "marriage"). Prejean ain't down with the program.

Hence, we have the far-left witchhunt, seen over the past few weeks.

Again, what are the odds of a flaming homosexual judge asking the holder of the Miss CA title (from the state, embroiled in the Prop. 8 issue, a marriage amendment passed six months ago), the director of which is gay and plans on running a PSA to support gay "marriage", just randomly happening at the Miss USA contest?

He doesn't say directly.  He doesn't even say it indirectly.

He doesn't say it. 

You say it.  In fact, you that's what he is saying because he's gay.

You are worse than some of these CT nuts on this in this instance on this article.

California, is a very diverse state:  Mexicans, White, blacks, asians etc..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
Hmmmm . . . .  .

Pageant Double Standard? Steamy Photos of Miss Rhode Island Won't Threaten Her Crown
Monday, May 11, 2009 

While racy photos of Miss California Carrie Prejean could cost the outspoken first runner up in the Miss USA pageant her crown, pageant officials don't seem to care about even steamier photos of Miss Rhode Island that appeared in a men’s magazine.

So is Prejean being targeted simply for her beliefs?

As Prejean has kept busy making appearances with groups opposed to same-sex marriage, officials at the Miss California USA organization have been investigating whether she violated her contract by failing to reveal that she had posed in her underwear as a teenager.

Meanwhile 2009 Miss Rhode Island Alysha Castonguay has also posed in revealing photo shoots, but is apparently not in danger of losing her crown.

Castonguay posed topless for a Maxim magazine shoot and a few swimsuit calendars before competing in the pageant, but reportedly revealed the pictures to Miss USA officials, who approved them.

Castonguay even told gossip site TMZ that she felt Prejean was being targeted simply because she answered her pageant question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.

“I personally believe this situation is stemming from the controversy over her opinion and not a photo,” Castonguay said.

Officials from the Miss Rhode Island USA organization were not immediately available for comment Monday.

The final decision over whether she will keep her crown will be reached Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519813,00.html

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
He doesn't say directly.  He doesn't even say it indirectly.

He doesn't say it. 

You say it.  In fact, you that's what he is saying because he's gay.

You are worse than some of these CT nuts on this in this instance on this article.

California, is a very diverse state:  Mexicans, White, blacks, asians etc..

And you have a classic case of ostrich syndrome on this one.

The "diversity" of which he speaks has NOTHING to do with blacks, Mexicans, whites, or Asians.

This is about one thing and one thing only: Prejean's answer to Perez Hilton's gay "marriage" question.

An openly gay paegant director, along withi his gay-"marriage"-sympathizing co-director, wants to do a PSA with the end-goal of drawing support for same-sex "marriage" in California. You think he isn't miffed that his beauty queen is not only refusing to play along, she's doing PSAs and interview with his opponents on the matter (Prejean was on Focus on the Family earlier today. The interview was done today, but only the first half was aired. Part 2 airs tomorrow)?

Lewis further states, "We are just trying to move forward in what is the best way for the organization, the women, the titleholder and the state. Carrie is still Miss California USA, but right now she is not acting in the capacity of Miss California USA. She is acting as Carrie Prejean and working on things that are important to Carrie Prejean."

I'm sorry! How is she NOT acting in the capacity of Miss California, especially considering that Californians have VOTED TWICE that marriage is a union between a man and a woman?

Based on this (and that rather mealy-mouthed press conference he held earlier today), it's clear that Lewis' anger stems more from the fact that Miss Prejan isn't "working on thing that are important" to HIM, namely the promotion of gay "marriage".

Well, you could also include the fact that it's the Donald who has the final say on whether or not Prejean keeps her crown. Unless he does a big switch from his demeanor from his interview on "Fox and Friends", I'd say she keeps it. But, we'll see.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »
And you have a classic case of ostrich syndrome on this one.

The "diversity" of which he speaks has NOTHING to do with blacks, Mexicans, whites, or Asians.

This is about one thing and one thing only: Prejean's answer to Perez Hilton's gay "marriage" question.

An openly gay paegant director, along withi his gay-"marriage"-sympathizing co-director, wants to do a PSA with the end-goal of drawing support for same-sex "marriage" in California. You think he isn't miffed that his beauty queen is not only refusing to play along, she's doing PSAs and interview with his opponents on the matter (Prejean was on Focus on the Family earlier today. The interview was done today, but only the first half was aired. Part 2 airs tomorrow)?

Lewis further states, "We are just trying to move forward in what is the best way for the organization, the women, the titleholder and the state. Carrie is still Miss California USA, but right now she is not acting in the capacity of Miss California USA. She is acting as Carrie Prejean and working on things that are important to Carrie Prejean."

I'm sorry! How is she NOT acting in the capacity of Miss California, especially considering that Californians have VOTED TWICE that marriage is a union between a man and a woman?

Based on this (and that rather mealy-mouthed press conference he held earlier today), it's clear that Lewis' anger stems more from the fact that Miss Prejan isn't "working on thing that are important" to HIM, namely the promotion of gay "marriage".

Well, you could also include the fact that it's the Donald who has the final say on whether or not Prejean keeps her crown. Unless he does a big switch from his demeanor from his interview on "Fox and Friends", I'd say she keeps it. But, we'll see.

This a complete and total assumption due to bias and fear on your part based on ZERO facts.

You have failed to show where he says what you say he says.  You are doing nothing more than putting words in his mouth.

I applaud Miss California speaking her mind.  I understand that she didn't make some important people in the pageant very happy about it.  But I'm not luring myself into thinking something that isn't based on the article you posted.  You are. 

It may end up being as you say, but based on everything you've shown so far, it's nothing of the sort.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »
This a complete and total assumption due to bias and fear on your part based on ZERO facts.

You have failed to show where he says what you say he says.  You are doing nothing more than putting words in his mouth.

I applaud Miss California speaking her mind.  I understand that she didn't make some important people in the pageant very happy about it.  But I'm not luring myself into thinking something that isn't based on the article you posted.  You are. 

It may end up being as you say, but based on everything you've shown so far, it's nothing of the sort.

Well, add to what has already been posted, the fact that Shanna Moakler just QUIT as co-director of the Miss CA paegant.

Apparently, a titleholder who believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman is just TOO MUCH for her to bear, especially given that (as he stated earlier today on "Fox and Friends") the decision of Trump was an "easy" one. It appears that he had no intent of firing Prejean, from the get-go.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »
Well, add to what has already been posted, the fact that Shanna Moakler just QUIT as co-director of the Miss CA paegant.

Apparently, a titleholder who believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman is just TOO MUCH for her to bear, especially given that (as he stated earlier today on "Fox and Friends") the decision of Trump was an "easy" one. It appears that he had no intent of firing Prejean, from the get-go.

Did Shanna Moakler state why she quit?  All you have there is speculation.  Because the PSA was never framed, outline, directed or otherwise as a PSA for Gay Marriage.  Something you weren't able to show at all.  Even then, as a PSA, I don't see how she could have talked about Gay Marriage as a benefit for being in California if it is not legal there.  I wonder, was there ever a transcript of the alleged PSA anywhere?

Trump did the right thing.  I didn't think he'd have fired her because it would have looked like a monster double standard and the girl didn't do anything wrong anyway.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 07:08:23 AM »
Did Shanna Moakler state why she quit?  All you have there is speculation.  Because the PSA was never framed, outline, directed or otherwise as a PSA for Gay Marriage.  Something you weren't able to show at all.  Even then, as a PSA, I don't see how she could have talked about Gay Marriage as a benefit for being in California if it is not legal there.  I wonder, was there ever a transcript of the alleged PSA anywhere?

Trump did the right thing.  I didn't think he'd have fired her because it would have looked like a monster double standard and the girl didn't do anything wrong anyway.

Yes, Moakler did, claiming that she "had to stand up for her principles". She happens to be a supporter of gay "marriage". For some reason I don't think it's about nude photos.

As for the PSA, again, do you REALLY think that this "diversity" thing is about the trees, mountains or any kind the scenery, or the racial mix of blacks, whites, Mexicans, and Asians (you can say that about SEVERAL southwestern states)?

I've done the math, as the saying goes, and come up with the following:

1. Extremely flaming homosexual from California (a state that passed a marriage amendment less than 6 months prior) asks Miss CA if she thinks other states should do what Vermont did.

2. Miss CA effectively says "NO!", stating the widely-held belief that marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

3. Aforementioned fruity judge has hissy-fit, calling Ms. Prejean all out her name.

4. Another homo gets on MSNBC, blasting her and claiming she's a tranny.

5. Other Hollywood types and folks from the left degrade her and drag her family's name in the mud.

6. Paegant directors (one gay, the other a gay "marriage" supporter) call for her resignation, with the Miss CA runner-up on speed-dial.

7. "Nude" pictures "conveniently" show up, causing the directors (one of whom legitimately got butt-naked for Playboy) to call for Prejean's resignation.

8. News of PSA for "Diversity", which has been in the works "forever", co-inciding with an effort to start a campaign to reverse Prop. 8 (which most believe will remain in place) with an amendment, started by gay activists and supporters.

9. The Donald (who gets the last word) stretches this out, doing personal appearances before officially declaring that Ms. Prejean keeps the crown....which leads many to wonder if her crown was ever in jeopardy in the first place.

10. Co-director quits, citing her principles as reason for her resignation. Having posed naked herself, I doubt that's the principle which drove her decision to bid farewell.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »
10. Co-director quits, citing her principles as reason for her resignation. Having posed naked herself, I doubt that's the principle which drove her decision to bid farewell.

I wonder why the same people who are calling Miss Cali. a hypocrite are not calling this co-director a hypocrite too.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Yes, Moakler did, claiming that she "had to stand up for her principles". She happens to be a supporter of gay "marriage". For some reason I don't think it's about nude photos.

I've done the math, as the saying goes, and come up with the following:

1. Extremely flaming homosexual from California (a state that passed a marriage amendment less than 6 months prior) asks Miss CA if she thinks other states should do what Vermont did.

2. Miss CA effectively says "NO!", stating the widely-held belief that marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

3. Aforementioned fruity judge has hissy-fit, calling Ms. Prejean all out her name.

4. Another homo gets on MSNBC, blasting her and claiming she's a tranny.

5. Other Hollywood types and folks from the left degrade her and drag her family's name in the mud.

6. Paegant directors (one gay, the other a gay "marriage" supporter) call for her resignation, with the Miss CA runner-up on speed-dial.

7. "Nude" pictures "conveniently" show up, causing the directors (one of whom legitimately got butt-naked for Playboy) to call for Prejean's resignation.

8. News of PSA for "Diversity", which has been in the works "forever", co-inciding with an effort to start a campaign to reverse Prop. 8 (which most believe will remain in place) with an amendment, started by gay activists and supporters.

9. The Donald (who gets the last word) stretches this out, doing personal appearances before officially declaring that Ms. Prejean keeps the crown....which leads many to wonder if her crown was ever in jeopardy in the first place.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

So basically this is just a "theory" or a hunch of yours not based on anything concrete?

As for the PSA, again, do you REALLY think that this "diversity" thing is about the trees, mountains or any kind the scenery, or the racial mix of blacks, whites, Mexicans, and Asians (you can say that about SEVERAL southwestern states)?

Living in California for 30 years, its always been called a diverse state because of racial diversity and cultural diversity.  I don;t see where you can have any grounds to link "diversity" used on the context it's being used to gay marriage.

I agree, though, this Pageant direct sounds like a real piece of work.  But you seem to be using CT logic here.  Unless of course we had a transcript of the PSA that promoted Gay marriage.  Which, as i talked about earlier, doesn't makes sense because gay marriage isn't legal in California.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 08:08:29 AM »
I wonder why the same people who are calling Miss Cali. a hypocrite are not calling this co-director a hypocrite too.

I agree, she's being hypocritical.  But no one cares about her.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
So basically this is just a "theory" or a hunch of yours not based on anything concrete?

Living in California for 30 years, its always been called a diverse state because of racial diversity and cultural diversity.  I don;t see where you can have any grounds to link "diversity" used on the context it's being used to gay marriage.

You think all this hub-bub is about trees, mountains, and healthy number of Mexicans?

I agree, though, this Pageant direct sounds like a real piece of work.  But you seem to be using CT logic here.  Unless of course we had a transcript of the PSA that promoted Gay marriage.  Which, as i talked about earlier, doesn't makes sense because gay marriage isn't legal in California.

I know that. Gay activists want it to be legal again, and the effort is on to get an amendment started to counter Prop. 8 (assuming the court leaves it alone).

Landscape, scenery, and legions of non-white people have been part of CA's history. But that ain't the driving force behind this PSA. Otherwise, Moakler and Lewis would not have had epileptic fits over Prejean's appearances at NOM or FOTF, who just so happen not to support their "diversity".