Author Topic: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!  (Read 40027 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »
This diet is defying all common logic. I'm still waiting for a sign that fat loss is coming.  It's been over a week now with no carbs but here's what I've been eating.  Mind you I'm 6'4" and 300 pounds. Not sure what my bodyfat % is, but right now I wear 40 waist pants but at my leanest I can wear 36 inch pants, so I do have 4 inches to lose on the waist

5:00 am wake up, ECA stack + BCAA
30 min low impact cardio
post cardio -whey shake, 10 grams of fiber,scoop emerald green and 5 grams fish oil.

8:30 am 1 1/3 pound sirloin burger ( no bun,or ketchup) 90/10 fat + broccoli

11:30 am 1 cup pistachios or almonds or mac nuts

2:30 pm 1 1/3 pound sirloin burger 90/10 fat (no bun or ketchup)+ 5 grams Evening Primrose oil + brocolli

4:30 pm BCAAS and other ECA

5:00 pm workout

6:00 pm post workout - Whey shake + BCAAs

6:30 pm 1/2 chicken (no skin) or a steak or 2 buffallo hotdogs from costco, broccoli

8:30 pm before bed, whey mixed with 10 grams fiber, 1 tablespoon fortified flax, 1 tablespoon mac nut oil

So I've been eating similar all week, maybe sometimes having 4 eggs and cheese omelets , adding cheese to the burgers etc...

Seriously.  I'm thinking I'm going to get fat as hell eating this.  I'm not missing carbs at all.  The only carbs I get are the 6 grams from the emerald green mix.  No ketchup, sauces, nothing.  Am I just too skeptical?
I'm going to go three weeks on this before I try the carb up weekend.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
This is kinda what I'm doing too, and I finished my first week and I've been in a BAD mood. But... it's getting better. Feeling like I lost some water weight, and not having many bowel movements. Maybe I need more fiber.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »
yeah, i've been pissing like a maniac, and the bowels are ok.  I used to shit more and better before eating normal without any extra fiber.  now it's not the best, I always feel like I have to crap even when I just finish.  and yes, I was grumpy as shit for a couple of days. watching game 4 of the lakers on Thursday I could hardly make out the score.  It was all blurry.  I'll stick with this for at least month and see how it works out. It's too late to change my diet for the summer

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »
What you guys are experiencing is totally normal, I felt terrible the first 2 1/2 weeks, by week 3 I started feeling better, and by week 4 I felt great..so thats pretty much how I knew that my body adjusted to the diet for the most part, then I started the carb up weekends after that. The first weekend I went a little overboard way too much sugar based foods (doughnuts, cake, cookies, pop tarts, ice cream), but since then I've been trying to carb up with more cleaner stuff and keep the sugary stuff before and after workouts, which I feel is the best strategy...but lots of fruits, oats, rice, pasta. Mon of Steel your diet looks pretty clean man, you should be leaning up nicely, I actually think you should be getting more fats for a guy your size, u needs fats for energy so you may want to up the fats/cals a bit..more eggs possibly.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
Yeah I've been eating eggs like crazy.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »
I'm in it to win it, so I'm going to rough it out for 3-4 weeks before jumping into the weekend carb thing.  The only carb I am honestly missing is watermelon.  Fucking love watermelon.  No I'm not black  ;D .

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
The AD is supposed to be high carb and moderate fat (low protein) on the weekends, certainly not LOW fat since you basically remove your fuel source then and make the switch back to a glucose metabolism a little more likely to occur (although it probably won't happen anyway after only two days). It's absolutely the best diet out there. I've uploaded the ebook somewhere in the past, will check if it's still there!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »
I started this diet on this week. So 2 days so far. Pretty low on calories too. I am not feeling bad, yesterday I felt fucking good after workout like I am on some kind of drug. :D Wtf? :D Although I was tired at the evening, and this morning.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2009, 02:32:22 PM »
The book is okay but there is one issue I have for it.  it considers a 3000 calorie diet to be a mass gainer one and the 1500 to be the cutter.   But if you look at the sample meals who the fuck can survive a 6 hour span during the day eating a cheese string stick and two sugar free jello cups?  I'd pass out from starvation eating that.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »
The book is okay but there is one issue I have for it.  it considers a 3000 calorie diet to be a mass gainer one and the 1500 to be the cutter.   But if you look at the sample meals who the fuck can survive a 6 hour span during the day eating a cheese string stick and two sugar free jello cups?  I'd pass out from starvation eating that.
it has a certain calorie amount per pound. something like 20 calories per pound for gaining and 10 calories  per pound for cutting.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 07:06:06 AM »
it has a certain calorie amount per pound. something like 20 calories per pound for gaining and 10 calories  per pound for cutting.

See that's just ridiculous then.  If you're 200 pounds and eat 2000 calories a day whether it is high fat or low fat and moderate carbs you are going to lose weight.  If you are active, do cardio, workout, take fat burners and eat just 2000 calories a day you will be a fat burning machine regardless of what type of diet you are on.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
The AD never states you dont have to be in caloric deficit to lose weight, you do.  This just makes it very easy to stay in those caloric ranges when dieting.  You feel full almost all the time due to the satiety of the fat in the diet.  And it all is customizable to the individual, those were just baseline numbers.  I have found if you eat every 3-4 hours and break your meals down to equal parts, then there is no issue with hunger or cravings at all.  I feel the main difference in effect with this diet is how you conduct your carb up, which is very individual specific and you have to learn how your body responds. 

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
You have to count calories at least in the ballpark to cut on this diet. Carbups are a must to reprime your system. You dont get to the goal faster by not having carb ups, it will slow progress down.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »
Good posts by both previous posters!

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »
Would ketogenesis provide enough fuel for the body if somebody on some party drug like mdma or cocain? What if he/she does it at the ch loading phase? What if he/she starts the ch loading right after the party prior to sleeping (with junk food) than countines on the next two days mostly clean? Which would be "better"?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2009, 11:10:02 AM »
Would ketogenesis provide enough fuel for the body if somebody on some party drug like mdma or cocain? What if he/she does it at the ch loading phase? What if he/she starts the ch loading right after the party prior to sleeping (with junk food) than countines on the next two days mostly clean?

zero carb diets are for normal metabolisms. when you add ini stimulants that speed you up, and your not on loads of gear, your deifnitely going to get super high cportisol and start eating up muscle.

i experienced this a few years ago. i was a lean natural 185lbs... looked good... one month of coke and i was a skinnnny fat ugly lookinig 170...  lost 15 lbs but must have lost 30 of muscle and gained 15 fat (binge eatign when coming down)

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »
So it would be better to ch load prior to party? I am not talking about excess drug use, one day in every 2-3 weeks.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 11:16:25 AM »
So it would be better to ch load prior to party? I am not talking about excess drug use, one day in every 2-3 weeks.
why not do your carbs wwhile you party? take some xxxl monster energy drink with you...full of sugar... and the caffiene will make your party drugs funner  :P

or try orange juice... back in the day everybody would drink orange juice while on extacy..suposedly the vitamin c gets yuor high amped up better

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
Yeah I thought about this too. :D Thanks for the replies!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »
the thing about carbs are.... when your body is releasing insulin, its impossible for it to also be releasing cortisol.. so they are very very anti catabolic..... so its best to time carb intake precisely during yur most catabolic activities

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »
Good to know. :) Your posts are very informativ nowadays, keep up the good work! ;)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »
In the end it seems all diets are bullshit and pure propaganda.  The end result for fat loss is eat enough protein and burn more calories than you ingest.

Eating more fats will make you happier I guess.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »
Well with the MDMA, I think you want to start your carb load at same time, cause you definitely will be jonesen for carbs the next day and you also need those carbs if you ever want to replenish your serotonin.  Not that I have any idea about that feeling   ::) 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
I've just finished 3 weeks on this and to be honest, my cravings for carbs aren't there.  As for weight loss, I think it is happening but I'll need to be patient.  My workouts haven't suffered much.  I am shitting a lot and pissing like crazy.  I'll do my first carb weekend in one more week.