Author Topic: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman  (Read 12200 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 08:32:36 AM »
I can see Megan Fox cast as Wonder Woman.  :)  I think Angelina Jolie would make a better Wonder Woman tho.

Judy...

Are you subconsciously repressing some kind of delayed onset adolescent desire to wear the Golden Lasso?
 ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »
Judy...

Are you subconsciously repressing some kind of delayed onset adolescent desire to wear the Golden Lasso?
 ;D

{blush}  :-[  ummm... I don't think so, ...but you never know.
I've been experiencing a whole bunch of delayed onset adolescent desires.  :D
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »
{blush}  :-[  ummm... I don't think so, ...but you never know.
I've been experiencing a whole bunch of delayed onset adolescent desires.  :D

Well, it's not bad if it is.
Now, if I was the one repressing that desire, then we could worry.

And if I ever gave in, it’d be time to move to San Francisco.
Although, with all the sh!t going on in CA, it may be best to wait before boarding that flight on the Invisible Jet.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »
Nick Fury is a C list character along the lines of Rick Jones.  Most people have no idea who he is so making him black is a non-issue.  But as someone said above, WW is part of DC's holy trinity.  She most certainly should not be played by a black actress.  >:(

Twitter Campaign Wants 'Community' Actor to Be First Non-White Spider-Man
by Lindsay Robertson · June 1, 2010

Could the movies soon have the first African American Spider-Man?

If thousands of Twitter users get their way, the star of Sony's upcoming reboot of the franchise will be Donald Glover, best known from his role on NBC's "Community." This weekend the Twitter hashtag "donald4spiderman" became the #3 trending topic in the U.S., and the campaign is still gaining steam.

The origins of this latest attempt by social media users to influence casting decisions occurred last week. After surveying the five mostly unknown white actors said to be vying for the role, Marc Bernadin, a writer for the sci-fi site io9.com, called the choices "bland" and asked, "In this day and age, why does Spidey have to be a white guy?" In response, commenters threw out Donald Glover's name as a possible contender, and a Twitter campaign was born.

A unique aspect of this latest fan campaign is its wholehearted support by the subject in question. Glover seems to like the idea (though he makes it clear on his Twitter page that he's interested in auditioning, not just being handed the role without first having to prove his worthiness). While he had nothing to do with its inception, Glover himself has been promoting the campaign, instructing fans to tweet the #donald4spiderman hash tag at strategic times to keep it trending.

In years past, an Internet petition of this kind might not be given much credence, but given the overwhelming success of the recent social-media uprising to get Betty White a hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live," this could be Glover's ticket to director Marc Webb's tryout room. He and his fans will have to act fast, though: The Hollywood Reporter is already forecasting the five most likely contenders for the role, and Glover is not on the list

Glover, a comedian and former writer for "30 Rock," has starred in only one movie so far: "Mystery Team," a comedy he co-created with his sketch comedy team, Derrick Comedy, which came out in 2009.

One hurdle Glover's fans will have is in his presumed bankability as a movie star: "Mystery Team" brought in a meager $89.4 thousand in domestic box-office sales.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-twitter-campaign-wants-community-actor-to-be-first-non-white-spider-man.html

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
Sorry, but no.  Peter Parker/Spiderman is caucasian and there is no reason to try to change that in a reboot. >:(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 03:00:58 AM »
Sorry, but no.  Peter Parker/Spiderman is caucasian and there is no reason to try to change that in a reboot. >:(
I agree, although, Spidey was one of the first "Superheroes that you couldn't tell if he was white or black...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
Both Iron Man and Green Lantern created African American versions of those characters within the comic books and that is entirely legitimate, but changing the racial identify of iconic characters like Wonder Woman and Spiderman for the sake of a movie (and political correctness? The ego of some actor?) makes no sense.  I grew up reading comics and I find this offensive.  

There are plenty of black characters in the Marvel and DC universe.  Power Man, Nubia, Storm, Blade, T’Challa/Black Panther, Falcon, Sunspot, Black Lightning…

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
The New Wonder Woman!

Makeover for Wonder Woman at 69
By GEORGE GENE GUSTINES

Wednesday is a good day for Wonder Woman. This 69-year-old superheroine, published by DC Comics, will don a new — and less revealing — costume and enjoy the publication of Issue No. 600 of her monthly series.

The costume ties into an alternative history for the character devised by J. Michael Straczynski, the new writer of the series, and into a quest by DC to shine a critical and creative spotlight on the heroine, who stands with Superman and Batman in its primary triumvirate of superstars, despite her series’s modest sales.

In the reimagining of her story, Wonder Woman, instead of growing up on Paradise Island with her mother, Queen Hippolyta, and her Amazon sisters, is smuggled out as a baby when unknown forces destroy her home and slaughter its inhabitants...   http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/30/books/30wonder.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=wonder%20woman&st=cse

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 07:54:52 AM »
Oh, really? Who says we can't have a black Wonder Woman?

just cause its been done...whats next...an Arab archi cartoon with an egyptian betty....

a ginger superman with freckles and red hair?

a gay black batman?  i mean as long as you r pushing that envelope and ruining our childhood memories...which we have grown to love and dont wanna change...why not?

you cant just up and change stuff like that that is SET in a huge collective memory a certain way
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
i say don't mess with the characters.  If they are white they stay white, black stay black, asian..well look Gawziwa!!!!  The fact that they are making thor and conan black is bad enough.  I mean seriously, Thor is Nordic!  Obama is screwing up the movies too! lol

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »
i say don't mess with the characters.  If they are white they stay white, black stay black, asian..well look Gawziwa!!!!  The fact that they are making thor and conan black is bad enough.  I mean seriously, Thor is Nordic!  Obama is screwing up the movies too! lol

people say that saying we shouldn't have a black conan or a black wonderwomen is racist...

IS NOT....

white guys made these superheroes....black n brown people r welcome to come up with their own superheros, NOT change someone elses creation...obviously a white dood isn't gonna create a black superhero ....cause he'll see himself in that superhero
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »
There are plenty of black characters in the Marvel and DC universe.  Power Man, Nubia, Storm, Blade, T’Challa/Black Panther, Falcon, Sunspot, Black Lightning…

Other than Storm and Blade(Thanks to the Wesley Snipes movies), I don't know who Power Man, Nubia, T’Challa/Black Panther, Falcon, Sunspot, Black Lightning are.  

But I do know very well who Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, and Thor are.  

See my point?   :-\

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »
people say that saying we shouldn't have a black conan or a black wonderwomen is racist...

IS NOT....

white guys made these superheroes....black n brown people r welcome to come up with their own superheros, NOT change someone elses creation...obviously a white dood isn't gonna create a black superhero ....cause he'll see himself in that superhero

During the time when today's most popular comic super heroes were created(30s, 40s, 50s), black super heroes were not popular in the US.  That's the problem.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
During the time when today's most popular comic super heroes were created(30s, 40s, 50s), black super heroes were not popular in the US.  That's the problem.

r you saying blacks r not creative enough to come up with some that appeal to the general masses now?

what you refer to a problem is not a problem...its just how it is...you CANNOT force a change by coming up with black superman...you dont see indians and pakistanis in india and pakistan trying to come with with brown versions of white superheoes...how bad do you wanna potray " deep deep down..i really wanna be white" :-\....actually bollywood tried and got shunned by its own people for it

the rest of us....brown people..asian people end up seeing it as....here we go again...special treatement been given to the black community cause they probably aren't smart enough to come up with their own ideas...so take a white idea and turn it black  :-\   most brown people wont admit it....but pakistanis and indians are pretty sick of the "special black" treatment....and a lot of us are starting to see whites as weak and continuously apologitic for doing so

south africa had brown (indian) people slavery....you dont see south african browns asking to be treated special.
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
r you saying blacks r not creative enough to come up with some that appeal to the general masses now?

what you refer to a problem is not a problem...its just how it is...you CANNOT force a change by coming up with black superman...you dont see indians and pakistanis in india and pakistan trying to come with with brown versions of white superheoes...how bad do you wanna potray " deep deep down..i really wanna be white" :-\....actually bollywood tried and got shunned by its own people for it

the rest of us....brown people..asian people end up seeing it as....here we go again...special treatement been given to the black community cause they probably aren't smart enough to come up with their own ideas...so take a white idea and turn it black  :-\   most brown people wont admit it....but pakistanis and indians are pretty sick of the "special black" treatment....and a lot of us are starting to see whites as weak and continuously apologitic for doing so

south africa had brown (indian) people slavery....you dont see south african browns asking to be treated special.

Nope, not what I'm saying at all.  We'll just have to see several decades from now which of today's new super heroes will become famous and popular, and what they will look like.  It takes time.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »
Nope, not what I'm saying at all.  We'll just have to see several decades from now which of today's new super heroes will become famous and popular, and what they will look like.  It takes time.

hancock ws a great movie (dunno why it got bad reviews)

a black superhero that can fly with an attitude problem....see...i'd watch part 2 to that

carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
hancock ws a great movie (dunno why it got bad reviews)

a black superhero that can fly with an attitude problem....see...i'd watch part 2 to that

Yup, I enjoyed it too!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010, 12:48:12 PM »
Yup, I enjoyed it too!

PS several decades from now movie theaters will be a thing of the past...once TV screens hit the  300inch size and that size becomes affordable theaters r GONE! and i say it'll happen in less then 10 years

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/08/new-record-for-worlds-largest-tv/
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »
PS several decades from now movie theaters will be a thing of the past...once TV screens hit the  300inch size and that size becomes affordable theaters r GONE! and i say it'll happen in less then 10 years

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/08/new-record-for-worlds-largest-tv/

Probably!  I know people in the US who hardly watch tv, rent movies or go to the movie theater anymore because they have Netflix, Hulu and a heck of an entertainment center at home.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2010, 01:15:40 PM »
Probably!  I know people in the US who hardly watch tv, rent movies or go to the movie theater anymore because they have Netflix, Hulu and a heck of an entertainment center at home.

exactly....although i DO miss going to the movie store and browsing movies and looking at all the DVD covers  :(
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
Other than Storm and Blade(Thanks to the Wesley Snipes movies), I don't know who Power Man, Nubia, T’Challa/Black Panther, Falcon, Sunspot, Black Lightning are.  

But I do know very well who Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, and Thor are.  

See my point?   :-\

white is right?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »
white is right?

Nope.  The point is that the ratio of white to non-white super heroes that were created in the 30s, 40s and 50s is disproportionate due to racism, segregation and inequality in those days.  Some black people are simply now trying to even things out a little.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
Some black people are simply now trying to even things out a little.

thats fine...as long as ya show some creativity and even them out by creating new black superheroes...

not just changing the colour of another persons idea and calling it new  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2010, 06:35:11 AM »
thats fine...as long as ya show some creativity and even them out by creating new black superheroes...

not just changing the colour of another persons idea and calling it new  :-\

Yeah, maybe they are not going about it the best way, but those are the consequences of oppression. 

Industries oppress and exploit the working class mercilessly and what do we get?  The darn unions. 

Companies refuse to hire competent workers only because these workers happen to be the "wrong" color and what do we get?  Affirmative action.

See the pattern?