Author Topic: UFC 100 Official Thread  (Read 46098 times)

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
Re: Anyone know what's up with GSPs elbow?
« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
It was brusitis, he has been dealing with it for a month or so I think. didn't make to much of a differance last night, same thing Wandy had when he won the GP.

GSP must've had it drained a few times, cause it didn't look nearly that bad last night.

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
Re: UFC 100 Official Thread
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
lesnar has no class

they should bring fedor in to fuck him up

Serious question, is Lesnar really that much of a disrespectful prick or is the whole WWE bad guy schtick part of an act to be the most hated guy in UFC so everyone tunes in hoping he'll lose?

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
Re: SPOILER hendo vs bisping
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »
I agree, Equipoise is overreacting a bit, that was something that occurs commonly in all fights, you fight until the ref comes to pull you away.  Hendo did exactly what he should have.

I bet that mouthy Brit, isn't doing much talking today
Air Falcon

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
Serious question, is Lesnar really that much of a disrespectful prick or is the whole WWE bad guy schtick part of an act to be the most hated guy in UFC so everyone tunes in hoping he'll lose?

nah.dude is really a dick.
DAWG

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
Re: Dan Henderson
« Reply #429 on: July 12, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »
Living legend
Air Falcon

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
Re: Will a Win Over Thiago Alves Send Georges St Pierre to Middleweight?
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2009, 10:57:23 AM »
They mentioned last night the winner of Swick/Kampman gets GSP next...
Air Falcon

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2009, 10:57:57 AM »
He should have been fined/penalized/suspended for that unnecessary second punch when Bisping was already out Cold...what a pussy.

hope your not a fighter.If you was you wouldn't fair very well with that type of thinking.
DAWG

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
Re: Bisping
« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »
Air Falcon

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
That punch was one of the best things I've ever seen happen to a loud mouth.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Tito Ortiz Banned From the UFC Expo
« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »
did anybody watch the 100 best ufc fights on spike?

notice how all of the tito fights on the list were losses?  though they didn't show his awesome fight where he lost to frank, dana has bad blood with him too

how on earth could they leave off the first tito/ken fight? i think that was the first mma fight to gett mainstream coverage back in 2002, their rivalry was arguably the most heated in mma history and the fight was brutal

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Brock Lesnar "Respect Is For Losers":
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:10 AM »
brock definitely learned how to sell himself and his fights from the wwe

everybody wants to watch a "bad guy"

E
E

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Brock Lesnar "Respect Is For Losers":
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »
Because its obvious that the people in charge have no respect for the sport

:(

can't wait till he gets beat. dana and him are a disgrace to mma.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »
Maybe he didn't realize he knocked him out and was just trying to go for the finish ???

Some of you guys are being too harsh.

Well, Hendo sure as hell seemed to be aware in the post-fight interview with Joe that the second punch was pure bonus. ;D

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
GSP is great. His corner men are awesome too. Not like that girl Bisping had in his corner, yelling and getting all upset.
As empty as paradise

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »
I don't personally know brock, and I doubt anyone here does either.  With that being said, I think he's a normal guy, he just feeds off of crowds.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »
GSP is great. His corner men are awesome too. Not like that #### Bisping had in his corner, yelling and getting all upset.

"I pulled my groin."

"I don't care, George. Hit him with your groin."

haha

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Dana White Quote : about Fedor...
« Reply #441 on: July 12, 2009, 12:55:34 PM »
Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brock Lesnar Will Happen Eventually

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Brock Lesnar became the undisputed heavyweight champion of the UFC with his win over Frank Mir at UFC 100. But he still needs to beat one more opponent before he could call himself the undisputed heavyweight champion of MMA.

That opponent, of course, is Fedor Emelianenko, who is widely regarded as the best heavyweight in the world, but who has never fought in the UFC because he won't agree to the UFC's contractual demands. A Fedor vs. Lesnar fight would be the biggest heavyweight fight in MMA history, and UFC President Dana White said after UFC 100 that he's confident he can make it happen.

Quote:
"This whole Fedor thing has been going on and on and on," White said. "I keep saying this and that about him and he keeps waiting. Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else." 

And although Fedor still has one more fight on his current contract with Affliction (an August 1 bout against former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett), White is already looking ahead toward getting Fedor into the Octagon and giving him a shot at the UFC heavyweight champion in his first bout.

Quote:
"This guy just became the heavyweight champion," White said, gesturing to Lesnar. "We'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight." 

It would be a huge fight. And it would be a fight in which Fedor, despite a size disadvantage of around 50 pounds, would be favored to win. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: July 12, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

he was obviously told to apologise in his post fight interview

guy is an arrogant asshole

but he is also a fucking freight train in the ring
T

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Link to the fight?
« Reply #443 on: July 12, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »
linkage?!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: July 12, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »
Mir talked alot of shit, just like Pisbing.....now tey both can STFU! :D

all fighters do that too promote fights

the thing i like about most fighters, is the class they show at the end of the fight win or lose when the animosity is forgoten and mutual respect is shown
T

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Dana White Quote : about Fedor...
« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
I agree.  I don't think Brock is big enough to get a size and power advantage over Fedor's experience and skill.  Fedor is no small fry himself.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »
could'nt understand half of what was coming out of his pie hole in the first place..

;D

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
I am glad he beat Bisping, but lets not get carried away. Anderson handled the guy quite easily, not to mention he lost to Rampage. He was given two shots at titles in his first two fights in the UFC and lost them both. Bisping needed an ass whipping, so I am glad he got one. Not sure how beating a glorified can makes Hendo a great fighter all of a sudden. Imo, the verdict is still out on him as far as his future in the UFC is concerned, he needs to beat a big name.
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »
I am glad he beat Bisping, but lets not get carried away. Anderson handled the guy quite easily, not to mention he lost to Rampage. He was given two shots at titles in his first two fights in the UFC and lost them both. Bisping needed an ass whipping, so I am glad he got one. Not sure how beating a glorified can makes Hendo a great fighter all of a sudden. Imo, the verdict is still out on him as far as his future in the UFC is concerned, he needs to beat a big name.

He's 38 years old.1-2 fights more at best.He's a damn good fighter (not great though)that has maximized his potential & been a class act.I don't see any Verdict being out on him.you win some lose some then call it a career.
DAWG

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2009, 04:24:37 PM »
He's 38 years old.1-2 fights more at best.He's a damn good fighter (not great though)that has maximized his potential & been a class act.I don't see any Verdict being out on him.you win some lose some then call it a career.

He can still make a run in the UFC if given the chance. Not saying he could beat Machida or Silva, but if Page were to beat Machida for instance, Dan has a legitimate reason for a rematch considering they went the full 5.
E