Author Topic: CNN Distances Itself from Lou Dobbs  (Read 4164 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: CNN Distances Itself from Lou Dobbs
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 08:29:24 PM »
Similar to my feelings toward the WMD issue.  Granted there were never as many as were estimated anyway but what was there and what happened could be declassified and at least partially exonerate W.  And yet nothing.  Very strange to me and many other service members.

But - and correct me if i'm wrong - you don't think Iraq was about building bases (as SA was booting us) and controlling oil (which yes, we just won the first oil contract as part of a conglomerate).

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 09:02:28 PM »
I personally like Lou a lot. He is always professional, always fair and rarely if ever have I heard him say something that I felt was off the mark. He's the only blatantly non leftist cable news personality I have ever seen make Al Sharpton look like a complete jack ass without raising his voice or showing any emotion.- Al had to sit there and eat it. Lou is the anthiesis of O'Reilly in a lot of ways. O'Rielly yells and interupts people and wags his finger. Lou just talks. I saw him do the same thing to that brain dead douche Errol Lewis who writes for the daily news. Never shouts, never gets animated, just lays out the facts knowing you have absolutely no response except off the cuff emotionalisms that weakly disguise your losing position.

With this birth certificate shit- Lou just needs to let it go. Whether or not its true, Barry is scandal proof and he's the president now- might as well focus on the 150 other relevant problems with him and leave the birth certificate theories to the CT nuts.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
I personally like Lou a lot. He is always professional, always fair and rarely if ever have I heard him say something that I felt was off the mark. He's the only blatantly non leftist cable news personality I have ever seen make Al Sharpton look like a complete jack ass without raising his voice or showing any emotion.- Al had to sit there and eat it. Lou is the anthiesis of O'Reilly in a lot of ways. O'Rielly yells and interupts people and wags his finger. Lou just talks. I saw him do the same thing to that brain dead douche Errol Lewis who writes for the daily news. Never shouts, never gets animated, just lays out the facts knowing you have absolutely no response except off the cuff emotionalisms that weakly disguise your losing position.

With this birth certificate shit- Lou just needs to let it go. Whether or not its true, Barry is scandal proof and he's the president now- might as well focus on the 150 other relevant problems with him and leave the birth certificate theories to the CT nuts.
I like Lou too.  I'll continue to listen to him, but on this one, he gets a great big eye roll.  I like most of what he says but this, not so much.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 09:20:53 PM »
But - and correct me if i'm wrong - you don't think Iraq was about building bases (as SA was booting us) and controlling oil (which yes, we just won the first oil contract as part of a conglomerate).

Maybe it was.  I'm not disputing that and I can't read Bush's mind.  But there is evidence not known to the public that would be greatly helpful to Bush's post-presidential image.   

IMO we had quite a list of positive things we could benefit from after ousting Saddam.  WMD was an overblown argument in my mind.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
I don't listen to Lou Dobbs, and I don't know what he said, but man do they hate that guy in China.

Quite a few people have asked me about him there, and they were none too happy.
G

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35:25 PM »
I don't listen to Lou Dobbs, and I don't know what he said, but man do they hate that guy in China.

Quite a few people have asked me about him there, and they were none too happy.
I like him even more now :D  They don't like him because he was the main guy reporting on all the toys coming in from china made with lead paint and other crap.  Also because he talks about the trade deficit and things like that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 05:13:34 AM »

I always suspected you were a racist

I am honest about my bigotry.  I hate everyone. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 05:29:34 AM »
I am honest about my bigotry.  I hate everyone. 

bill collectors often do :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 05:52:09 AM »
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »
Agree with Hugo and George above.  Lou is pretty level headed and mild mannered though he leans conservative on many (but not all) issues.  He typically respects his guests and focuses more on facts than opinion.  He's definitely not like O'Reily and Olberman.