Author Topic: The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!  (Read 17267 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Fedor Emelianenko Turns Down Three-Fight UFC Contract
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »

I'm good either way...no sleep is lost.
X2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: What the UFC offered Fedor...
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
Once again Minspin spreading fud

M-1: Fedor Not Offered $30 Million

M-1 Global is denying a report that Fedor Emelianenko turned down a six-fight $30-million deal this week to join the UFC’s heavyweight ranks.

CBS Radio host Carmichael Dave reported Wednesday that Emelianenko had turned down an agreement that would have paid him $5 million per fight. However, Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, called the report “completely ludicrous” and said negotiations never even reached the point where the number of fights contracted for Emelianenko was decided.

“I can say that the guaranteed -- and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here -- the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before,” Raimond said. “The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered.”

Raimond was not present at the meeting that took place between UFC and M-1 management in Los Angeles earlier this week, but he said he was debriefed shortly afterward. M-1 and UFC officials, including president Dana White, reconvened the next day via teleconference call, where M-1 presented a counteroffer that included co-promotion. No written contact was ever presented.

M-1 President Vadim Finkelstein and Emelianenko were en route to Russia Thursday and could not be reached for comment. UFC officials told Sherdog.com that White is also traveling and their earliest comment would come Friday during a media conference call.

Raimond confirmed that M-1 Global had been presented with the possibility to receive a cut of pay-per-view profits in addition to Emelianenko’s guaranteed pay, but he said no other profit-sharing incentives were presented.

“And there were a number of provisions attached to that offer that made it very much less interesting,” Raimond said.

Many of those provisions involved the branding of M-1 within the UFC organization, according to Raimond.

“We made it clear that Fedor, now and forever is part, even part owner, of M-1 and those two cannot be separated,” Raimond said. “If the rest of M-1 is excluded from any kind of deal, it makes the deal difficult.”

Raimond said a title shot against heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar –- in Emelianenko’s first fight or otherwise -- was not specified during the talks. (UFC President Dana White has publicly stated the Russian would challenge for the title in his first bout with the promotion, though.) Raimond also confirmed that the UFC conceded to allow Emelianenko to continue to compete in sambo, of which he is a national champion and spokesman, and noted during the meeting that the fighter was free to wear M-1 clothing.

“That’s like telling someone they’re allowed to eat,” said Raimond, suggesting it wasn’t a significant concession.

Raimond noted that the M-1 team was disheartened to learn that “unsubstantiated rumors” had been disseminated, and that Internet readers were willing to believe them at face value.

“Sometimes the fans don’t realize that there is a business to run and all these statements, ‘These M-1 idiots, why don’t they just give Fedor to the UFC because they’ve offered him the best money?’ This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the UFC has offered the best money for Fedor ever. This is just not the case.”

Raimond emphasized that negotiations with the UFC had been fruitful, even though the fundamental disagreement over co-promotion between the two organizations remains.

“We had a very professional, productive and respectful meeting with the UFC,” Raimond said. “I think both parties walked away (knowing) even though a deal wasn’t made, that a very decent meeting was had.”
Soounds like M-1 and Fedor want everything thier way or no way.....fuck'em, nobody is going to miss them.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2009, 12:38:40 AM »
Soounds like M-1 and Fedor want everything thier way or no way.....fuck'em, nobody is going to miss them.

its starting to sure look that way to me to, i hate to say this but im hoping fedor aint alittle nervous about big brock and wants to see if someone like cain or carwin could beat the vanilla gorilla or atleast expose some major holes in his game if brock has any major holes in his game. fedor knows that brock is prolly gonna be his toughest test to date, fedors really not used to a cage and we all know brocks putting fedor on his back with his wrestling skills and powerful takedowns and theres a good chance fedor ends up against the cage with that giant ape on top of hiom trying to pound his head into ground beef, thats a no brainer. coleman took fedor down fairly easy not to long ago and colemans old now, brocks much better at takedowns then coleman is at this point in thier careers. 12 years ago was a different story and coleman was prolly the best takedown guy in mma for sure, him and kerr where fairly close. i really dont know what to think about that fight with brock vs fedor, ill tell you one thing, if fedor does win fedors face will look like his face was stuffed in a blender. i dont think theres a chance in hell that fedors gonna come out of that fight unscaved, this could be the fight of the year if not the fight of the decade when it goes down. its gonna happen cause the fans will make it happen by pure pressure, mma fans are the best and also, if were gonna pay those big bucks for tix and ppv its only fair we get to see the best fighters in the world doing battle, im sure everyone wants to see that
R

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
The UFC should just play big bank take little bank and buy M1 out,  I bet Fedor himself would take less than what M1 wants him to take but he's been with these guys since the beginning.  He wants to be loyal it seems to me and it's costing him in the long run.  Dana, buy out M1 like you did the WFA,  this is the best solution to me. 

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Fedor/M-1 Press Conference
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2009, 04:11:30 AM »

LMV

• Getbig III
  • Time Out
Re: Fedor/M-1 Press Conference
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »

Wise words from the man himself

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Fuck M-1 !!!!
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »

“Sometimes the fans don’t realize that there is a business to run and all these statements, ‘These M-1 idiots, why don’t they just give Fedor to the UFC because they’ve offered him the best money?’ This is a completely unsubstantiated rumor that the UFC has offered the best money for Fedor ever. This is just not the case.”

Nah ....I've never seen any posts like that on the internet anywhere.....I don't believe him.  ;D ;)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »
mindspin are you on ufc payroll?  you suck so their dick all day

I don't care if it's the UFC or any other organization.  I want one dominant organization that has all the best fighters, uniform rules and weigh classes.  The alternative is what's happened to boxing.  A bunch of title holders and countless weight classes.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »
Interesting.  He says he has a 3 fight deal with M-1, not that he has ownership.  That contradicts what M-1 has said...
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »
I could have swore I read somewhere that the barnett fight was gonna be the last one he had on his contract....

the amount of misinformation on all of this is pretty silly

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
It's OVER - the bullshit with Fedor/M-1
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
Looks like it's done, I think Dana's officially been pushed to the limit and back again.

“He got offered a f---ing assload of money,” White said. “A ton of money, everything he wanted. He can go fight in sambo every f---ing Thursday night if he wants to. He can do everything he wanted to. We showed them nothing but respect.”

For once I agree with Dana, co-promotion would be ludicrous, vadim is officially a fucknut and piece of shit.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: It's OVER - the bullshit with Fedor/M-1
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
yep I agree...If it's true he was offered that amount of $ with the opportunity to do sambo & still refused fuck um.
DAWG

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »
That's awesome...lol.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Why did Fedor decline the UFC's offer?
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
I think he knows he could get beat=PUSSY
Either way...his legacy is gone.
What a disgrace to his fans.
How could anyone root for him again?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
Re: Why did Fedor decline the UFC's offer?
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2009, 05:39:25 PM »
yea I gotta say if the reports are accurate with the amount of $ they offered plus able to do his gay sambo.He's a pussy thats afreaid to take a loss.
DAWG

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »
Give me a break.  You guys are pawns of the UFC marketing department.  Brock has only had 4 or 5 fights and he is the UFC champ?  Thats a disgrace to MMA.  Who has he beaten?  A washed up 45yr old couture, frank mir who never was, and heath herring who was a nobody.  Brock has a terrible standup as seen in the 2nd mir fight.  All he does is get people on the ground and lay on them.  Fedor is 100x the fighter Brock will ever be

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
Fedor is 100x the fighter Brock will ever be

He just pussy footed away from an opportunity to prove that.
Y

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
Give me a break.  You guys are pawns of the UFC marketing department.  Brock has only had 4 or 5 fights and he is the UFC champ?  Thats a disgrace to MMA.  Who has he beaten?  A washed up 45yr old couture, frank mir who never was, and heath herring who was a nobody.  Brock has a terrible standup as seen in the 2nd mir fight.  All he does is get people on the ground and lay on them.  Fedor is 100x the fighter Brock will ever be

Well....the UFC just did everything they could to test Brock. It's not the UFC's fault that
Fedor is truly a PUSSY and will not step up to the UFC.

Who do you think Brock should fight next? It's very obvious that the UFC is not
afraid of testing Brock. Can't say the same about M1 can you.

Fedor is done in the MMA world. FACT!
He even dissed his fans.
SHAME.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
after all this, I'll never pay to see fedor fight...

I refuse to put any money in the pockets of M-1 or any promotion that has anything to do with M-1...

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2009, 08:23:32 PM »
after all this, I'll never pay to see fedor fight...

I refuse to put any money in the pockets of M-1 or any promotion that has anything to do with M-1...

same here....I was on the other side of this argument when the UFC wanted to own Fedors sole.but since they relented and gave him a great deal with the ability to have a life outside of the UFC as well,and he turned it down...fuck um.he's a pussy with idiot's for managers...
DAWG

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »
fedors looking real bad these days to the mma community, its his own fault though cause his bluff has been called. the ( dana aint gonna let me do sambo speech) aint cuttin it no more now that the truths out
R

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
you guys honestly think fedor is scared of brock?  looks like the ufc marketing team is pretty good

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »
you guys honestly think fedor is scared of brock?  looks like the ufc marketing team is pretty good

thats exactly what the ufc marketing teams strategy is imo, make fedor look like a chicken and pretty much make him come over to fight brock and save face, the ufc are doing a great job of making fedor look like hes ducking brock even if he isnt, who knows fedors motives?
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »
same here....I was on the other side of this argument when the UFC wanted to own Fedors sole.but since they relented and gave him a great deal with the ability to have a life outside of the UFC as well,and he turned it down...fuck um.he's a pussy with idiot's for managers...

Me three, I think he's either fucking crazy or being played like a fiddle by that piece of human shit finkelstein, fuck them, let them go fight to a sold out audience of 30 in buttfuck, russia somewhere. In my eyes Fedor's an idiot and a waste of time.. and I used to be one of his biggest nuthuggers.

I still can't even get over the nerve of finkelstein regarding co-promotion...put down the crack pipe, m-1 is nothing, and as much as I hate to say it.. the UFC did start cage fighting, they came up with the octagon idea.. most people that talk about MMA don't even call it MMA, they call it UFC or ultimate fighting.