Author Topic: Justice Stevens planning on retiring?  (Read 640 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Justice Stevens planning on retiring?
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
He's 90 years old.  he just hired ONE assistant for next year, a practice only done by justices who will be retiring that year.  All other justices use 4 assistants each year.  He is in good health, but this is a big sign we'll have a new replacement.  Justices cannot serve functionally with only 1 assistant.

He's very liberal.  Which means Obama will be replacing him with a Liberal.  If he wants to guarantee he will be replaced buy a pure liberal, he has to retire now.  Otherwise, Obama will have to replace a lib really close to election time - something Obama won't do.

This confirms my theory that Obama will swerve hard moderate come election time.  And goldfish-memory voters will forget all the lib stuff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Justice Stevens planning on retiring?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »
actually Obama will be replacing him with Karl Marx.  that's right, you heard it right...  several decades ago they planned for this day in a super secret kgb cloning experiment where they took dna obtained from Marx's bones and cloned him. for the day. when Obama would be... president........ yea... oh yea.... 

just ask 3333, he can confirm this ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
actually Obama will be replacing him with Karl Marx.  that's right, you heard it right...  several decades ago they planned for this day in a super secret kgb cloning experiment where they took dna obtained from Marx's bones and cloned him. for the day. when Obama would be... president........ yea... oh yea.... 

Actually, there is some Chinese guy I read is in the top of the line, I think he is a Yale Professor named Koh or something like that.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »

He doesnt need to do that,he can just look into his past or into his administration and find the same mentality.Zeke,Kaz Sunstein,Holdren,Ayers,Wright etc. etc. etc. etc.

Mons Venus

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:17:05 AM »
He's 90 years old.  he just hired ONE assistant for next year, a practice only done by justices who will be retiring that year.  All other justices use 4 assistants each year.  He is in good health, but this is a big sign we'll have a new replacement.  Justices cannot serve functionally with only 1 assistant.

He's very liberal.  Which means Obama will be replacing him with a Liberal.  If he wants to guarantee he will be replaced buy a pure liberal, he has to retire now.  Otherwise, Obama will have to replace a lib really close to election time - something Obama won't do.

This confirms my theory that Obama will swerve hard moderate come election time.  And goldfish-memory voters will forget all the lib stuff.

Rev. Wright is my choice!!  :-*

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »
He doesnt need to do that,he can just look into his past or into his administration and find the same mentality.Zeke,Kaz Sunstein,Holdren,Ayers,Wright etc. etc. etc. etc.
thats what i said Marv ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
A liberal supreme court justice will retire and be replaced by a liberal supreme court justice.  Breaking news there. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »
A liberal supreme court justice will retire and be replaced by a liberal supreme court justice.  Breaking news there. 

That's not what liberals want. They're looking for what happened in 2005, when Sandra Day O'Connor unexpectedly stepped down (to care for her sick husband, I think) and President Bush replaced her with Samuel Alito.

Bush replaced a liberal with a conservative, giving the Supreme Court, what many liberals believe to be, a "far right" high court.

That's one of the reasons, BTW, why some gay activists don't want their buddies to bring a lawsuit about DOMA to the high court, fearing that a loss now would set them back for decades.

Back to Stevens, he's often seen as a swing judge. I remember in the two cases involving displays of the Ten Commandments on state capitals (one in Texas, the ohter in Kentucky, if memory serves me correctly). The court ruled against the Kentucky case, ordering that the monument had to be moved but ruled IN FAVOR of letting the one in Texas stay put. Stevens was the deciding judge.