Author Topic: Lee Priest - where is he / terminated contract  (Read 8169 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Lee Priest - where is he / terminated contract
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »
From Lee Priest:

Damn ...i know why i left australia back in 92...man is it hard to find sponsors in this country in any sport...and especialy bodybuilding...........i hope i don't have to head usa bound again to find sponsorship.......but companies here just aren't interested...maybe i should start my own product line..and when it gets going and doing well...i hope :)......i would gladly give back and sponsor athletes who are best australia has had and sponsor contests.......just seems while your here they could care less but go make it big in the usa and come back and visit they are all over you........as long as you dont want something :) .....so my comeback is on hold........ Till i find sponsor.....

YES POWERTECH( SAM'S FITNESS) IN SYDNEY GAVE ME POWERTEC EQUIPMENT......AND YES BODYRIPPED TERMINATED SPONSORSHIP.....I LIKE READING THE HARDCORE MAG HERE IN AUSTRALIA AND SEE THESE AUSSIE COMPNAIES SAYING THEY ARE SPONSORING AUSTRALIA'S BEST BODYBUILDERS...NO YOUR NOT CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ME :)........I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.....YOU WANT SOMEONE TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT...TRAVEL AROUND TO STORES AND CONTEST TO PROMOTE IT.....TALK ABOUT IT ON DVDS...WRITE ABOUT IT IN MD OR ANY INTERVIEW I DO..BUT MD I WRITE FOR EVERY MONTH.....HAVE HUGE FAN FOLLOWING....ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH TELL IT LIKE IT IS.....YOU KNOW IF I PUT MY NAME TO IT IT'S GOOD..LIKE I HAVE SAID I DON'T CARE IF YOU PAY ME...I WILL NOT SAY YOUR PRODUCT IS GOOD IF IT ISN'T...PEOPLE WORK TO HARD FOR THEIR MONEY AND I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE THEM WASTE IT IF THE PRODUCT ISNT GOOD...NOT GOING TO PUT MY NAME ON SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE IN.........SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SOME OF THESE COMPNAIES WANT..I JUST KNOW IT ISN'T ME..GO FIGURE

:D
http://www.sizematters.com.au/bodybuilding-talk/27635-australian-sponsors.html

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Re: Lee Priests Body Ripped Supplement Sponsor has terminated his contract
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »
LEE PRIEST
U

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
Is lee doing the aussie or ironman in 2010?

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
Is lee doing the aussie or ironman in 2010?
WE SHOULD ASK HIM
U

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 06:10:48 PM »
when the tattoo left lee's face it got a sponsor but lee didn't.  ???

TRIX

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »
when the tattoo left lee's face it got a sponsor but lee didn't.  ???
is it a mere coincidence that lee with tattoo on face had a sponsor and lee without has zero? Gay 4 pay on the horizon

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
From Lee Priest:

Damn ...i know why i left australia back in 92...man is it hard to find sponsors in this country in any sport...and especialy bodybuilding...........i hope i don't have to head usa bound again to find sponsorship.......but companies here just aren't interested...maybe i should start my own product line..and when it gets going and doing well...i hope :)......i would gladly give back and sponsor athletes who are best australia has had and sponsor contests.......just seems while your here they could care less but go make it big in the usa and come back and visit they are all over you........as long as you dont want something :) .....so my comeback is on hold........ Till i find sponsor.....

YES POWERTECH( SAM'S FITNESS) IN SYDNEY GAVE ME POWERTEC EQUIPMENT......AND YES BODYRIPPED TERMINATED SPONSORSHIP.....I LIKE READING THE HARDCORE MAG HERE IN AUSTRALIA AND SEE THESE AUSSIE COMPNAIES SAYING THEY ARE SPONSORING AUSTRALIA'S BEST BODYBUILDERS...NO YOUR NOT CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ME :)........I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.....YOU WANT SOMEONE TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT...TRAVEL AROUND TO STORES AND CONTEST TO PROMOTE IT.....TALK ABOUT IT ON DVDS...WRITE ABOUT IT IN MD OR ANY INTERVIEW I DO..BUT MD I WRITE FOR EVERY MONTH.....HAVE HUGE FAN FOLLOWING....ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH TELL IT LIKE IT IS.....YOU KNOW IF I PUT MY NAME TO IT IT'S GOOD..LIKE I HAVE SAID I DON'T CARE IF YOU PAY ME...I WILL NOT SAY YOUR PRODUCT IS GOOD IF IT ISN'T...PEOPLE WORK TO HARD FOR THEIR MONEY AND I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE THEM WASTE IT IF THE PRODUCT ISNT GOOD...NOT GOING TO PUT MY NAME ON SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE IN.........SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SOME OF THESE COMPNAIES WANT..I JUST KNOW IT ISN'T ME..GO FIGURE

I didn't read any of this but judging from the caps, there is a response from Lee in there.  ;D

I did read the title of this thread though.  My only comment is that Lee tends to talk shit about the products of the companies he is working for and it doesn't surprise me that he would get fired as a result.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
From Lee Priest:

Sounds pretty egotistical. All these years spent bodybuilding and he doesn't know what sponsors want?

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »
"hi welcome to  _________  may i take your order?"

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »
is it a mere coincidence that lee with tattoo on face had a sponsor and lee without has zero? Gay 4 pay on the horizon

i dont see it.  lee's temperament seems more like titus.
Oh...Monica!

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »
Considering the Los Angeles supplement market is probably bigger than the entire Australian market, maybe they just couldn't continue to burn money up sponsoring a pro bodybuilder, especially in a country where bodybuilding isn't very popular.
They would probably get more bang for their buck sponsoring football teams, with guys with average physique's but who are better known to the mainstream population.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
Lee Priest is cursed...Plain and simple... :-\

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
are you suggesting it's hard for a man with a face tattoo to gain traditional employement (read: a real job)?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
Not withstanding the tattoos on his face, his obese off-season conditioning, the fact that he hasn't fulfilled his promise of competing since his return to the IFBB, his penchant for burning bridges, exorbitant costs to bring him to any contest outside of Australia, and the remoteness of living in a small market, for the life of me, I can't figure out why any supplement company wouldn't jump at the chance to sign Lee as a spokesman. ::)
BigNationRadio.com

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »
Not withstanding the tattoos on his face, his obese off-season conditioning, the fact that he hasn't fulfilled his promise of competing since his return to the IFBB, his penchant for burning bridges, exorbitant costs to bring him to any contest outside of Australia, and the remoteness of living in a small market, for the life of me, I can't figure out why any supplement company wouldn't jump at the chance to sign Lee as a spokesman. ::)

When bodybuilders aren't competing it's probably due to their not having enough money for "prep"..meaning gear..no sponsor, no money for gear

io856

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:21:10 PM »
blechman seems to give him love

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »
Lee was a top pro for a decade

maybe he should have invested his money better

io856

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
Lee was a top pro for a decade

maybe he should have invested his money better
::)
Yes dad

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »

When bodybuilders aren't competing it's probably due to their not having enough money for "prep"..meaning gear..no sponsor, no money for gear

Honestly what can it possibly cost Lee for a bottle or two of winny and a little primo?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »
  Lee Priest losing his latest contract? Who could've seen that coming?! Oh, that's right--I predicted it a few years back, but I thought it wouldn't go past six months.

Seriously--is there anyone more pathetic in pro bodybuilding?

hairyB07

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 02:07:54 AM »
FK me!
Has anyone clicked on the link in the first post of this thread!!?
Read the thread, he come's across as a true rude, unprofessional prick when he get's told why it may be that he hasn't got anyone that want's to sponsor him lol
couldnt handle the truth!

TRIX

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 03:21:29 AM »
Bodybuilding is not big in australia. Any top american national level bodybuilder could probably turn pro here if they lived here.. Australia only has 22 million, america 300 million. Like 15 times australias population. Go figure

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 03:26:24 AM »
Bodybuilding is not big in australia. Any top american national level bodybuilder could probably turn pro here if they lived here.. Australia only has 22 million, america 300 million. Like 15 times australias population. Go figure

Yep, and the Aussie supp companies don't give 2 shits about signing bodybuilders. Companies like BSC and Musashi are sponsors of League, AFL, union etc. They get decent exposure through those avenues, signing a bb'er would only be of minimal benefit to them.
No doubt about it...

TRIX

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 03:38:26 AM »
I found BALANCE NUTRITION. Supplements quite cheap and mixes great and tasty.. WPC 1.5kg for 60 bucks (50 serves) and 3kg for 100 bucks. Good price..

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 03:39:04 AM »
Australia hasn't entered a recession yet.