Author Topic: long acting insulin for bodybuilding  (Read 32268 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: long acting insulin for bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
I've seen this on the European boards as well. All those cats are all about the long acting insulin. Some use both and cram in their carbs in the morning.

I don't know why, but I'm scared to use long acting insulin. I just like the fact that with Humalog any hypoglycemic bouts can be eliminated quickly. As soon as I feel the onset of being hypo, just bang back a little carbs until it levels off.

If you happen to use Lantus or any other longer acting insulin, please post your results, man.
ive been using lantus for 4 days now. the main effect i can tell is i am very hungry all day. ive been eating 2 cups dry rice at every meal. easily 1000g carbs a day. no fat gain i can tell of. my muscles are super full, they seem to be growing from day to day, however its way too early to tell if its actual muscle growth, but for sure it does swell them up nicely. i cant train for as many sets and my strength does down quiclkly, but the pumps are outrageous. after a few sets my muscle is pumped to the max and screaming for more. after a few more sets its still screaming, but now its screaming for me to stop because it hurts. but its a good hurt.   all day long the pump doesnt go away after i leave the gym. im flexing as i walk around all day.

Stavios

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
ive been using lantus for 4 days now. the main effect i can tell is i am very hungry all day. ive been eating 2 cups dry rice at every meal. easily 1000g carbs a day. no fat gain i can tell of. my muscles are super full, they seem to be growing from day to day, however its way too early to tell if its actual muscle growth, but for sure it does swell them up nicely. i cant train for as many sets and my strength does down quiclkly, but the pumps are outrageous. after a few sets my muscle is pumped to the max and screaming for more. after a few more sets its still screaming, but now its screaming for me to stop because it hurts. but its a good hurt.   all day long the pump doesnt go away after i leave the gym. im flexing as i walk around all day.

pretty awesome

do you have to eat more frequently ?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »
pretty awesome

no, but i start to get really hungry if i dont eat alot and do it all the time.

lesaucer

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 01:34:01 PM »

sounds good  ;) but why does your strength goes down

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »
sounds good  ;) but why does your strength goes down
well let me clarify, my strength isnt going down, but once my muscles get to a point, they are so pumped and tight, that the pain of lifting keeps me from using heavy weights. but my first few sets i can go heavy.

chess315

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
just curious your dosage of lantus I have been studying this to and have read the rx stuff. also it is scientfic fact it binds to the igf 1 receptor not bro science as it increase rate of tumor development which sounds bad but is exactly what we want that mean it is creating new cells. From all I gather you are bascially getting free igf1 or gh effects with the lantus at over 50ius daily

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »
i worked up to about 120iu per day if i remember correctly.

chess315

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »
do you feel the igf1 binding theory has merit I mean if you was gonna use insulin that seem like the way to get the most bang for your buck health risks aside. And to be honest all these insulin protcols we get such as post work out pre and 2 or 3 times a day are so old and I doubt serious pros use it in that manner really much its my understanding is the proalby use that on top of the long acting if you wanna be honest

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
ya thats how they use it now days. in conjunction with short acting. i dont think either types of insulin do anything that carbs cant.. except keep you pumped and full all day long.  in terms of muscle growth i dont think theres much value.

chess315

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
I agree to a point but disagree if it didnt work why does everyone do it? if nothing else being pumped all day and on adrogens and gh would provide a cells with everything necessary to grow

io856

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
I agree to a point but disagree if it didnt work why does everyone do it? if nothing else being pumped all day and on adrogens and gh would provide a cells with everything necessary to grow
Well if everybody is doing it then it must be beneficial  ;D
Case closed

chess315

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 08:36:42 PM »
it doesnt really matter what growth anti growth shit it triggers if it works :)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
pretty awesome

Yeah real awesome!  The kid will be a fucking diabetic by the time he's fucking 30.  Cumdrizzle doens't need insulin he needs some fucking DNP!  Dude is a permabulking hulk of lard!  Seriously.............wh y don't you just train in a healthy manner and do a few mild cycles here and there instead of trying to mr. bodybuilder? 

lesaucer

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
Yeah real awesome!  The kid will be a fucking diabetic by the time he's fucking 30.  Cumdrizzle doens't need insulin he needs some fucking DNP!  Dude is a permabulking hulk of lard!  Seriously.............wh y don't you just train in a healthy manner and do a few mild cycles here and there instead of trying to mr. bodybuilder? 

because we are ready to die for fucking mass. you are not.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
i worked up to about 120iu per day if i remember correctly.

Talk about overkill.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
ya thats how they use it now days. in conjunction with short acting. i dont think either types of insulin do anything that carbs cant.. except keep you pumped and full all day long.  in terms of muscle growth i dont think theres much value.

Tbombz I really think your wrong and right here bro. I tried slin and it works for me but I know others who dont think it is worth it.. BUT I am ectormorphic, and dont produce a lot of insulin naturally. All genetics. My parents look ten years younger than they are and we all know the less insulin you produce the slower you age .....so it's a catch 22. Look at Steve Kuclo..guy looks 40 at what 25? ALL SLIN!
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »
Talk about overkill.
nah, long acting slin is spread out over 24 hours.. 120iu is not gonna result in very high levels.. it would be similar to takiing like 5 iu log every hour and half.. baby dose

Tbombz I really think your wrong and right here bro. I tried slin and it works for me but I know others who dont think it is worth it.. BUT I am ectormorphic, and dont produce a lot of insulin naturally. All genetics. My parents look ten years younger than they are and we all know the less insulin you produce the slower you age .....so it's a catch 22. Look at Steve Kuclo..guy looks 40 at what 25? ALL SLIN!
eh maybe, but i think your results are probably mostly just glycogen, water, and pump. i do think slin is beneficial for growth sometimes but for the majority it isnt. times when its beneficial= when ur a mass monster, when ur on GH, when ur a naturally super ecto.. 

Stavios

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »
I love my slin, but I agree with Tbombz

it's mostly glycogen and water  retention.

stop the slin and it goes away pretty fast.

it does help the muscle recover much faster tho IMO, that's the reason I take it in the first place

lesaucer

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
nah, long acting slin is spread out over 24 hours.. 120iu is not gonna result in very high levels.. it would be similar to takiing like 5 iu log every hour and half.. baby dose
 eh maybe, but i think your results are probably mostly just glycogen, water, and pump. i do think slin is beneficial for growth sometimes but for the majority it isnt. times when its beneficial= when ur a mass monster, when ur on GH, when ur a naturally super ecto.. 

long acting slin is probably garbage if you dont take gh with it. if you're slin level are high all the time you will not produce gh

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
i know nothing about slin... but, a friend of mine was running the long acting at night and using fast acting pre and post training, along with alot of gh,,,

he made huge gains, more or less changed in a few month, weather or not this is safe or not is another thing

Fulblown

• Getbig I
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »
What about doing smaller doses of fast acting slin spread throughout the day? To help absorb the food better.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
long acting slin is probably garbage if you dont take gh with it. if you're slin level are high all the time you will not produce gh
nah it works pretty good for what its supposed to do.. with gh makes more sense tho of course

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2011, 07:46:38 AM »
What about doing smaller doses of fast acting slin spread throughout the day? To help absorb the food better.

I would be interested to hear Tbombz and Van's opinion on this.

From what I know and have read,  you do NOT want to try to try mimic your own insulin production like a type 1 diabetic would (by taking small shots of a super fast-acting insulin such as Humalog) or else you'll find that you desensitize your insulin receptors (become insulin resistant) because you're constantly flooding the receptors with excess insulin (all throughout the day). When this happens the first response of the cells is to downregulate (reduce) the number of insulin receptors. Less receptors mean less growth. You want the opposite. Stick to postworkout only when the cells are sensitive to the hormone..

I know some guys take 1-2 iu of slin 5-6 times a day but that seems counterproductive in my opinion.
l

lesaucer

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
I would be interested to hear Tbombz and Van's opinion on this.

From what I know and have read,  you do NOT want to try to try mimic your own insulin production like a type 1 diabetic would (by taking small shots of a super fast-acting insulin such as Humalog) or else you'll find that you desensitize your insulin receptors (become insulin resistant) because you're constantly flooding the receptors with excess insulin (all throughout the day). When this happens the first response of the cells is to downregulate (reduce) the number of insulin receptors. Less receptors mean less growth. You want the opposite. Stick to postworkout only when the cells are sensitive to the hormone..

I know some guys take 1-2 iu of slin 5-6 times a day but that seems counterproductive in my opinion.

I dont see how ''flooding the receptors'' make your body downregulate insulin receptors... The body could do the exact opposite, if there is too much insulin present for the number of receptor its gonna produce more receptors to absorb all the slin

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »
I dont see how ''flooding the receptors'' make your body downregulate insulin receptors... The body could do the exact opposite, if there is too much insulin present for the number of receptor its gonna produce more receptors to absorb all the slin

Insulin receptors are not like androgen receptors that upregulate they downregulate bro. diabetic often need close to 100iu of slin a day over time in some cases? There body becomes desentisized to it.
 Are you thinking about taking slin every meal?
My advice to is...if I were to use slin at every meal I would never use humalog it's fucking garbage. I would use humalin-R at breakfast at 8:00 A.M., 4 hours later at lunch at noon, and 4 hours later for dinner. This would cover you for 6 meals and keep you safe for sleep. Just got my monthly bottle yesterday ;D
I am dieting so I only use slin 5-10 iu post workout 4 days a week so I burn fat all day long while growing. HIGH VOLUME AND CREATING MUSCLE SORENESS IS A MUST FOR SLIN TO BE EFFECTIVE! There is a reason guys train like pussies today it's because heavy weights and low reps dont work well with slin. You must destroy the muscle and take in tons of protein.

l