Author Topic: Ravens  (Read 50228 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Ravens
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
First of all, he played extraordinary mediocre during the regular season.

2400 yards. 7 td/9 int /3 rushing td

That right there tells you who deserves the praise.

should i list the defensive stats along with their running attack?

he was a 2nd year qb, did you forget that fact?  

keep looking at the numbers that "help" your argument

ignore the important numbers like most wins for a qb's first 5 seasons, youngest to win a super bowl, most wins for a rookie qb, 2 time 2 time super bowl winner

maybe i'm weird but i care more about those numbers than huge passing yard statistics, which are often inflated because your team throws more when they are getting their ass kicked

oh and why don't you compare the first 5 year regular season numbers that you care so much about to other elite qb's in nfl history, lets see how big ben compares

the local newspaper last week compared his numbers to favre's first 5 years and they were very similar, the one glaring difference was super bowl wins ;D ;D ;D

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 08:55:32 PM »
2nd layeth the DOWN the LAW :)

poor earl...

just because you desperately want someone else to be right doesn't mean they are

i'm destroying all of you :P

E
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »
just because you desperately want someone else to be right doesn't mean they are

i'm destroying all of you :P

E
everybody has to have their fantasy.  Don't let the fact that your team buys refs and has a mediocre quarterback hold you back... You go!!! :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
everybody has to have their fantasy.  Don't let the fact that your team buys refs and has a mediocre quarterback hold you back... You go!!! :D

if that helps you sleep better at night knowing that the steelers are  6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOORRRRRLLLLLLLLDDDDDD DD and big ben is  2 TIME 2 TIME CHAMP AT 26 YEARS OLD :D :D

i'm willing to bet you conveniently forget every call that goes against the mighty steelers, typical of jealous steeler haters

E
E

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:32 PM »
if that helps you sleep better at night knowing that the steelers are  6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME 6 TIME CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOORRRRRLLLLLLLLDDDDDD DD and big ben is  2 TIME 2 TIME CHAMP AT 26 YEARS OLD :D :D

i'm willing to bet you conveniently forget every call that goes against the mighty steelers, typical of jealous steeler haters

E
you should get help for that stutter, must be really bad when it affects your typing.  don't worry, you're special.  don't let anyone tell you you're not.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
he was a 2nd year qb, did you forget that fact?

wait so when his stats are brought up which were not very pretty its ok to play it off because it was his 2nd season, but when he performed well in the playoffs that was the real ben?

Veterans have had far worse seasons than that. I smell a homer.

keep looking at the numbers that "help" your argument

ignore the important numbers like most wins for a qb's first 5 seasons, youngest to win a super bowl, most wins for a rookie qb, 2 time 2 time super bowl winner

maybe i'm weird but i care more about those numbers than huge passing yard statistics, which are often inflated because your team throws more when they are getting their ass kicked

oh and why don't you compare the first 5 year regular season numbers that you care so much about to other elite qb's in nfl history, lets see how big ben compares

Einstein...I brought up his 05' numbers because that was a prime example of when your team DOES NOT go as far as the QB leads it.

You went on a tangent defended him with accomplishments like wins for a rookie,2 superbowls, ect. and here i am writing a long winded reply because of your ADD.  ::)

I will say that ben is one of the best ever to extend the play..but he also has an extremely bad habit of holding the ball too long. His sack numbers last year were DEFINITELY inflated from that. that was not 100% on his O-line.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »

this gem deserves its own reply.

are you saying the 07 pats offense numbers were inflated because they were constantly playing from behind?

how about the 07 colts?

this years saints team?

you get my point.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »

are you saying the 07 pats offense numbers were inflated because they were constantly playing from behind?

how about the 07 colts?

this years saints team?

you get my point.

dude..forget it. It's a losing battle. For me, until the Ravens(or your team, for that matter) experience anything close to the success Ben and the Steelers have had, it's not worth it for me to argue with Earl back and forth. Besides, I'm a shitty typer and grew tired of it.

Steelers have an 18-11 won/loss record against my team, nuff said. I got nothing but respect for Big Ben and the Steelers. I hope the Ravens get to that level one day. Maybe with Flacco they will, who knows?

Fuck stats. It's about wins and losses in the NFL, bottom line. However way you get there depends on some breaks that go your way during a season and being lucky with injuries.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 10:23:47 AM »
Ben is easily a top 5 qb in the NFL. He has everything you want in a quarterback. Tough, makes good decisons, makes the big play when he as to and wins.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
you should get help for that stutter, must be really bad when it affects your typing.  don't worry, you're special.  don't let anyone tell you you're not.

you know who else is special?

the steelers for being the only 6 time super bowl champs 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »

wait so when his stats are brought up which were not very pretty its ok to play it off because it was his 2nd season, but when he performed well in the playoffs that was the real ben?

Veterans have had far worse seasons than that. I smell a homer.

yes playoff games are far more important than regular season games, why can't you believe that a young qb can get better as the season goes on?

i smell a hater

Einstein...I brought up his 05' numbers because that was a prime example of when your team DOES NOT go as far as the QB leads it.

You went on a tangent defended him with accomplishments like wins for a rookie,2 superbowls, ect. and here i am writing a long winded reply because of your ADD.  ::)

I will say that ben is one of the best ever to extend the play..but he also has an extremely bad habit of holding the ball too long. His sack numbers last year were DEFINITELY inflated from that. that was not 100% on his O-line.

yes i am einstein compared to you if you don't believe that quarterback is the most important position, i will ask you one more time how many super bowls did neil o'donnell, kordell stewart and tommy maddox win?

him "holding the ball too long" is exactly the reason he had the epic drive in last years super bowl, yes the sacks put him at risk for injury but throwing the ball away isn't going to help his numbers either

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »

how about the 07 colts?

this years saints team?

you get my point.

notice how i said "often" inflated?  and don't forget that 07 pats ran up the score and would throw on 4th down with a 20 point lead

how about this point?

big ben had more passing yards than any other year when they went 8 - 8 in 2006, he missed a couple games that season too

E
E

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 11:13:10 AM »
haha, i forgot about Tommy Maddox.

body88

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
Ben is easily a top 5 qb in the NFL. He has everything you want in a quarterback. Tough, makes good decisons, makes the big play when he as to and wins.

Agreed.  Who would would you rather have?

Brady
Manning
Breese
Ryan

Thats about it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 11:24:18 AM »
Agreed.  Who would would you rather have?

Brady
Manning
Breese
Ryan

Thats about it.
I see a lot of similaraties in Ryan and Ben. Both make really good decisions and turn plays that appear to be going nowhere into positive yardage. I don't think Ben holds on to the ball too long, he just never gives up on a play and is willing to stay in the pocket and take the hit. Letting go of the ball too early before letting a play develop is worse.

body88

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
I see a lot of similaraties in Ryan and Ben. Both make really good decisions and turn plays that appear to be going nowhere into positive yardage. I don't think Ben holds on to the ball too long, he just never gives up on a play and is willing to stay in the pocket and take the hit. Letting go of the ball too early before letting a play develop is worse.

Big Ben is a top 5 qb with ease.  You'd be high to want anyone other than Brady, Manning, Breese or Ryan over Ben.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »
Big Ben is a top 5 qb with ease.  You'd be high to want anyone other than Brady, Manning, Breese or Ryan over Ben.

Matt Ryan over Ben?

No.........

I would take Flacco over Ryan but that's just me being bias.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
yes "hugo chavez" and "2nd cuming" are brutally owned and probably shouldn't show their usernames here again :D

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
Steelers still suck donkey dick  ;D

body88

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
Matt Ryan over Ben?

No.........

I would take Flacco over Ryan but that's just me being bias.

Flacco is very good, but Ryan is better, imo.  Don't forget, I was whining about how the Ravens would be foolish not to draft Flacco.   He's Drew Bledsoe with better mobility.  That said, Matt Ryan is the better player.  Not by much, maybe 10%.

body88

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Somebody answer me...  name five Qb's you'd take over Big Ben.  Brady, Manning, Breese, Ryan, Maybe Rivers?  To say he's not a top QB is insane. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »
Somebody answer me...  name five Qb's you'd take over Big Ben.  Brady, Manning, Breese, Ryan, Maybe Rivers?  To say he's not a top QB is insane. 
calm down fellas, it's just busting balls... a little shit talk.  it's not serious or i didn't think it was.  yes ben is a good qb.  but i still don't like the steelers ;) 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
Steelers still suck donkey dick  ;D
Tony is awesome... again ;D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 02:10:39 PM »
id say ben is a top 5 qb for sure.

manning
brady

mcnabb
brees
ben

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:19 PM »
Fuck stats. It's about wins and losses in the NFL, bottom line. However way you get there depends on some breaks that go your way during a season and being lucky with injuries.

i agree.

and bens 22.4 qb rating in superbowl xL tells you a running attack+top rated D alone can get you by.