Author Topic: Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven  (Read 9351 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Brit Hume: Tiger Woods must become Christian to be forgiven
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »
Brit should not have commented on conversion/difference in religions. I agree with you on that.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2010, 09:46:09 AM »
Well,he wasn't there as a newsman,he was there as a commentator on events.I see no problem with what he said.Its HIS opinion and he was asked HIS opinion.Why is that any different then that dummy Olbermann giving his opinion of peoples intelligence,most times hes commenting on people that are VASTLY smarter then him.Thats a commentators job to give his opinions.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:13 AM »
Well,he wasn't there as a newsman,he was there as a commentator on events.I see no problem with what he said.Its HIS opinion and he was asked HIS opinion.Why is that any different then that dummy Olbermann giving his opinion of peoples intelligence,most times hes commenting on people that are VASTLY smarter then him.Thats a commentators job to give his opinions.

EXACTLY!!!

Hume explained further on the O'Reilly Factor last night. He's a big fan of Woods, not only because of his golfing but because he thought Woods to be a guy of high character.

That image has now been shattered. Hume's comments were his view on how Woods can move forward with his life and seek redemption. Again, it was about Tiger Woods, THE MAN, not the golfer or the husband/father.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2010, 11:02:08 AM »
wonder which brand of Christianity Brit is referring to.
the far right, fundamentalist 'every word in the bible is true'
to presbyterians (pre ordained events)
to catholics (holy father in rome knows all)

there is a broad range to choose from.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »
wonder which brand of Christianity Brit is referring to.
the far right, fundamentalist 'every word in the bible is true'
to presbyterians (pre ordained events)
to catholics (holy father in rome knows all)

there is a broad range to choose from.

Isnt that true of every religion?Im sure not every Muslim is strapping bombs to himself and yelling ALLAH AKBAR before blowing up a pizza joint,just like I see Jews with beards wearing all black and other Jews who appear to live the life of a pig in a stye[most hollywood jews].I dont think that just relates to Christianity.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
YOU ARE excusing his behavior, in a sense, from the following statement, "So he likes to get laid. Other than the fact that he got caught, how is he any different from any other wealthy high profile man? Most wealthy, powerful men are only as faithful as their options.

Again, would that be your rationale, if your husband start creeping? "So he likes to get laid".

That would be your mentality, should your hubby exercise his "options"?

That's my mentality for any man whose adultery is none of my business

If my husband committed adultery, ...it would be a private matter between us... no one else,
...and anyone who wanted to weigh in on the matter would promptly be invited to zip it.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »

If my husband committed adultery, ...it would be a private matter between us... no one else,
...and anyone who wanted to weigh in on the matter would promptly be invited to zip it.
its not quite that easy dear a part of tigers appeal was his wholesome image. I agree that its not anybodies business but him and his wife but that doesnt mean that other ppl will not judge him b/c of his actions in his personal life and if those ppl feel he needs to be forgiven or they will view his sponsors unfavorably.

Its more of forgiving him for not being who everyone thought he was and who the companies sold him as rather than forgiving him for cheating on his wife.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »

And yet again, you forget the territory that comes with a high-profile guy. Again, nobody peered into Tiger Woods' private life. We all thought he got hurt in a car accident.

It turns out, again, that his wife got medieval on him. And, NOW, we know why. Add to that, all the "hoes" that are coming out the woodwork, claiming they got freaky with Woods; and you have all the makings of a PUBLIC scandal.

It ain't a private matter, anymore.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:40 PM »

It may not be your buiness, ut it definately is the businessof his sponsors and corporate clients for lack of abetter erm who pay him millions and millions of dollars based upon the image tey think he gives to ther products. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »
It may not be your buiness, ut it definately is the businessof his sponsors and corporate clients for lack of abetter erm who pay him millions and millions of dollars based upon the image tey think he gives to ther products. 

EXACTLY!!

Tiger's whoring can potentially cost them MILLIONS of $$$$. As his stock drops, so do their profits.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
but that doesnt mean that other ppl will not judge him b/c of his actions in his personal life and if those ppl feel he needs to be forgiven.

Its more of forgiving him for not being who everyone thought he was and who the companies sold him as rather than forgiving him for cheating on his wife.

only god (not just any god though)Jesus Christ lord and Saviour should judge him....
The only one he needs forgiveness from is our father who kicks it in heaven.The Big J Dawg himself....
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
only god (not just any god though)Jesus Christ lord and saviour should judge him....
The only one he needs forgiveness from is our father who kicks it in heaven.The Big J Dawg himself....

He should seek forgiveness from his sponsors as well. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
only god (not just any god though)Jesus Christ lord and Saviour should judge him....
I wasnt addressing humes comments on religion and woods simply jags point of view on the subject...

you seem to have an arrogance about you Dawg if youd like me to make you look foolish in regards to your beliefs on religion Id be more than happy... ;)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »
I wasnt addressing humes comments on religion and woods simply jags point of view on the subject...

you seem to have an arrogance about you Dawg if youd like me to make you look foolish in regards to your beliefs on religion Id be more than happy... ;)

you don't have to make me look foolish I do that well enough myself :D....but if you wanna pile some more on by all means go for it....In the mean time I'll be praying for you....
DAWG

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »
its not quite that easy dear a part of tigers appeal was his wholesome image. I agree that its not anybodies business but him and his wife but that doesnt mean that other ppl will not judge him b/c of his actions in his personal life and if those ppl feel he needs to be forgiven or they will view his sponsors unfavorably.

And this is one of the big issues I have with it. Tiger never put himself out there to be anything other than a great golfer. Everything else is nobodies business, and he never put his sex life out for scrutiny. too many people look at celebrities and project onto them who they want them to be, without having a clue as to who they are, ...then they blame them for not measuring up to their own false image of who they are. this pisses me off to no end. just because you see someone portraying a 'character' in a film or TV show, or just because you see someone extremely proficient at a particular sport, ...doesn't mean they are who you want them to be. the public projects their own image of who they want Tiger to be, ...then fault him for not being it? that's BS! See the man for who he is... a great golfer. Everything else... vis-a-vis his private life, you don't know... and don't have a right to know.

If you've never been put up on a pedestal, against your own will, ...you have no idea what I'm refering to.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »
And this is one of the big issues I have with it. Tiger never put himself out there to be anything other than a great golfer. Everything else is nobodies business, and he never put his sex life out for scrutiny. too many people look at celebrities and project onto them who they want them to be, without having a clue as to who they are, ...then they blame them for not measuring up to their own false image of who they are. this pisses me off to no end. just because you see someone portraying a 'character' in a film or TV show, or just because you see someone extremely proficient at a particular sport, ...doesn't mean they are who you want them to be. the public projects their own image of who they want Tiger to be, ...then fault him for not being it? that's BS! See the man for who he is... a great golfer. Everything else... vis-a-vis his private life, you don't know... and don't have a right to know.

If you've never been put up on a pedestal, against your own will, ...you have no idea what I'm refering to.

Oh please, what a joke you are. 

his whole image was of a clean cut straight laced guy, not a filthy whoremonger POFS. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »

LOL I agree with you jag but dont act like his sponsors didnt play up that image of him as a squeky clean guy. He signed up with those sponsors and by doing so did project that image to the public.

Ive been put on a pedestal against my will jag, have you?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
I completely agree Jag.  All these people 'butthurt' by Tigers infidelity are really retarded.  If you have such low self esteem that you have to look up to an athlete's personal life for inspiration in your every day life you really have more issues than Tiger's had woman (i know i know but still it's for effect).  I admire Tigers great dedication to the game of golf and always will.  His personal issues are his alone and i don't really think it's mine or your business.  If you purchased a GM or a razor because you thought 'hey Tiger is a great guy isn't he? I should buy this razor so i am too!' then like i said you have some serious issues. 
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
I completely agree Jag.  All these people 'butthurt' by Tigers infidelity are really retarded.  If you have such low self esteem that you have to look up to an athlete's personal life for inspiration in your every day life you really have more issues than Tiger's had woman (i know i know but still it's for effect).  I admire Tigers great dedication to the game of golf and always will.  His personal issues are his alone and i don't really think it's mine or your business.  If you purchased a GM or a razor because you thought 'hey Tiger is a great guy isn't he? I should buy this razor so i am too!' then like i said you have some serious issues. 
nice straw man  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »
nice straw man  ::)

Sounds like someones regretting their Mach 3 purchase  :-*
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »

I'm never buying a Buick ever! 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »
Gillette Fusion, all the way.....best taint shave of them all.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2010, 03:09:08 PM »
LOL I agree with you jag but dont act like his sponsors didnt play up that image of him as a squeky clean guy. He signed up with those sponsors and by doing so did project that image to the public.

Ive been put on a pedestal against my will jag, have you?

More times than I care to recall.... that's why I abhor groupies. That's what the groupie mentality does;
it idealizes a person projecting onto them qualities, and character traits they may not possess.
Then they blame YOU for not epitomizing the figment of their own warped, bizarre, imagination.

The last time that I'm aware of, was particularly painful in many ways... particularly because I didn't see it coming.
I'm usually able to see the warning signs, ...but this time I missed them... come to think of it... they weren't really there.

The fool thought I was sitting at home every night reading a bible... and was crushed to discover that ain't my cup of tea.

What an idiot!
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2010, 08:01:34 PM »
More times than I care to recall.... that's why I abhor groupies. That's what the groupie mentality does;
it idealizes a person projecting onto them qualities, and character traits they may not possess.
Then they blame YOU for not epitomizing the figment of their own warped, bizarre, imagination.

The last time that I'm aware of, was particularly painful in many ways... particularly because I didn't see it coming.
I'm usually able to see the warning signs, ...but this time I missed them... come to think of it... they weren't really there.

The fool thought I was sitting at home every night reading a bible... and was crushed to discover that ain't my cup of tea.

What an idiot!
LOL i wasnt talking in a relationship sense...everybody has been put on a pedestal in the relationship sense

why did that gentlemen think that of you? just curious

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:15 AM »
LOL i wasnt talking in a relationship sense...everybody has been put on a pedestal in the relationship sense

Every interaction is a relationship of sorts... whether romantic or platonic.

why did that gentlemen think that of you? just curious

'Cause he was a fvcking delusional idiot!
w