Author Topic: Harry Reid uses the "Negro" word to describe Obama.  (Read 6250 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Harry Reid uses the "Negro" word to describe Obama.
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
"'Offended' is the word that define our times."

LOL true

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
"'Offended' is the word that define our times."

LOL true
wondering who started all that and made it work so well that so many others adopted it.  lol... oooh nevermind....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
Honest to God, the next time I hear someone say the republican party are a bunch of racists I'm going to punch them in head and refer them this administration. Because of these racist inept jackasses we"ll never see another black president in our life time.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
This whole Politically Correctness America is stricken with is fucked up. It basically allows the governement, organizations and the media to emasculate individuals and their rights. Anybody should have the right to use any word they want. I don't care if a black person calls me cracker. Just because I am called this does not mean anything to me - I know my own skills. If lions and ants could talk to each other do you think the lion would give a fuck if the ant called him names? I am getting sick and tired of some celebrity or media head having to make excuses and appologies for using some expression that offended another race. It's so fake. So long as you use nice words racism is gone. Yeah right.

Blacks are acting like bitches when they get upset over a white person calling them a guy. Whites are acting like bitches when they get upset over a black person calling them a white boy / cracker. Laugh at them.

We need to move on from this racism issue and concentrate on the greedy pigs fucking this country and the world.

PS I really would like to use the N-WORD freely. However it has been moderated to this word: guy. How pathetic. Just relax it is just a word. guy is derived from the word guy which means black. I had to re-edit my post to include: "guy"

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »
wondering who started all that and made it work so well that so many others adopted it.  lol... oooh nevermind....
That ass wipe Tipper Gore with her campaign for labels for explicit lyrics comes to mind. As well as al sharpton and right wing family values groups.::)
As empty as paradise

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 06:46:41 AM »
It's not Harry Reid who should be apologizing
His remarks about Obama, however indelicate, carried an unfortunate truth. The real scandal is comparing him to Trent Lott, as Republican Michael Steele did.
by Sandy Banks

Harry Reid doesn't owe me an apology.

Sure, it was a little odd to see the term "Negro" used outside of a history class or documentary. Sounds like Reid is stuck in the last century.

But the Senate majority leader didn't say anything many Americans -- especially us Negroes -- don't already know.

If you're black, it is easier in this country to be light-skinned.

That's borne out not just by anecdote and experience, but by research documenting favorable treatment for fair-skinned blacks in criminal cases, employment prospects, even social and romantic liaisons.

Studies have shown that darker-skinned blacks are more likely to be unemployed, earn less and hold lower-prestige jobs. In the criminal justice system, convicted murderers with "stereotypically black" features are more than twice as likely as light-skinned defendants to receive death sentences from juries.

Don't blame Reid for the preference. Blame bigotry. Blame history.

The legacy of fair-skinned favoritism in this country has its roots in slavery. Light-skinned blacks tended to be slave owners' progeny, and to be offered education, land and access to broader society.

Those advantages persisted for generations, spawning a light-skinned elite that still has more crossover appeal.

Obama came by his light skin and dialectical flexibility differently -- as a biracial, bicultural son. But he's a political beneficiary of our color-conscious society; to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Reid was stating a fact, however indelicate and impolitic.

Obama's appearance and avoidance of "Negro dialect" -- except when reaching out to blacks -- allowed white voters to feel comfortable with his politics and his intellect. He seemed more like them than like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson; less threatening, more like a guy you'd have over for dinner.

Reid expressed regret this weekend "for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans," with comments he made in 2008 that only now have come to light.

But I don't know why I should be offended.

If anyone is insulted, it should be whites -- whom Reid accused implicitly of being willing to vote for a black man only if he talks like them and is not too black.

I think the next apology ought to come from Michael Steele -- the light-skinned, dialectically flexible African American head of the Republican National Committee.

Steele has called for Reid to step down as majority leader, likening him to Trent Lott, the former Mississippi senator rebuked in 2002 for saying he was "proud" that his state had supported a segregationist candidate in the 1948 presidential election.

That candidate was Strom Thurmond, who famously declared during his White House campaign: "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Either Steele is playing politics with a combustible case, or he thinks Americans are so incapable of thinking intelligently about race that we can't tell the difference between Lott and Reid.

Now that offends me.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-reid-banks11-2010jan11,0,3963271.column

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 06:49:09 AM »
His remarks about Obama, however indelicate, carried an unfortunate truth. The real scandal is comparing him to Trent Lott, as Republican Michael Steele did.
by Sandy Banks

Sure, it was a little odd to see the term "Negro" used outside of a history class or documentary. Sounds like Reid is stuck in the last century.

But the Senate majority leader didn't say anything many Americans -- especially us Negroes -- don't already know.

That's borne out not just by anecdote and experience, but by research documenting favorable treatment for fair-skinned blacks in criminal cases, employment prospects, even social and romantic liaisons.

Studies have shown that darker-skinned blacks are more likely to be unemployed, earn less and hold lower-prestige jobs. In the criminal justice system, convicted murderers with "stereotypically black" features are more than twice as likely as light-skinned defendants to receive death sentences from juries.

The legacy of fair-skinned favoritism in this country has its roots in slavery. Light-skinned blacks tended to be slave owners' progeny, and to be offered education, land and access to broader society.

Those advantages persisted for generations, spawning a light-skinned elite that still has more crossover appeal.

Obama came by his light skin and dialectical flexibility differently -- as a biracial, bicultural son. But he's a political beneficiary of our color-conscious society; to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Obama's appearance and avoidance of "Negro dialect" -- except when reaching out to blacks -- allowed white voters to feel comfortable with his politics and his intellect. He seemed more like them than like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson; less threatening, more like a guy you'd have over for dinner.

Reid expressed regret this weekend "for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans," with comments he made in 2008 that only now have come to light.

If anyone is insulted, it should be whites -- whom Reid accused implicitly of being willing to vote for a black man only if he talks like them and is not too black.

I think the next apology ought to come from Michael Steele -- the light-skinned, dialectically flexible African American head of the Republican National Committee.

Steele has called for Reid to step down as majority leader, likening him to Trent Lott, the former Mississippi senator rebuked in 2002 for saying he was "proud" that his state had supported a segregationist candidate in the 1948 presidential election.

That candidate was Strom Thurmond, who famously declared during his White House campaign: "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Either Steele is playing politics with a combustible case, or he thinks Americans are so incapable of thinking intelligently about race that we can't tell the difference between Lott and Reid.

Now that offends me.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-reid-banks11-2010jan11,0,3963271.column

GMAFB!!!!!

Reid should be booted out for helping usher in a horrific Deathcare bill and allowing outright bribes on the floor of the Senate. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:30 AM »
by Sandy Banks

Now that offends me.

For FUCKS sake...

Could someone stop this offending disease?

I hereby declare it the real Pandemia of the 2010's. ::)
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 06:52:12 AM »
by Sandy Banks

Now that offends me.

And Chris Dodd praised Robert Byrdd usi ng almost EXACTLY the same words as Lott did in his praising of Thurmond.Lets see,Robert Byrd was a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan.NOT ONE lib wanted Dodd to step down.I guess being a KLANSMAN AND NOT JUST IN THE KLAN,BUT RECRUIT FOR THE kLAN IS FINE AS LONG AS YOUR A DEMOCRAT.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 07:00:32 AM »
oh the drama!!!!!!!!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 07:22:56 AM »
oh the drama!!!!!!!!!

But Dick Cheney making a statement about Palin is earth shattering news.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 07:23:53 AM »
But Dick Cheney making a statement about Palin is earth shattering news.

240 is really spinning like a top lately. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »
This is such a small issue compared to the damage this congress is doing to the country right now.

Reid should have phrased his comments better but I don't think what he said in 2008 is that important right now.

It is obvious that someone who uses proper English will do better than others that don't...particularly in the workplace.  There should be extra emphasis by the teachers on correcting the slang used by many inner city students (it's not just blacks).  Give these kids a better chance for advancement by teaching them proper English early.  In England, there is no significant speech difference between white and black people...only variations in regional dialect.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:45 AM »
We should probably also remember that Reid is a billion yrs old...so he saw historical changes with blacks that many of us didn't.  I don't think his comment was meant to be derrogatory.
However, I hate what direction he and congress are taking this country.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
If Reid is not ousted by his own party, the dems lose a lot of creditbility-- with their own base imo.

This is the same Harry Reid that a few weeks ago compared opponents of Obama care with racists who opposed freeing the slaves.

Now Obama doesn't have a "Negro" dialect?

give me a break.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 08:26:32 AM »
This is such a small issue compared to the damage this congress is doing to the country right now.

Reid should have phrased his comments better but I don't think what he said in 2008 is that important right now.

It is obvious that someone who uses proper English will do better than others that don't...particularly in the workplace.  There should be extra emphasis by the teachers on correcting the slang used by many inner city students (it's not just blacks).  Give these kids a better chance for advancement by teaching them proper English early.  In England, there is no significant speech difference between white and black people...only variations in regional dialect.

Your right BUT its about time conservatives stand up and demand the same standards be applied to all.If we are going to be offended then be offended by ANYONE making racist statements,not just those Al Sharpton deems as racist.They need to make a stand here!!!!!!!!!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 08:48:18 AM »
If Reid is not ousted by his own party, the dems lose a lot of creditbility-- with their own base imo.

This is the same Harry Reid that a few weeks ago compared opponents of Obama care with racists who opposed freeing the slaves.

Now Obama doesn't have a "Negro" dialect?

give me a break.

Republicans has a lot to win on just being the better man on this "issue".

Just refuse to comment on it when being asked, and my guess is everyone will consider them "the better man" for not trying to score cheap ass points by demanding Reid to step down.

I forgot - they already did that.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 08:50:36 AM »

Republicans has a lot to win on just being the better man on this "issue".

Just refuse to comment on it when being asked, and my guess is everyone will consider them "the better man" for not trying to score cheap ass points by demanding Reid to step down.

I forgot - they already did that.

What I would say is something like this"

"While Harry's comments are indeed ridiculous, they pale in comparison to the very real reasons he should step down  that being . . . . "

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
What I would say is something like this"

"While Harry's comments are indeed ridiculous, they pale in comparison to the very real reasons he should step down  that being . . . . "

If I were some GOP big shot I would probably say something like:

"Should he step down? Definitely no. I disagree with the man on lots of issues, and think he's leading the country in the wrong direction. But he's entitled to his opinions. Just like I am to mine. When the election comes I will do whatever I can to convince the voters that our plan for America is the right one. And then he will be gone. But for the right reasons."

As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 09:35:23 AM »
If I were some GOP big shot I would probably say something like:

"Should he step down? Definitely no. I disagree with the man on lots of issues, and think he's leading the country in the wrong direction. But he's entitled to his opinions. Just like I am to mine. When the election comes I will do whatever I can to convince the voters that our plan for America is the right one. And then he will be gone. But for the right reasons."

Thats funny.I dont recall libs doing that over the Trent Lott issue.Or ANY other race issue for that matter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 09:37:10 AM »
Thats funny.I dont recall libs doing that over the Trent Lott issue.Or ANY other race issue for that matter.

Dont confuse Hedge with some recent history.

Harry Reid should resign because he is knowingly allowing Democrats to accept bribes in return for votes.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
They are?  

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
Yep, MSLSD, er, I mean MSNBC is all over Senator Harry Reid over his comments.   ::)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34783136/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/01/11/2169836.aspx

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/ns/msnbc_tv

His comments pale in comparison to the disaster he permits on the floor of the Senate with this Deathcare disaster. 

This is all a distraction. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »
Yep, MSLSD, er, I mean MSNBC is all over Senator Harry Reid over his comments.   ::)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34783136/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/01/11/2169836.aspx

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/ns/msnbc_tv

Here is a prediction,from 5-10 tonight,the ,MSNBC hosts will excuse the remarks,and by the end of the night will actually praise Reid for having the courage to discuss race in the open.Then they will try to paint conservatives as race baitors.Its easily predicted.