Author Topic: Haiti's been pretty much destroyed. Who will be the first to help?  (Read 4875 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Haiti's been pretty much destroyed. Who will be the first to help?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie gave over $6 million to charity last year (I believe), on top of all the volunteer work they do.  :D

The pictures I have seen are heartbreaking.  

How are the millions going to eat one week out from this?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
loco, with the taxes that our gov collects (and seem to be trying to raise), there won't be 10% left!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
loco, with the taxes that our gov collects (and seem to be trying to raise), there won't be 10% left!

I see what you are saying, and that definitely makes a difference in the numbers of people who donate!  But when it comes to faith, tax hikes haven't stopped many faithful Christians with an income from giving 10% of it in thousands of years, no matter how much it hurts them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »
I see what you are saying, and that definitely makes a difference in the numbers of people who donate!  But when it comes to faith, tax hikes haven't stopped many faithful Christians with an income from giving 10% of it in thousands of years, no matter how much it hurts them.

If the Federal Reserve can print dollars to fund the govt, why do we need to pay taxes in the first place?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
15 hours after the earthquake strikes, american teams will arrive on the ground to help.

Much improved from those Katrina days.

33, you are very wise to keep food and supplies on hand.  I think most people should.  No need to hoard like people did back in Y2k... but just have enough so that if anything happened, you wouldn't NEED to visit a walmart for a month or two.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
15 hours after the earthquake strikes, american teams will arrive on the ground to help.

Much improved from those Katrina days.

33, you are very wise to keep food and supplies on hand.  I think most people should.  No need to hoard like people did back in Y2k... but just have enough so that if anything happened, you wouldn't NEED to visit a walmart for a month or two.

I am trying a build a one month supply.  Obviously I am far overweighted in certain areas if you know what I mean, but have been building up my reserves in other areas such as dried foods with long shelf lives, toiletries and crap like tooth paste, water tabs, etc.  

If you do it slowly, its not that expensive.  

I have a bunch of crap from these people:

http://www.mountainhouse.com

Also, www.sportsmansguide.com is a great site.

This thing is going to get really ugly in Haiti as water and food go scarce.  We can only live 72 hours or a little longer without water. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 11:53:33 AM »
US: Two 72-man teams in there with high end urban rescue training... arriving shortly.

just shop at costco's, SAMs club, or BJs....

Spend $200 or 300 and you'll be good for at least a month on food. 
toiletries, etc: Dollar store :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
US: Two 72-man teams in there with high end urban rescue training... arriving shortly.

just shop at costco's, SAMs club, or BJs....

Spend $200 or 300 and you'll be good for at least a month on food. 
toiletries, etc: Dollar store :)

My GF used to think I was crazy but is seeing the light.  The funniest thing awas about a year or two ago, her father was arguing with me saying we were not heading for any trouble and I was exaggerating things.  This was when TARP was being discussed.  Now he wont admit I was right, but its sort of like an unspoken truth that little ole me was right while their brilliance was wrong.

As far as this goes, you are going to see a massive problem with people being fed and potable water. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
maybe.... my dad was a gun dealer 25 years ago and was always talking about the shit hitting the fan.  It never happened, and while I hope for the best, like all smart people I prepare for the worst.  It's not a huge change of lifestyle - you just buy a little extra of the stuff you're gonna eat anyway.  It's cheaper to buy in bulk anyway, and it means you don't have to run to the grocery store 4 times a week and rub elbows with everyone.

i've done it all my life.  when there's a hurricane and everyone's at walmart stabbing each other for batteries or gallon water, etc... i get to stay home arguing with you guys :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
maybe.... my dad was a gun dealer 25 years ago and was always talking about the shit hitting the fan.  It never happened, and while I hope for the best, like all smart people I prepare for the worst.  It's not a huge change of lifestyle - you just buy a little extra of the stuff you're gonna eat anyway.  It's cheaper to buy in bulk anyway, and it means you don't have to run to the grocery store 4 times a week and rub elbows with everyone.

i've done it all my life.  when there's a hurricane and everyone's at walmart stabbing each other for batteries or gallon water, etc... i get to stay home arguing with you guys :)

Check these pics out.  Horrible.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/01/earthquake_in_haiti.html

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
I'm cocked, locked and ready to rock. I've got a pack of bubble gum, some string and a paper clip. MacGyver style, bitches.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
Yeah, it's a real disaster.  Those people are suffering.  Glad the U.S. is there quickly.
Makes you wonder why things like this happen...for those of us that aren't immersed in faith that believe it's god or evil's will, it's very troubling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
I'm cocked, locked and ready to rock. I've got a pack of bubble gum, some string and a paper clip. MacGyver style, bitches.

That little pea shooter going to do a lot of damage right BF?   :o  :o  :o

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 12:15:13 PM »
That little pea shooter going to do a lot of damage right BF?   :o  :o  :o

Indeed. Worse comes to worst I'll broadcast Samson posts over a loud speaker and watch as people kill themselves from stupid overload.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »
wow, those pictures are very sad.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »
Indeed. Worse comes to worst I'll broadcast Samson posts over a loud speaker and watch as people kill themselves from stupid overload.

Ha ha.  If you want one weapon to get, Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge or Saiga 12.  The rest is gravy.    

In a few days Haiti is going to be like Dawn of the Dead as those people will be hungry, angry, starving, and thirsty.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »

LOL

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
 :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:43 PM »
Waiting for the some of the extreme evangelical lunatics to blame this on their sinning!
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
Waiting for the some of the extreme evangelical lunatics to blame this on their sinning!

UUGGHHHH  - already done bro.   www.huffingtonpost.com

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »

I am an "extreme evangelical lunatic."  I think it was a natural disaster.   

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »
Are you people actually this fucking retarded ::)  Oh, only the USA can come to the rescue ::)  The others couldn't possibly be even willing.  Dipshits, Venezuela and Cuba have already send a great deal of aid in one form or another to Haiti.  Cuba even tried to help us during Katrina faster than Bush showed a sign of caring.  You really think Hugo looks the other way on this?  You really think Cuba isn't sending more doctors past the ones they already had there?  hahahaha, oh brother, I love America but you people with superiority complexes greater than Lex Luther really make me ill.  I really don't think you do America any favors talking like we're the only thing ever great to happen and the rest of the world are lowlifes lucky to exist.

I think Marxist Chavez is about to lose his country after his devaluation scheme and people are about to topple that fat asshole communist POFS. 

If he cant feed his own people, how are they going to feed these poor hatians. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »
240, you're wasting your time with BF.  You clearly made his post look like dumb and dumber but he'll never admit it.

How so? Those big bad Americans give more to charity and the govt. gives more aid than any other country in the world. Linking a bunch of $50,000 donations (or $1 million from Pakistan) when we give out billions every year doesn't prove shit.

China's the fastest growing country in the world yet they're too busy destroying the rights of people in Tibet to bother giving out aid. Just look at the job they're already pulling on Africa.  ::)

It's time the USA stops pulling the majority of the charitable weight around the world. Americans are chastised as assholes and what not and yet they're giving more money than most people. Not to mention all the Americans that are going to go down to Haiti to volunteer their services. Americans from all over the country are dropping what they're doing and heading down to Haiti to help.

How many Venezuelans are going to go help? Hugo will ship off a few things and send a few dozen people, no doubt. Just enough to make it look like he actually gives a shit. ::)