Author Topic: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter  (Read 61215 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: For 333 - Our Resident Commie Hunter
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
Kelo was a SC decision that changed eminent domain laws radically.  Read on it.  In fact, that decision to me was the one I was begging Palin would spit out in the Couric interview. 

If anyone asked me that question, KELO would have come out immediately since it was such an assault on property rights. 

I'm not a fan of this decision at all (seems odd that Bush would sign an executive order affirming it - why don't you ever call him a Commie).

It seems unless you have absolute sovereignty over your property then we must be slouching toward a communist state.   There is no middle ground right?  It's either all or nothing and if you don't have "all" then we must be heading toward communism.    If that's what you choose to believe thats your choice.  Nothing you provided so far convinces me to agree with you but I'm certainly still open to more information.   

Shit, if you're a real Commie Hunter you should be outing Bush for his land grab of the property surrounding Ranger Stadium.   Let me know when Obama starts doing something like that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
I'm not a fan of this decision at all (seems odd that Bush would sign an executive order affirming it - why don't you ever call him a Commie).

It seems unless you have absolute sovereignty over your property then we must be slouching toward a communist state.   There is no middle ground right?  It's either all or nothing and if you don't have "all" then we must be heading toward communism.    If that's what you choose to believe thats your choice.  Nothing you provided so far convinces me to agree with you but I'm certainly still open to more information.   

Shit, if you're a real Commie Hunter you should be outing Bush for his land grab of the property surrounding Ranger Stadium.   Let me know when Obama starts doing something like that

Dude - this is way too easy. 

Have you read what Obama did to many of the GM & Chrysler dealerships?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:33 AM »
Reagan cut the top bracket by 42%   

To this day, many Democrats still blame Reagan for cutting taxes too much

they probably wouldn't have minded if only he hadn't racked up the federal debt more than all the other POTUS's before him put together

what's the point of tax cuts when you leave behind massive new debt?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48:47 AM »
you think if I don't pay my property taxes that proves I don't own my property?
you think because some cities have ordinances regarding trees that I don't own my property?

from the little I know about it, I don't agree with the Kelo decision but that really has to do with state/local governments.  

Oddly, Bush issued an executive order instructing the government to use emminent domain and I'm not aware that Obama has done so.  Wouldn't that make Bush more of a Commie that Obama.

I live in a nice residential subdivision and when the government starts wiping these out en masse to build communist re-edcuation centers then you might be on to something.   Right now you're just completely deluded on this subject

Yes, if you don't pay your property taxes you lose your property.  Therefore you don't own it.  A city ordinance should never matter on your own private property.  What about government owned easements that you paid for when you bought the property, you pay taxes on that property, and you have to maintain it.  

You are missing the point once again by simply comparing Obama to Bush and vice versa.  

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:47 AM »

Yes, I should have COMPLETE sovereignty over my own property as private property is a mainstay of our Republic.  Our government has eroded our rights away for some time now and it has to stop.  You keep thinking you own your property and don't pay your taxes on it.  Just do it to see what happens.  The ownership of private property is what made this country great...it seems your okay with government having a say so over your property. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:52:19 AM »
they probably wouldn't have minded if only he hadn't racked up the federal debt more than all the other POTUS's before him put together

Good point and the same can be said why should we be raising taxes if we are still having a huge deficit, no straw?  

The issue is and has always been the outrageous level of spending on all levels and the govt making committments it cannot ever hope to meet.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »
Yes, I should have COMPLETE sovereignty over my own property as private property is a mainstay of our Republic.  Our government has eroded our rights away for some time now and it has to stop.  You keep thinking you own your property and don't pay your taxes on it.  Just do it to see what happens.  The ownership of private property is what made this country great...it seems your okay with government having a say so over your property. 

When you believe in the tenents of the far left, they dont even consider property rights as being important by and large. 

As for the income tax situation, when coupled with all the other taxes we are forced to pay, I simply dont know why people dont make a moral argument that it is inherently immoral to have to work 50% of the year for the govt. 

To me that is slavery. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »
Good point and the same can be said why should we be raising taxes if we are still having a huge deficit, no straw?  

The issue is and has always been the outrageous level of spending on all levels and the govt making committments it cannot ever hope to meet.  

Obama "raising of taxes" is mostly letting the Bush tax cuts expire (the very tax cuts that helped exacerbate the deficti and debt of the last 8 years)

Spending is a tougher issue.   History has shown that federal spending in our own economy during times of economic downturn can help but if Obama really wanted to tackle spending he would start with military spending.  If that's off the table then any other spending cut is merely a token

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 08:08:30 AM »

do you own property?

has it ever worked in a way that gives you complete sovereignty.

for example - should you be allowed to buy a residential property and then turn it into a business such as an auto repair shop for example.  Should you be allowed to dispose of toxic chemicals on your property.  Afterall, you own it and you should be able to do whatever you want with it right?  You probably would like running water and eletricity but you don't think utilities should have easments on your property to provide such services.   You'd probably like the road in front of your home to be maintained but you don't want the government charging you property tax to pay for it right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »
do you own property?

for example - should you be allowed to buy a residential property and then turn it into a business such as an auto repair shop for example.  Should you be allowed to dispose of toxic chemicals on your property.  Afterall, you own it and you should be able to do whatever you want with it right?  You probably would like running water and eletricity but you don't think utilities should have easments on your property to provide such services.   You'd probably like the road in front of your home to be maintained but you don't want the government charging you property tax to pay for it right?

The difference is that those things are usually dealt with a fine on the homeowner, not a lien, encumbrance, or mark on the title. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 08:28:54 AM »
Straw, you think that laws vary state to state regarding the rights of home ownership yet which party wants to eliminate state's rights (or render them ineffective) and decide everything with a FEDERAL mandate or regulation? 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 08:29:16 AM »
do you own property?

Let me clarify...I shouldn't have said complete sovereignty.  

No, people shouldn't be able to do that in residential areas.  I'm well aware of zoning ordinances and those are needed but at the same time do not cost the homeowner/property owner anything directly.  

1.  Roads are supposed to be paid for with gas taxes.  Even here that's what they are SUPPOSED to pay for.  Can't say that they are.  

2. Easements themselves are not the problem...It's the fact that I don't own the property and am being taxed on it(hence easement statements on recorded plats).  They run across your property as we all know; the point is they are still NOT your property yet you have to pay for them when you buy the property(which increases profits for the developer) and also pay taxes on every year.  I pay for my utilities which private companies maintain, and also install when a subdivision is being built.  I shouldn't be paying the government taxes on property that I don't own and have to maintain.  Not to mention the fact that easements take up yard space and can not be improved upon.  You are just thinking easements in the realm of utilities.  I have seen, worked on, and drawn drainage and ingress/egress easements that take up more than half of the yard.  Again, why is a person having to buy said property(they will NEVER own) and then pay taxes on it.  

3. Again, it doesn't change the fact that if you don't pay your property taxes you lose your property.  

James

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 08:29:44 AM »

Reagan's tax cuts shows that, as a result of the cuts, tax revenues increased substantially in the next 10 years.

The Democrats controlled Congress. Reagan tried to get Tip O'Neil to cut spending, but to no avail.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:15 AM »
Reagan's tax cuts shows that, as a result of the cuts, tax revenues increased substantially in the next 10 years.

The Democrats controlled Congress. Reagan tried to get Tip O'Neil to cut spending, but to no avail.

Democrats complaining about spending by Reagan and Bush are complete phonies since they always neglect to mention the congresses they deal with.  Yes bush did horribly when he had the narrow GOP majority, however the spending ramped up when Pelosi took over.

Additionally, the Democrats' biggest complaint was that Bush or Reagan did not spend enough!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:02 AM »
Let me clarify...I shouldn't have said complete sovereignty.  

No, people shouldn't be able to do that in residential areas.  I'm well aware of zoning ordinances and those are needed but at the same time do not cost the homeowner/property owner anything directly.  

1.  Roads are supposed to be paid for with gas taxes.  Even here that's what they are SUPPOSED to pay for.  Can't say that they are.  

2. Easements themselves are not the problem...It's the fact that I don't own the property and am being taxed on it(hence easement statements on recorded plats).  They run across your property as we all know; the point is they are still NOT your property yet you have to pay for them when you buy the property(which increases profits for the developer) and also pay taxes on every year.  I pay for my utilities which private companies maintain, and also install when a subdivision is being built.  I shouldn't be paying the government taxes on property that I don't own and have to maintain.  Not to mention the fact that easements take up yard space and can not be improved upon.  You are just thinking easements in the realm of utilities.  I have seen, worked on, and drawn drainage and ingress/egress easements that take up more than half of the yard.  Again, why is a person having to buy said property(they will NEVER own) and then pay taxes on it.  

3. Again, it doesn't change the fact that if you don't pay your property taxes you lose your property.  

If you don't pay property tax you will lose your property.  Is that really such an injustice?

If this were actually a communist country in the traditional sense you wouldn't have to worry about property tax because you would never get to own property.  According to some here that's where we're headed so I don't really need to worry about my taxes because the state will soon step in and take my property and probably make it housing for communist party workers

you may not like or agree with property tax but you know the rules going it

you always have the choice of not purchasing property or moving to a state with very low property taxes (the variances are huge from state to state)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
If you don't pay property tax you will lose your property.  Is that really such an injustice?

If this were actually a communist country in the traditional sense you wouldn't have to worry about property tax because you would never get to own property.  According to some here that's where we're headed so I don't really need to worry about my taxes because the state will soon step in and take my property and probably make it housing for communist party workers

you always have the choice of not purchasing property or moving to a state with very low property taxes (the variances are huge from state to state)

Straw, but what happens when the local govts ramp up the property tax so high that: 

No 1. it effectively forces people from "their land"   

and/or

No. 2 it makes your home unmarketable and or worth less due to the afixed price tag that comes in year after year etc? 

Where I live, people pay insane taxes and it is driving people out of the state.  Its horrible. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 09:16:27 AM »
Straw, but what happens when the local govts ramp up the property tax so high that: 

No 1. it effectively forces people from "their land"   

and/or

No. 2 it makes your home unmarketable and or worth less due to the afixed price tag that comes in year after year etc? 

Where I live , people pay insane taxes and it is driving people out of the state.  Its horrible. 

I live in CA and we have prop 13 so my neighbor who owns the same house as me pays about 1/3 of what I pay in property  taxes 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »
I live in CA and we have prop 13 so my neighbor who owns the same house as me pays about 1/3 of what I pay in property  taxes 

Its truly a bad way to finance the govt since you are basically a target with a big fat bullseye on your chest since there is little you can do about. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »
Its truly a bad way to finance the govt since you are basically a target with a big fat bullseye on your chest since there is little you can do about. 

I can always choose not to buy property

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
thats hilarious...3333 is so predictable...its sickening now...grasping at straws...no pun

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »

Yes, because that negates the benefits of owning private proeperty which again is a basic tenet of our Constitution.  You say that a person can choose not to own land but that is exactly what the government wants.  The lack of private land ownership just creates more dependency on said government...private land ownership is a very real right in this country and property taxes only help to discourage and even prevent that right.  

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
Again, you are turning this discussion away from your initial question.  You don't own the land if the government can take it away from you in any way, shape, or form period!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
thats hilarious...3333 is so predictable...its sickening now...grasping at straws...no pun

Like what Mal?  Name one thing I said that does not apply?  

Did you read the article I posted? 

Probably not of course. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »
We are quickly approaching that with massive property taxation to the point where you dont actually own your property.   

Dude thats just not true...At all.. What the shit is that crappy ass Glen Beck type link...1+2=6
 ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
We are quickly approaching that with massive property taxation to the point where you dont actually own your property.   

Dude thats just not true...At all.. What the shit is that crappy ass Glen Beck type link...1+2=6
 ::)

Have you read any of the MANY posts explaining how you dont own your home or are you just spouting ignorant crap again with no understanding of the issue? 

If the govt can tax you from your home and foreclose on you for not paying property tax, EVEN AFTER YOU PAID YOUR MORTGAGE, than who really owns your home Mal?