Author Topic: Competing with crazy tats and scars  (Read 21204 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Competing with crazy tats and scars
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »
You're right, not always. Some people have different reasons for looking that way, like maybe it reflects their serious and disciplined personality. Or maybe they are a conservative and traditional type of person. Or maybe they are just following their upbringing or whatever.

But in the US. Most suit and tie people are not like this. Most of them are neck deep in the rat race.

How often do you see people in the US wearing a suit and tie on their day off? Or to go out to the bar or whatever? Very rarely. In the US the suit and tie is pretty much a work outfit.

Well, I don't wear your typical suit and tie. However, I am a 2nd year doctoral student, so I do have to dress appropriately for a number of occasions. I don't this makes me a tool at all. Do I want to be successful at my chosen occupation? You're damn right I want to be. I wouldn't consider myself a meat head, but I am well built (to a certain extent). I have 2 tattoos. Not a lot compared to other people. I used to have my chin and eyebrow pierced, but took them out years ago.

And no, I don't wear "dress" clothes to a bar, party, etc. Only when I have to.

I think your original statement could have been better worded or expanded on. So, I'm sure you understand what my problem was with your initial statement.

Lastly, my profession doesn't require me to be "neck deep in the rat race." It's not a cut-throat field, like business. Actually, I'm studying to be a child psychologist. So, its not a field where I'm going to be screwing over someone else to make millions.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:17 PM »
My view on the suit and tie is that it is a pointless formality. And when someone wears a suit and tie they are just kind of being a tool to that formal, repressive idealogy. And they are almost always just being a ladder climber and brown noser.

Sure to some extent it could be seen as "showing respect" but usually it's more self-serving. I mean, how many guys actually like wearing a suit and tie because they think it looks cool? Or because deep down they WANT to do it? Not many I would guess.

But I understand that other people see it differently and that's allright. Where i'm living now lots of the guys wear suits and ties all the time but that's because it's a very, very different culture out here.

Well, personally I don't like wearing casual or fancy clothes. I find it to be highly annoying. But like I said, certain places require them. I can't get around them. Therefore, conformity is required to a certain extent.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
Right now i'm living a lifestyle in which I don't need to conform to anything at all and i'm loving it.

I used to work a professional job just to make money. It sucked so bad. Thank god I escaped all that bullshit.

Freedom is fabulous.

Well, all I ever wanted to be was a child psychologist, so wearing some clothes I don't like is not going to stop me from pursuing my dream. Maybe you hated the job itself, and the annoying clothes compounded the issue. You did state that you worked a professional job just to make money. So yeah, I can see where everything would seem annoying that is attached to the job.  However, I am not working this (future) job for the money. Hell, its not like I'm going to be rich anyway. I will do alright, but nothing spectacular.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2010, 05:55:22 PM »
obviously you know NOTHING about tattoos, a tattoo of a nude black women will just look like a giant blob.

I've worked in a tattoo shop for the past 5 years, first apprenticing and now tattooing. People get tattooed for multiple reasons, they dont do it just because it's a ''fad''. Granted it has become more accepted in the past 10 years and that's why you see the increase in the number of people with actual VISIBLE tattoos. I've tattooed LAWYERS, DOCTORS, POLICE OFFICERS, ATHLETES, and your average schmoe who just wants to get a tattoo because it looks cool. Who are you to judge?
What shop do you work in?

PM if you don't want to post it publicly.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »
Well then it sounds like you got a good thing going on. Wear your suit with pride.

I spent a lot of time living in Southern Cali though. And out there the average guy you meet who wears a suit is a straight up yuppie, snob, asshole. So I guess it's just my own personal prejudice. I met so many people like that, but they aren't all like that.

Well, I live in NYC, so trust me, I know a thing or two about yuppies and snobs lol
X

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »
I would sit back and exchange stories with chaos discovering he inspired an old romanian cartoon

newmom

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
Well, I live in NYC, so trust me, I know a thing or two about yuppies and snobs lol

SF someone I know is looking for a tat artist..she lives in queens..pm me of any good shops in any of the boroughs

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
I would sit back and exchange stories with chaos discovering he inspired an old romanian cartoon

You'd have to make it to the US first.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
You'd have to make it to the US first.
already went and came back

you need to stop owning yourself

Earl1972